Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2011, 06:03 PM
New User

mermaid713 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Attaching Front License Plate

Any suggestions for mounting the front license plate on a 2008 Ford Expedition? There are 3 holes showing, but they are backed with by a solid metal plate. Do I drill or can anyone suggest a bracket/mount that will work.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:51 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
swing by your dealership or eBay. Ford uses a plastic mounting plate on the Expy.

see the pic of mine below
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Freshman User

fstaslp is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had the same problem, I tapped into my steel bumper.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:19 PM
New User

makajack is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am sure by now you have figured out a solution to this problem but it took me two days to give up on trying to do it the correct way and just did it my way. My way will probably work just as good if not better.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:39 AM
Posting Guru

maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.maverick1701 has a good reputation on FTE.
Citizen GaKar
zip tied to the ranch hand grill guard
1968 M35A2 Kaiser Jeep 6x6
2012 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4 SSV (S.O. Patrol Vehicle)
M998 HMMWV (S.O. SAR vehicle)
Old 02-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Freshman User

TFWcustoms is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've never heard of anyone purposely trying to drill their bumper for the front plate! I would rock with out it, its sooo much nicer and classier looking in my opinion
Old 02-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Elder User

sgthawkusmc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFWcustoms View Post
I've never heard of anyone purposely trying to drill their bumper for the front plate! I would rock with out it, its sooo much nicer and classier looking in my opinion
You won't be able to get an inspection sticker in states like Mass without it. I'd rather have left it off... Pilot hole through the bumper cover and steel behind it, then self tapping screws were the easiest and most secure way of installing it for me. I bought my Ex in Michigan where no front plate is required. The dealership gave me the plate bracket, but I had to install it when I got home. Old thread...
'05 F350 SC 6.0 PSD, Fisher MM2, 2.5" Leveling Lift, harpooned tank (Sorely missed...)
Old 02-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Avid Winter Hater

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFWcustoms View Post
Knock yourself out. Just one more thing to draw attention that may or may not be wanted.
Hope & A Prayer Motorsports
Old 02-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yeah, it's an easy excuse to pull you over in states that require it. Get the mounting bracket at the dealer.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Senior User

Big is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've searched the forum but can't find this answer: what are the fasteners that hold on the front license plate bracket? They appear to be rivets but I'm not sure.
We don't need a front license plate in Indiana so I'd like to remove it. I know there will be holes in the front 'bumper'. I'll look at having them filled and painted. We just got the truck and there is another decent scuff on the bumper that really could stand to be painted.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:31 PM
New User

rick chi-town-2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big View Post
I've searched the forum but can't find this answer: what are the fasteners that hold on the front license plate bracket? They appear to be rivets but I'm not sure.
We don't need a front license plate in Indiana so I'd like to remove it. I know there will be holes in the front 'bumper'. I'll look at having them filled and painted. We just got the truck and there is another decent scuff on the bumper that really could stand to be painted.
rivets, yes... and just absolutely goofy, no less. Hey Ford, your basic, good old-fashioned screws would've sufficed to hold the bracket on. Then, should the customer not want the bracket, its easily removed.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:07 PM
Elder User

montecarlo31 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big View Post
they actually make plugs that you can use to fill those and are almost un noticeable. I was thinking about filling mine however I need the mount to hold my toll tag since they don't seem to like tinted windows.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Senior User

Big is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick chi-town-2 View Post
rivets, yes... and just absolutely goofy, no less. Hey Ford, your basic, good old-fashioned screws would've sufficed to hold the bracket on. Then, should the customer not want the bracket, its easily removed.
So I can just drill them out. Ok.

Quote:
they actually make plugs that you can use to fill those and are almost un noticeable. I was thinking about filling mine however I need the mount to hold my toll tag since they don't seem to like tinted windows.
Cool. Dealer have those I assume. I'll call my buddy from HS that works in parts.

Big
Old 07-11-2014, 12:26 PM