? about a campground

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 04:02 PM
danorules
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
? about a campground

Hi neighbors!

i need a little help. i was recently searching campgrounds and came across this one;Flat Rock Bridge Family Resort - Lebanon, Maine , and it looks pretty fun. anyone have any experience with the place? i have been fooled by website adds before, sometimes the photos are very old, or not showing the local landfill next door, etc... any insight would me greatly appreciated

Old 05-13-2012, 09:43 AM
ToMang07
Logistics Pro
Received 614 Likes on 382 Posts
Never been down there.... I go the other way...up by the Canadian boarder when I go camping!

Old 05-16-2012, 04:31 PM
mrdesanctis
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never been there but can give you some good spots if you can answer some questions for me. Do you want to rent a cabin or do you have a tent/ camper? do you have kids if so what age? and do you want to go camping in the middle of the maine woods or something a bit more populated?

Old 05-16-2012, 05:57 PM
danorules
Postmaster
I've got a pop up, a wife, and a 14 year old daughter and her friend.
We require swimming, shower and toilet, and some water for canoeing.

My wife is having knee surgery soon, so her and I will probably stay in the campground. That being said, the girls will need to be entertained within the confines of the campground.

That is this year, if you have recommendations that don't meet my criteria I would still love to hear them. The suggestions may be used next year when she is healthy. Or later this year, with my beer buddies

Thanks for any info you can lend

Old 05-16-2012, 06:24 PM
mrdesanctis
Senior User
for this trip I would recommend beaver brook campground Beaver Brook Campground this is a place I went to with my girlfriend and some of her friends. it was a lot of fun. The next is lake pemaquid campground Lake Pemaquid Campground Recreation this place I went to every summer from the time I was 7 or 8 until I was 16. My mom sister and me would pack up and stay here for a week. We met lots of new friends swam a lot and they have concerts every once in a while. the music wasn't always all that good but it was a good social gathering. I would have to have this as my first pick!

for a different trip, leave the pop up and any pets at home. This would be a good beer buddy trip or maybe a romantic get away. ( I don't know how beer buddy, and romantic get away can go together but oh well haha) I would highly recommend that you visit Tomheagan Camps! Tomhegan Wilderness Camps | Cabin Rentals Moosehead Lake, Maine | Rockwood Maine Cabins | Cabin Rentals Moosehead Lake, Maine | Summer Cabins - Winter Cabins We used to own a camp up there, since we sold it the place has changed a little but as long as your not part of the politics of the place it is very enjoyable. you can feed deer out of your hand (they are wild deer no fence) feed chipmunks out of your hand, feed ducks and geese ( I don't recommend trying to feed geese out of your hand, they get less friendly the closer you get) If you ever do decide to go I can talk to norman the manager and set up a moose cruse if your interested. The fishing is awesome and if you, or the wife want to do some shopping greenville which is a 30 min drive has lots of gift shops and good places to eat.

I would even be willing to go up myself if you would like a personal guide of the area. If you have any other questions let me know.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:26 PM
mrdesanctis
Senior User
here is some pictures of me and my old camp. The board walk is no longer there

Old 05-16-2012, 07:05 PM
danorules
Postmaster
Thanks Antonio!
All of those places look great. I have saved them all to my favorites so I don't forget them.

Also, the pics of you feeding the deer are great. They will be a good selling point for my wife and daughter if I try to there

Old 05-16-2012, 07:17 PM
mrdesanctis
Senior User
yeah no problem and like I said I'm more than willing to go up for a day or even a weekend and give you a tour of the area if you decide to go to Tomheagan.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:17 PM
mrdesanctis
Senior User
oh and by the way I like your truck