Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Elder User

cbzdel is starting off with a positive reputation.
How To Change Dome Light Bulb?

I just dont see how it opens, and I tried to pry on the lens with a screwdriver and it feel just like it goes to break! How in the world do you get the lens off? I tried to do a search and I got 17 pages of "my dome light wont shut off" haha

This is the style that I have: (image found on google)
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Posting Guru

PA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputationPA-Mark has a superb reputation
HAHAHAHA! How many FTE members does it take to change a lightbulb?

But seriously, I went through this same thing reciently, just keep prying lil by lil. I cant remember excactly how to do it, but my whole light, housing and all came down. just look around at the tabs, prying lil by lil. It was the most complicated dome light change I have ever encountered
Old 11-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Elder User

Rongold is starting off with a positive reputation.
BULB CHANGE

Just pry gently at the notches in the bottom of your picture---It should pop right off.

RON
Old 11-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Senior User

dabaws is starting off with a positive reputation.
pay a mechanic 100 dollars and they'll do it in 15 minutes, and then they'll tell you have bad wiring but seriously dont be afraid to pry it, itll come right off.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:52 AM
You'll shoot your eye out

TXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputation
Okay, I know this is an old thread but the picture is gone so I can't "see" how to do it. Let me see if I have this correct. I should be able to see tabs on the housing? The whole housing comes off to change the bulbs? Thanks guys.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:52 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
1997, 2010, bulb, change, dome, domelight, f250, f350, f450, ford, howtochangedomelightbulbs2008f250, light, lightning, ranger, tabs, trucks