Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Here we go.....again

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:02 PM
EdCaffreyMS
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the truck went into the dealership this morning.....we'll see what happens, but I'm fully expecting the old "we can't find anything wrong" answer. Like I said before, I've come to understand that if they can't pull a specific trouble code out of the computer, they have no idea of what to do.

On the up side, it's one more day that the truck is out of service, and one more day closer to meeting the lemon law requirements.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:51 PM
EdCaffreyMS
Senior User
Well, just as I suspected....the truck went in, and the response was "We can't duplicate the problem....we can't find anything wrong."

And get this.....then they wanted to keep the RO open "in case it happens again." NOT!
That's how I got screwed early on with this truck...it was in the shop 4 different times for the same issue before they found the loose grounds, but they left the RO open for over a month.....so when I tried to qualify the truck for the lemon law based on the number of times in the shop for the same issue, it was all on one RO....therefore I couldn't prove that it was in 3+ times for the same issue, and in the eyes of Ford, the truck had only been there once, since there was only one RO.

Man! I've had more trouble with this truck in 7 months of ownership than I did with my old 87 Toyota in 13 years!

I REALLY hope they offer me something good when this new truck arrives.....it's getting hard to keep my cool with this one.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:03 AM
EdCaffreyMS
Senior User
UPDATE:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and saying my prayers, but I think this 7 month ride of headaches and heartaches is finally over.

Being patient has finally paid off! Saturday I took an extended test drive in a truck identical to mine, with the exception of the engine....the new one is a 5.0. The dealership offered me nearly a straight across trade, and I'm taking it. (they are charging me .15 cents per mile that's on my truck, which I think is more than fair since the new truck had 5 miles on the odometer when I took it for the test drive)

I should be in the new truck Tue/Wed, and be rid of my EB truck.

I know there are a lot of folks out there who are thrilled with their EB, but I've not been one of them. Many of you are aware of all the issues I've experienced, and my thoughts had even gone to the point of the truck being possessed! It's a bad feeling to walk towards your "new" truck every morning and wonder "What's going to go wrong today?"

I've learned a lot of lessons during this saga. My advice to anyone looking into the Ecoboost would be to insist on taking it for an extended test drive...overnight if possible, and look hard at the top end extended warranty.

Although part of me thinks I just got "the bad egg", the whole experience has really soured me towards the Ecoboost, and it will have to prove itself to me before I would ever consider purchasing another EB equipped vehicle.

This also puts me in a unique position to evaluate the EB versus 5.0....as I get some miles on the new truck, I'll pop in from time to time and offer my thoughts......of course unless this one is possessed too!

Thanks to everyone for listening to all the posts about how frustrated I was with the EB.....it's good to have a place to vent. You folks are great!

Old 11-21-2011, 04:26 PM
akalogan
Senior User
Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS
UPDATE:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and saying my prayers, but I think this 7 month ride of headaches and heartaches is finally over.

Being patient has finally paid off! Saturday I took an extended test drive in a truck identical to mine, with the exception of the engine....the new one is a 5.0. The dealership offered me nearly a straight across trade, and I'm taking it. (they are charging me .15 cents per mile that's on my truck, which I think is more than fair since the new truck had 5 miles on the odometer when I took it for the test drive)

I should be in the new truck Tue/Wed, and be rid of my EB truck.

I know there are a lot of folks out there who are thrilled with their EB, but I've not been one of them. Many of you are aware of all the issues I've experienced, and my thoughts had even gone to the point of the truck being possessed! It's a bad feeling to walk towards your "new" truck every morning and wonder "What's going to go wrong today?"

I've learned a lot of lessons during this saga. My advice to anyone looking into the Ecoboost would be to insist on taking it for an extended test drive...overnight if possible, and look hard at the top end extended warranty.

Although part of me thinks I just got "the bad egg", the whole experience has really soured me towards the Ecoboost, and it will have to prove itself to me before I would ever consider purchasing another EB equipped vehicle.

This also puts me in a unique position to evaluate the EB versus 5.0....as I get some miles on the new truck, I'll pop in from time to time and offer my thoughts......of course unless this one is possessed too!

