6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

South Florida Dealer Service Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:51 PM
InSearchOf
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Florida Dealer Service Experiences

Looking for some input on dealer service experiences on their 6.7's in the South Florida area. The 2 that I have been frequenting in the Miami area are in my opinion, not up par with the 6.7's. So just on the hunt for a good 6.7 service department. Distance is not an issue if I have confidence when I roll in and when I leave.

I know this an opinionated question, just need to find a good dealer. The one here in the "keys" I won't even let them rotate a tire, let alone, do anything else.

Thanks!!

Old 11-11-2011, 05:18 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,009 Posts
When I was in Florida this summer I stayed in titusville. Ford dealer there did a real good job. I had an upper radiator hose that was leaking.

In and out with ease.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Nboiss
New User
Other coast but Tamiami Ford in Naples has a separate building servicing diesels exclusively and what seem to be very knowledgeable mechanics. Seem to be a high volume dealer in the area. They are currently replacing my entire fuel system due to a failed HPFP. Guess I’m the second isolated incident. Good news is it is being covered under warranty and I should get the truck back early next week (just under two weeks in shop). So far I’m pleased with communication and progress on the part of the dealer given the magnitude of the job.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:12 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nboiss
Other coast but Tamiami Ford in Naples has a separate building servicing diesels exclusively and what seem to be very knowledgeable mechanics. Seem to be a high volume dealer in the area. They are currently replacing my entire fuel system due to a failed HPFP. Guess I’m the second isolated incident. Good news is it is being covered under warranty and I should get the truck back early next week (just under two weeks in shop). So far I’m pleased with communication and progress on the part of the dealer given the magnitude of the job.

Welcome to FTE!

Congrats on the truck.

Your isolated incident is somewhat of a sore subject still on this forum for some. Sorry to hear about your problems. How many miles do you have on your truck?

Old 11-12-2011, 08:40 PM
InSearchOf
Junior User
Originally Posted by marchare011
Welcome to FTE!

Congrats on the truck.

Your isolated incident is somewhat of a sore subject still on this forum for some. Sorry to hear about your problems. How many miles do you have on your truck?

Thanks to all for the replies!! I just turned 25k on the truck today, and thankfully no mechanical issues with the truck thus far.

With the 6.7 still givng off the impression of a new entity in the Ford Diesel service area here in South Florida, I've yet to find a dealer who appears to be familiar with the 6.7.

I wish Ford would send their South Florida techs to get schooled up on the 6.7.

I am presently checking out a dealership..............210 miles away that through suggestion seems to have a good rep with the 6.7.

Again mileage (within reason) is not an issue to ensure my truck is maintained correctly. Just looking for a dealership where I don't feel I have to "micro-manage" there every action.

Thanks for the ear!!!

Hope everyone's weekend is going good!!

Old 11-12-2011, 08:51 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you use any additives in your fuel system? Don't worry I don't work for FOMOCO. LOL

Just curious. Lubricity seems to be crucial to these beasts. Also, did you use bio-diesel?

Old 11-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Nboiss
New User
New to the forum and I've had a chance to read all of the threads now so I appreciate the sensitivity. Not looking to create a stir. Truck has 13.7K miles on it. Purchased Oct. 2010. No additives, no Bio.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:36 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Nboiss
This post is all I need to hear. I would go here and be done with it. Thanks for the info.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:11 AM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
most of us have been to the 6.7 class by now. we just have not had much hands on time in the shop... that good for you and bad for us.
I would suggest running something along the lines of pm22 in the fuel

Old 11-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Nboiss
New User
Religiously going forward!