Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2011, 06:50 AM
New User

Blinke9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question 2006 6.0 Glow Plug wiring diagram

Good morning. Did a ton of reading on the glow plug system yesterday and did the OHM check last night. The wire colors on the diagrams I saw posted didn't match the wire colors on my truck. I disconnected the 4 pin plug right behing the alternator and got infinity on the red wire leading to the right bank glow plug harness. I have code P0637 and I want to correlate the red wire to the #3 glow plug circuit. Can anyone confirm that I'm on the right cylinder? Thanks for the help. All other pins on that plug read around 2.3 Ohms so i think I'm pretty close.

2006 F-350 6.0 Powerstroke
Old 11-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Moved to the 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel forum.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:53 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinke9 View Post
Good morning. Did a ton of reading on the glow plug system yesterday and did the OHM check last night. The wire colors on the diagrams I saw posted didn't match the wire colors on my truck. I disconnected the 4 pin plug right behing the alternator and got infinity on the red wire leading to the right bank glow plug harness. I have code P0637 and I want to correlate the red wire to the #3 glow plug circuit. Can anyone confirm that I'm on the right cylinder? Thanks for the help. All other pins on that plug read around 2.3 Ohms so i think I'm pretty close.

2006 F-350 6.0 Powerstroke
Hopefully you meant P0673, which is glow plug #3. Because P0637 is something completey different.

P0673 should be plug #3, which is second from the front, passenger side.

My schematic shows the wire color from the GPCM to the plug #3 to be Red/Lt Grn.

Is it possible the Red wire you checked had a Lt Grn stripe that you could not see?

Plug #8 is the solid Red wire.

The GPCM also has a Red wire that is from the ignition.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 11-08-2011, 05:53 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2006, 60, change, dia, diagram, diagramformotor60ford, diesel, duty, f350, ford, glow, plug, plugs, super, wiring