Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Senior User
1991 Ford F-150

brcrk is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation Moderators Please Read

I am having trouble with my email. I have "instant email notification" turned on in the "user CP" panel but for the last 3 days I havent received the first email? Is there something wrong on your side that you know of? I know my email address is right and working. Is this something you could check out?

Many Thanks

Tim
91' F150 4x4 "Nite" w/351w, 5 Speed, 5" Lift, 35" BFG's

"Larger Images"
Old 11-09-2011, 09:34 AM
WV Chapter LDR
1996 Fleetwood Wilderness
My Garage

Archion has a brilliant futureArchion has a brilliant futureArchion has a brilliant futureArchion has a brilliant futureArchion has a brilliant futureArchion has a brilliant futureArchion has a brilliant futureArchion has a brilliant futureArchion has a brilliant futureArchion has a brilliant futureArchion has a brilliant future
Archion.Uberpimp PartsGuyMatt mvose OVC Archion
You should probably have put this down in site issues... They have a trouble ticket system in place.
Carlisle - 2013 Mid-Atlantic Meet - Pic Thread >>CLICK ME<<
Old 11-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator
Garage is empty, add now

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Moved for you Tim.

No to answer your question, I have not had any problems receiving email notices from FTE recently nor have we received and reports from users.

I did however have the problem you described, about two weeks ago. The issue was that because of the way FTE sends out the notices, my ISP, Comcast, had BLOCKED everything coming from FTE.

The problem was resolved when I contacted Comcast and asked that the block be removed.

Can you do this with your internet service provider and report back to us?

I AM TOTALLY EXHAUSTIPATED!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Senior User
1991 Ford F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by glruff View Post
Moved for you Tim.

No to answer your question, I have not had any problems receiving email notices from FTE recently nor have we received and reports from users.

I did however have the problem you described, about two weeks ago. The issue was that because of the way FTE sends out the notices, my ISP, Comcast, had BLOCKED everything coming from FTE.

The problem was resolved when I contacted Comcast and asked that the block be removed.

Can you do this with your internet service provider and report back to us?
Sure!!

What exactly should I ask? "Is there a block on Ford Truck Enthusiasts website"? Something like that?

Thanks

Tim

"Larger Images"
Old 11-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Senior User
1991 Ford F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archion View Post
You should probably have put this down in site issues... They have a trouble ticket system in place.
Sorry bout that Matt, didnt know where to put it

"Larger Images"
Old 11-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator
Garage is empty, add now

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by brcrk View Post
Sure!!

What exactly should I ask? "Is there a block on Ford Truck Enthusiasts website"? Something like that?

Thanks

Tim
Yes that should be your question. FYI the emails are sent by "info@ford-trucks.com"

If you need to provide the ip address of the email server, I will have to get that when I get home.

Ok I came home to look for the ip address of the mail server. This is the address Comcast had blocked: 98.158.195.146

Be sure to mention it when you speak to your ISP.

I AM TOTALLY EXHAUSTIPATED!

Last edited by glruff; 11-09-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

slowmans is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.slowmans is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I can't send or receive PM's....I have sent in 2 tickets and gotten no response, if I go int user cp I have no options for PM's at all......I posted a new thread asking for help in the 6.4 section and its now gone? It appears that something FISHY is going on? WTF?
Old 11-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Site Administrator
1989 Swift DB4

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
YOU have gotten a response.... don't jump into other threads to try and strew things.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...l#post11072258
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....

Last edited by IB Tim; 11-25-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

slowmans is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.slowmans is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB Tim View Post
YOU have gotten a response.... don't jump into other threads to try and strew things.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...l#post11072258
I was simply trying to reach out to someone to find out why.....I read your link and I SERIOUSLY don't understand it was extremely vague?
Old 11-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Site Administrator
1989 Swift DB4

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Shawn when it happened you where completely informed....
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 11-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Closed Thread

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements

Tags
150, 1986, 1999, 4x4, dodge, edition, f150, ford, fx4, lifted, nice, nite, sport, topper, truck