Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Elder User

Big-Red-Lariat is starting off with a positive reputation.
WHICH BULB IS BEST FOR BRIGHTER LIGHTS?

Thinking of upgrading my headlight bulbs; last truck I changed to SILVERSTARs and didn't notice much difference. Local hardware store has EUROLIGHT H13s and the reviews online sound good. Anybody used these and got an opinion?
Can I go wrong for $20 ea.?
Old 11-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Elder User

awq134 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.awq134 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Lariat View Post
Thinking of upgrading my headlight bulbs; last truck I changed to SILVERSTARs and didn't notice much difference. Local hardware store has EUROLIGHT H13s and the reviews online sound good. Anybody used these and got an opinion?
Can I go wrong for $20 ea.?
i would also be interested to find out the same thing.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:30 PM

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
My Silverstars made a difference. I with they made a H13 in the Ultra's, they are really bright in the fogs.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 11-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Whachuwant?

MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
Went with Silverstar's in the '06 last year. Good, white-ish bright light. Still wanted more and didn't want HID. I put in a set of Philips X-treme Power H13's last week and set off through rural VA to hunt camp. They are just as bright if not maybe a few lumens brighter on the low beam (it's like 1,000 to 1050 lumens, SS to XP) and the Philips are not white, they are the standard yellowish halogen color you'd expect.
I did not notice a huge improvement over the SS's, but the XP's did seem to cast a little longer light path. The very noticeable difference was the high beam. The high on the XP's is a loooooooong bright path of light. Still yellowish in tint, but way better than the SS's.

I got mine on Amazon.com for about $33 for the set, they also came with free ground shipping.
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 11-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Senior User

justiz00 is starting off with a positive reputation.
6K HID's in reflector housings
Old 11-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Junior User

stormsearch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LxMan1 View Post
My Silverstars made a difference. I with they made a H13 in the Ultra's, they are really bright in the fogs.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F2XX43Y3FGE1PG

They've been out for a little while now
Old 11-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Posting Guru

04XLTRUNNER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.04XLTRUNNER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have 10k HID's in the factory housing. Looks really good and really lights up the road. Headlights are a Low/High HID that switches and I have 10k HID's in my foglights. Works great for the backroad driving through the woods in South East Texas. Doesnt blind people as bad as some of you might think.
2012 Lariat SC 4x4 5.0. Tuxedo Black, 3.55 E-lock,6.5" MacGaughy Lift, 1.5" AAL, 20" XD Cranks w/ 35" Fuel M/T Rubber, 5Star Tuned, Blacked out upper/lower Grille,Cherry Bomb,Spyder CCFL Halo Projectors, HID's, Full Int. LED, LED 3rd Brake & Taillights, Fire&Ice Bar, LED puddle lamps
Gone:2009 F-150 FX4, 2005 F-150 lariat 4x4 & 2004 F-150 xlt 2x4
Old 11-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Junior User

ketchup is starting off with a positive reputation.
Silverstars

The package reads......"brighter compared with 2 year or older oem headlamps". So you'll really have to be the judge.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Senior User

KSCRUDE is starting off with a positive reputation.
I went with piaa Xtreme white plus H13 bulbs in my 11 JK wrangler which has notoriously bad head lights due too the reflectors. Of the dozen or so fords I run they all have much beter light then the wrangler, and I didn't even know ford used the H13 until recently. The fords all seem so good I never seen a need for a upgrade. The piaa lights help a bunch in the jeep and they are $70 bucks a pair at central 4wd. On the jeep I also installed 7 inch warn HIDS on the aftermarket front bumper and wired them to brite light side of the jeep lighting through a relay, and now when I hit the brights I got light, like the vegas strip. Half a mile easy and way wider then the ditches, great for running in deer country at night. The piaas are very white, and the warn HIDS have a little blue tint to them but they work very well together. Of all the fords, my wife's 11 explorer which had factory HIDS I think has the best lighting. And this encircles f150-f250-f350 expeditions, explorers, and a sporttrac. I have one gm vehicle, a 08 corvette which has awesome lighting also, don't know what they use but great lighting. The 11 wrangler was about the worst I ever had on any vehicle. A lot of jeep owners convert to h4 lights and upgrade wiring and housings and all. More then I wanted to do to a brand new vehicle.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:18 PM

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormsearch View Post
I guess Sylvania needs to update their website because they didn't show them when I again a minute ago. Thanks for the link. I have 3 more spare Silverstars, but will go to the ultra's when I run out. I need to get a set of Ultra's for my Mustang too

I can say that the Silverstars were brighter than the new std bulbs that I replaced.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 11-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Whachuwant?

MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
I believe that the factory H13 is around 850-900 lumens. Silverstars are very near 1000 lumens and ultras are not quite 1050. There is a guy on F150 online that did all the research earlier this year and compiled a bunch of info on alot of bulbs. It was pretty good stuff.
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 11-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Posting Guru

NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.
Philips Xtreme Power bulbs are much better than stock. I like them better than Silverstars but you know what they say about opinions.
Amazon.com: Philips H13 9008 X-treme Power Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2: Automotive

92 Bronco
Old 11-12-2011, 05:10 AM
Postmaster

fonefiddy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.fonefiddy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'll +1 one the Phillips X-Treme power bulbs. Better than any other out there.

On a side note, I feel like swerving over and crashing into all these A_HOLES that run aftermarket HID's! Freakin things scattering light all over the road! What a bunch of Dip_cheats

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...149391.520.390
Old 11-12-2011, 06:16 AM
Whachuwant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASSTY View Post
Philips Xtreme Power bulbs are much better than stock. I like them better than Silverstars but you know what they say about opinions.
Amazon.com: Philips H13 9008 X-treme Power Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2: Automotive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonefiddy View Post

On a side note, I feel like swerving over and crashing into all these A_HOLES that run aftermarket HID's! Freakin things scattering light all over the road! What a bunch of Dip_cheats
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 11-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Ambassador

hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonefiddy View Post

when those dip-cheats hop behind me (for an extended period) with highs or improper aimed blues/whites I simply let them get in front and then I hit highs with ultras and flip on my fogs. They get the idea

Buford T Justice "There aint No way, No way, that you could come from my loins"
Old 11-12-2011, 07:00 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150

Tags
2004, 2011, blue, bright, bulbs, f150, ford, headlights, hids, lariat, philips, power, red, truck, xtreme