1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

hello newbie here

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 01:11 AM
crazy horse 69 f100
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hello newbie here

hey everyone new guy here. I own a 69 f100 swb it has a 302 & 3 on the tree right now, but I am getting ready to put in a mildly built 351w. the truck still needs a little work, but I traded a 95 mustang gt vert for it. I still have a 97 mustang gt for my beater, but my truck is my baby. I am running sort of the old school look, wide steel wheels on back & skinny's on front. need to get my heater straightened out & power issue to my gauges, but other than that just the engine swap, but will have to have help with that being a disabled veteran I just can't do the old engine swap by myself anymore, but otherwise the old truck looks pretty good. I just wanted to say hello & glad I found a truck site & other old fords I like all the older fords & wish I had a new truck. anyway take care.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:33 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
First off, welcome to FTE, I know you will enjoy it here. Second, thank you for your service! I like the 67-72 Ford trucks the best, and can't wait to get my '70. About the only thing I don't plan on doing to it is a engine swap. I will try to do as much of the work on mine as I can, but I too am currently disabled (not while serving, this happened recently) so I know there will be some things I will have to pay someone to do for me.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:35 PM
rheinFekder
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2" ball

when adding a leaf - what is the best spring to use from a used OEM spring pack - longest I think ?

Old 11-15-2011, 08:14 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 851 Likes on 769 Posts
Welcome crazy horse. Thank you for your service. My son had a 69 SWB 360 3 on the tree. Hope to finish a 70 some day.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I would think longest, but not 100% sure.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:38 PM
crazy horse 69 f100
Freshman User
thanks guy's , sorry been kinda busy lately, hey nighteyzes, man hope I got that right. I am also disabled from work also, so I know how you feel. can I ask you this? isn't it funny when other people want something from you they are right there, but if you need a little help, it,s always cash, or something? anyway I also have an 86 4x4, which the 351w is coming out of, but since it's getting cold I am just going to drive the 302 for now, it runs fine, has 4v heads & a 351w r.v. cam in it. I really hate to pull the 351 out of my 4x4, it only has 61k miles on it. I only needed to put exhaust on the headers & weld my exo cage on it, plus put my 4 inch lift springs on the front & the 3 inch lift kit on the rear, but all of a sudden my help disappeared, so after I had to put the radiator out of it in my 69, well I want to put the 351w in too, it was just rebuilt, mildly modded, but it is a hoss. I hate to sell my 302, but when you can't work those monthly checks just don't go far. anyway got my heater core, the gasket kit & everything for it too, plus ordered my new ABS headliner for it, at least I still have my chrome trim, just got to finish getting a few small rust spots of a couple of pieces. ok take care guys I think I will like it here I need all the tech help I can get.
regards marty

Old 11-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Well, hopefully, my wheelchair days will not be long. I am making progress, and hope to get back out it and into the hobby I enjoy. Haven't owned a vehicle in a couple of years, so no problems with people leaving me high and dry. When I get the settlement and buy the F-100 I'll see how much help I get or don't get.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:56 AM
elgemcdlf
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by crazy horse 69 f100
...isn't it funny when other people want something from you they are right there, but if you need a little help, it,s always cash, or something?...
Has nothing to do with being disabled. Just the way people have become. Maybe it has to do with age. When I was young there wasn't really any problem. Everybody seems to be "busy" nowadays.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:30 AM
crazy horse 69 f100
Freshman User
Originally Posted by elgemcdlf
Has nothing to do with being disabled. Just the way people have become. Maybe it has to do with age. When I was young there wasn't really any problem. Everybody seems to be "busy" nowadays.
yes sir I think you are right. I guess since I'm old myself - 53- well I was just raised different, if you gave a person your word, then that was like a signed paper, but now I just don't understand it, but you are right. nighteyez I hope you heal up soon, best of luck to you, me I'm stuck this way forever, it's even the reason I had to give up on my 4x4. I can't go bouncing around in the mountains like I used to, but thats life have to just move along.
marty

Old 11-21-2011, 05:35 AM
elgemcdlf
Posting Guru
yes sir I think you are right. I guess since I'm old myself - 53- well I was just raised different, if you gave a person your word, then that was like a signed paper, but now I just don't understand it, but you are right. nighteyez I hope you heal up soon, best of luck to you, me I'm stuck this way forever, it's even the reason I had to give up on my 4x4. I can't go bouncing around in the mountains like I used to, but thats life have to just move along.
marty
I had a defibulator put in back in March. Part of that means I can't be around welding any more. I am fortunate as I have a friend who owns a shop and does that type of work for me. I do have to pay him but he is good to me on the bill. Seems like the more I get finished on my truck the more he is into it and the "nicer" he is. I don't mind paying for things like that. You can't fire up a welder for free, lights for the shop, etc. He also keeps my truck inside whenever he has it including days. I just can't be an a@@ about how long it takes because along with it goes my truck is not priority.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

That is cool that you have a friend who does the welding for you. That is one thing I want to learn before I leave this planet.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:32 AM
elgemcdlf
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
That is cool that you have a friend who does the welding for you. That is one thing I want to learn before I leave this planet.
Knowledge wise I can Mig, Arc and Oxy/Acetelene but with the implant I can't be around electric type welding. Luckily I don't have that much more of that to do. Once the engine is in I think I can handle it from there as the body I can do with gas.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:14 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal

Welcome to FTE, Best Damn Forum EVER!
------------------------
Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.
If, Ya need any help, Don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dan

You can also go to the "Garage" tab and start an album right here on FTE. After you post pictures to an album, we can look in your album, but you'll also be able to "insert a picture" by pasting in a link to the picture in your album.

It seems awkward, but whenever you "insert a picture" to one of these threads, the forum is looking for the picture somewhere on the web (which is always available) rather than from somewhere on your hard drive (which isn't always available).

Old 11-24-2011, 03:35 AM
crazy horse 69 f100
Freshman User
Originally Posted by arctic y block
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal

Welcome to FTE, Best Damn Forum EVER!
------------------------
Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.
If, Ya need any help, Don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dan

You can also go to the "Garage" tab and start an album right here on FTE. After you post pictures to an album, we can look in your album, but you'll also be able to "insert a picture" by pasting in a link to the picture in your album.

It seems awkward, but whenever you "insert a picture" to one of these threads, the forum is looking for the picture somewhere on the web (which is always available) rather than from somewhere on your hard drive (which isn't always available).
thanks for the info, my problem is the wife threw away the hook up for the digi camera & so I can't put any pic's on my computer, but my priority is my truck right now. I guess it's my last project . btw for you welders I used to do it all, mig, tig, stick & even weld old exhaust manifolds with a oxy - acetelyne torch & a coat hanger, but the new coat hangers have something added to the metal & they don't work anymore, but that was in the navy, which I was in before the army, well happy thanks giving every body

Old 11-24-2011, 06:20 AM
elgemcdlf
Posting Guru
thanks for the info, my problem is the wife threw away the hook up for the digi camera & so I can't put any pic's on my computer, but my priority is my truck right now. I guess it's my last project . btw for you welders I used to do it all, mig, tig, stick & even weld old exhaust manifolds with a oxy - acetelyne torch & a coat hanger, but the new coat hangers have something added to the metal & they don't work anymore, but that was in the navy, which I was in before the army, well happy thanks giving every body
Where are you getting metal hangers? All I can find are plastic. You know they have this new invention called welding rod.

Quick Reply: hello newbie here