Radio cuts Out - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
 

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics
Log In 


Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics SPONSORED BY:

Radio cuts Out

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-03-2011, 03:24 PM
whiteisright whiteisright is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 182
whiteisright is starting off with a positive reputation.
Radio cuts Out

Just installed a new jvc kd-s48 stereo and it cuts out for a half a second every couple seconds. Kind of like a scratched cd but it's with the tuner and mp3. The sound "stumbles" and then it very quickly raises back up. it sort of seems like if I wiggle the wires in the back it'll stop. I will check all connections, I use female and male spade connectors and then shrink wrap over each connection. Any ideas? Could it be a faulty deck?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-03-2011, 07:18 PM
whiteisright whiteisright is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 182
whiteisright is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok after more driving I found that the volume gets quieter and it stumbles when I accelerate or rev. If I'm sitting at a stop then it's fine. Is this a ground problem? I have constant 12v yellow wire wrapped around a fuse in the fuse box for the time being, I think this could be the problem?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-07-2011, 09:23 PM
boulderguy boulderguy is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 189
boulderguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
This could be any number of things most likely related to the install wiring. the B+ constant sounds like trouble waiting to happen but shouldn't cause this, it's mostly for memory. The switched 12v+ is the real power.

I suggest getting a dedicated Scosche harness for your vehicle & rewire the deck permanantly to it, then just plugging into the existing harness.

Stuff like this happens all the time with diy installs & usually clears up when the wiring is cleaned up.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-2011, 09:19 AM
whiteisright whiteisright is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 182
whiteisright is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't think there is an existing plug in the harness for a radio connection. But if there is then it's been cut out for a loooong time.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-2011, 09:20 AM
whiteisright whiteisright is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 182
whiteisright is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oh forgot to mention it's in a 1973 f250
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-08-2011, 11:27 AM
boulderguy boulderguy is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 189
boulderguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ooooh...they probably hadn't invented constant 12v+ back then ...

Still, start with a multimeter on your power, constant & ground while the radio is running loud & compare to readings at the battery. This load test will tell you where the voltage difference is.

Basically what's happening is the higher voltage when you rev somehow is offset at the deck. 90% chance it's the power/ground, 10% chance the deck is faulty.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:27 AM
 
 
 
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
water in antenna rusting out connection, anyone? willy j Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics 2 10-06-2013 07:22 AM
Weird problem. Cant figure it out. ATS 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 6 07-26-2013 11:55 PM
89 f150 turns over but wont fire up Jesse Arthur 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 2 01-27-2013 12:45 AM
TECH question 1996 F250 5.8 (fuel delivery) atvrep1 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 18 04-02-2011 08:49 PM
Heater core tips/new problem 93 mix 'n match 1997 - 2003 F150 1 01-18-2011 01:28 PM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics

Tags
cuts, cutting, duty, expedition, f250, ford, installing, jvc, kd, kds48, problems, radio, review, s48, satellite, super

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup