1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First report on my peragon bed cover

Old 11-05-2011, 11:18 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,215 Likes on 798 Posts
First report on my peragon bed cover

Ok, it's been about six weeks since I received my cover. I've never had a flat cover on a truck and didn't quite know how I would like it. I've had fiberglass toppers on a couple of different trucks but they were both short lived as I really like an open bed better, till now.

As stated previously in my posts, this an aluminum cover that folds like an accordion inside the bed. When folded, it consumes about 5 inches of bed space.

The cover and it's hardware are now fully seated and everything operates smoothly and easily. I've had occasion to lock valuables in the bed and never gave them a second thought.

I've hauled numerous items with the cover in it's stowed (folded) position and have never been happier.

The cover is not 100% waterproof. It will leak especially when driving. There is some vibration in the cover with the truck cruising at highway speeds. This is to be expected.

The cover lock is easy to operate and has a neoprene rubber cover. The front seal and the tail gate seal do a pretty good job. A friend of mine has flat fiberglass cover that is 100% water tight but the trade off is the $1000 price tag and the limited accessibility.

All in all, I'm very happy with my cover. I'm very pleased with how it makes my truck look and I especially love the added security and utilitarian use that I can get from my truck bed. If I had to haul something that was sensitive to the tiny amount of moisture that gets in my bed, I'd store those items in a plastic tote.

Peragon Retractable Aluminum Truck Bed Cover - Premium Design. Affordable Price..

Heath Copp has made a nice offer to the FTE family until 11/27/11.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Powerstroke_wannabe
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice report. I had a Peragon cover for about 4 years. After a couple years it didn't want to slide open without one person on each side pushing it back to the retracted position. I don't know if it just needed a little adjustment as I never took the time to troubleshoot it. After four years one of the cover sections experienced a failure of a hinge point (aluminum ear of cover section completely cracked through). When I looked closely at the other sections, I noted two other hinge points that had cracks and were on their way to failing as well. I replaced it with a Retrax cover. So far so good after a year.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Powerstroke_wannabe
Nice report. I had a Peragon cover for about 4 years. After a couple years it didn't want to slide open without one person on each side pushing it back to the retracted position. I don't know if it just needed a little adjustment as I never took the time to troubleshoot it. After four years one of the cover sections experienced a failure of a hinge point (aluminum ear of cover section completely cracked through). When I looked closely at the other sections, I noted two other hinge points that had cracks and were on their way to failing as well. I replaced it with a Retrax cover. So far so good after a year.
Hi Frank -

I'm sorry to hear your experience with our Peragon cover wasn't what it should have been. As I've posted elsewhere on this forum, we've made significant design improvements over the past few years and I think you'd be impressed with what we're shipping today. If you're ever in the market for a new bed cover, please keep us in mind. We'll make you an offer you can't refuse on a future order. Just PM me at that time or reference this post when talking to our team and we'll take very good care of you. I'd like to earn you back as a customer. I suspect what happened to your previous cover is the extra stress caused by the stiff operation eventually caused the joints to fail. Some troubleshooting back then would probably have helped prevent that outcome, but ultimately it still shouldn't have happened and for that I apologize. Our new generation has a joint design that is quite a bit more robust - among many other changes.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Powerstroke_wannabe
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the response Heath. I wasn't trying to trash your product. Just relaying my experience. I do realize that had I taken proactive action to address the situation, the cover may have lasted a lot longer. It did last four years and I wasn't disappointed in that respect. Anyway, thanks for the personal response and the offer. I might just take you up on it.