Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Elder User

f-trucker88 has a great reputation on FTE.f-trucker88 has a great reputation on FTE.f-trucker88 has a great reputation on FTE.f-trucker88 has a great reputation on FTE.
3g alternator help?

so i picked up a 3g alt at crazy rays in baltimore last week and i want to have it on before i start pushing snow i have almost everything i need but i cant figure out how to reclock this thing to save my life every forum thread ive read says something different. anyone have any insight or is in the baltimore area i could swing by this week help a friend out?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
HI! Keep checking back here....Charlie (Chapter Leader/ DustyBumpers) I believe would be able to help you. He's outside working on one of his trucks now, but he'll be by shortly to check in. I'm sure he'll leave you some info.... I think he just did this same thing in one of his trucks.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 11-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Elder User

f-trucker88 has a great reputation on FTE.f-trucker88 has a great reputation on FTE.f-trucker88 has a great reputation on FTE.f-trucker88 has a great reputation on FTE.
excelent!!! thanks bud!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Clock is easy.

Pull off the pully.
turn it over, remove the 3 screws
turn the back to where you want it. If it dont turn, you have to pry in the center to loosen it, don't let it open more than 1/4", or you will have to re--set the burshes.

Put the 3 screws back in

put the pully back on.

use an impact to remove the pully. Hold the pully in a leather glove, and impact the bolt

If you want me to do it, bring it on by.

I fooled around with pully size, and found the smallest works best for me. That 3G upgrade, and the electric fans is the best upgrades EVER for my old truck
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67nukeford View Post
Rob would probably hurt himself just being in the same room with tools.....LOL
Old 11-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Elder User

now that is deffinately the explenation i like i can do that!!!! now whats this about pulley size? should i change it i figured using the pulley off the old alternator would be the necesary thing to do any how? i may be wrong. electric fans are deff next though as it is a plow truck!! thanks charlie!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Smaller pully, better charge.... Small =faster. Let me know when your ready for the fans, I have a bunch of pictures
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Old 11-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Elder User

hmmm smaller could work idk we shall see. and fans are probly gonna be done after winter maybe. idk but if its convenient ill take the pics now
Old 11-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Brain dead

let me know when your ready, I may just post a build thread .
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Elder User

ok kool the thread would be great i would deffinately apreciate the ideas im just on a nice and tight budget.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Brain dead

I know the feeling. Where do you call home?
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-06-2011, 07:45 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
Smaller pully, better charge.... Small =faster. Let me know when your ready for the fans, I have a bunch of pictures
Hmmmmm, I wonder where you got this info from?????

lol.
Official #2 Slackmaster & Pyroslacker Extraordinaire

To Join The NEW YORK CHAPTER CLICK HERE

7th Annual FTE Mid Atlantic Meet/ATNs at Carlisle, PA Information
Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Brain dead

From fooling with my truck. I went through 5 pulleys until I got it where I'm happy with it.

Thinking bac, I seem to remember some interjection from your camp too, lol
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
I know the feeling. Where do you call home?
haha funny u say home i am currently living in baltimore. i work at apple ford in columbia its alot of highway driving for me in the big brown rust bucket but i make it everyday. so im not sure where i would want my pulley size but i also would want to maintain a fair amount of power at idle and low rpm due to being a plow truck, and the fact that i just scored a york ac compressor today from crazy rays in mt airy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfox10 View Post
two things I always carry. Tow strap and jumper cables. The tow stap is to help other people. The jumper cables are so they can help me.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Brain dead

I see you got the sig figured out. way to go. What year is your truck?
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Elder User

yea thanks i got it then saw ure post about it i was like oh ok lol.. and its a 88/89/ everything lmao its registered 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfox10 View Post
two things I always carry. Tow strap and jumper cables. The tow stap is to help other people. The jumper cables are so they can help me.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter

Tags
3g, alternator, clock, clocking, indicator, light