Thanks to everyone for listening to all the posts about how frustrated I was with the EB.....it's good to have a place to vent. You folks are great!
I hope all works out this time Ed. Besides not many of us get the chance of having 2 new trucks in a years time. Let us know what you think about the 5.0

Old 11-21-2011, 05:07 PM
FoMoFun
Senior User
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't say the new truck might be possessed--say it's going to be perfect for you! Hope it all works out and looking forward to the comparison between EB and 5.0.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:14 PM
EdCaffreyMS
Senior User
LOL! You guys are great. When I read that, I had an image in my head of sitting in a yoga position and chanting......"It's Peerrrfffeect" "It's Peerrrfffeect".

Old 11-21-2011, 05:24 PM
99F150
Fleet Mechanic
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I hope you have good luck with the new one, but this was not an ecoboost problem. It was a F150 problem with engine unrelated to problems such as headlights not working and loose grounds. I drive Rangers because they are simpler, not as many bells and whistles and have also driven turbos since1984 and if i buy an F150 it will be a turbo..

Old 11-21-2011, 06:23 PM
olbear
New User
Ed, have been keeping up with your woe's, your patience and level headedness is a lesson to us all! I would be "frothing at the mouth" if I had to deal with your "challanges".
Am very pleased to hear the dealer & Ford stepped up with a new change out F150.
Looking forward to seeing your new ride and getting your thoughts on the new 5.0l.

Unlike many on the forum, I would not seek out a V6 with a "hairdryer" on it!
I still feel there is no substitiute for cubic inches, understanding all the over-the-top environmental "garbage" thrown at the auto industry to get low emmissons, fuel economy etc..

Old 11-21-2011, 07:57 PM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm thinking same saga, just different truck.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:35 AM
whalebird
Senior User
DO let us know. I'm glad Ford stepped up, this was not entirly a dealer decision to trade out the truck, but also had Ford's good graces as well. I think the 5.0 will feel better in the long run. I'm not crazy about V6s and the hype is just hype. I love turbocharging in certain applications, but no way, no how is a turbo V6 going to get better mileage than a V8 with the same output, or v12, or 4 banger. Sure, under light throttle situations you may find a margin, but that turbo is spooling all the time to move a truck around and that just makes the injection dump fuel. I suspect the V8 will be more consistent. I also think the new truck will be more to your expectations...at least I hope so. You got a 'bad' seed with the old one.
Keep us updated and best of luck.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-23-2011, 01:57 PM
TheWhiteBeast
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what I have read of this I don't see where there was actually anything wrong with the motor...

Old 11-23-2011, 03:10 PM
flixden
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS
What do your issues have to do with the Ecoboost? It sounded to me like the issues were not related to the engine at all. That's almost like saying it happened because it was a Lariat, XLT, or whatever. Or did I miss the part where the engine was at fault?
I thought you said in some other posts that the dealer was getting 17mpg city / 21mpg highway after returning everything to stock?

Old 11-23-2011, 05:44 PM
meborder
Received 365 Likes on 260 Posts
Originally Posted by flixden
What do your issues have to do with the Ecoboost? It sounded to me like the issues were not related to the engine at all. That's almost like saying it happened because it was a Lariat, XLT, or whatever. Or did I miss the part where the engine was at fault?
I thought you said in some other posts that the dealer was getting 17mpg city / 21mpg highway after returning everything to stock?
after what this man has been thru, we're lucky we havn't created a chevy fan ... or worse yet ... dodge ...

people are people ... ask me why i dont like firestone. as my friend why he hates michelin ... same reason, got burned once and aint goin back for nothin ....

Old 11-23-2011, 06:03 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Good luck with the new truck, Ed. It sounds like the dealer is treating you OK in compensation for the headaches you've had. I hope your new truck is a great vehicle for you. Sadly, even the best-made vehicles occasionally have problems and it sounds like your EcoBoost was just an unlucky one.

George

Old 11-23-2011, 06:40 PM
TheWhiteBeast
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would own a dodge a long time before I owned a cheby.

Quick Reply: Here we go.....again