Vehicles for SaleAll vehicles (Ford Truck or otherwise) for sale here
Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.
You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!
Due to some health issues and relocation I'm selling my F-150 project build.
· 1979 F-150, shortbed, 6” lift, 400/C6/NP205 factory air. Never wrecked, body and frame numbers match, original axles. Clear title, purchased in 2001.
· Everything down to the a/c worked when I took the truck apart.
· 400ci engine, rebuilt when I bought the truck. I took it down to a shortblock to change out all the gaskets and planned to change out the cam and valve springs/rockers, engine had no mechanical issues at all, ran great, no oil usage or burning. It has a Milodon 7qt pan and correct oil pump/pickup.
· C6, I rebuilt it a few years ago. I was planning to go thru it again even though it works fine, have a complete rebuild kit for it.
· NP205 transfer case, works fine, I have new seals for it.
· Frame is painted and done, new fuel tank, front end is installed, geometry is correct for 6” lift.
· Front D44 completely re-done.
· Rear axle is roller Ford 9, I was planning to install newer axle with disc brakes, any make as long as ratio is 3.50 or 3.55 to match front axle.
· Look at the pics, there is small patch of rust on the doors, also above the passenger side bed wheelwell but other than that, solid. Underside looks great. I had bought some replacement partial body panels but the rust is not enough that I needed to use them. Included though.
· Rear left post of bed has a broken weld where it meets the body, previous owner screwed up the welding, minor repair needed.
· I’ve got some of the body parts stripped (blasted) and in PPG primer. Used Black Diamond extra fine media and I did not hammer down on the sheet metal to clean it up.
· Have a bunch of parts bought and sitting on shelves, also some original parts painted and stored. In most cases these are new parts but I’ve also got some ebay parts for spares, such as gauge console, ac ducts, ac control panel, etc.
· Original dash pad was black and cracked, I have a brown pad in excellent shape that was going to be dyed to match interior upholstery.
· Was planning to re-wire it, the wiring is original and I would not re-use it.
· Nothing was torn up to remove, everything bagged and tagged, including nuts and bolts.
· Cab is on a home-made roller, adjustable vertically. Not pretty but it works, included with the truck.
· Cab has a 1” hole in the roof where previous owner had an antenna installed (go figure) that needs a metal patch/filler.
· Glass is all intact but I was going to replace the rear slider window. Side glass has old window tint, I was going to replace it with new glass and new brackets that attach to glass and window regulators.
· Bed is on pipe stands with casters, they are included with the truck.
· Any assorted paint, filler, etc that I was using or bought to use is included.
· Frame and other black parts were stripped and painted with Rust Bullet, topcoated with RB Blackshell. Blue parts were stripped, painted with Rust Bullet, topcoated with Eastwood ceramic engine paint, dark Ford blue.
This is what it looked like all together a few years ago. Rims got some surface rust and I added a light bar to the front and some Carr steps but other than that, nothing changed. Current tires are worn out due to poor front end geometry of lift, that has been corrected. Paint was cheap enamel job, looked ok at a distance. I also have one of those chrome bed-mount light bars, rusty, but could be painted black. I never liked them and will include.
Obviously it's all apart right now but I wanted to show that this was not a ragged out vehicle prior to teardown.
You can go to www.picturetrail.com and type in member yellowmudtruck to see the F-150 albums and all pics.
Bump on this, I've had it in storage and I don't really see that I will get to finishing it for quite a while.
If you are interested, make an offer. I can't say I would give this away but maybe there's a middle ground in there somewhere, thanks.
__________________ 79 F150 4x4 shortbed 400/C6/NP205 FOR SALE
57 Chevy 2dr hdtp 454/400/F9
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.