Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Junior User

trucktech is starting off with a positive reputation.
driver side window goes up and down slow

my driver window goes up and down really slow and the other moring had to stop and help it all the way up. Is this the window regulator? or motor?
thanks btw it is a 2000 v10 limited 4x4
Old 11-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Posting Guru

njneer1 is a name known to allnjneer1 is a name known to allnjneer1 is a name known to allnjneer1 is a name known to allnjneer1 is a name known to allnjneer1 is a name known to all
It may just need the tracks lubed up
Old 11-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Senior User

jayc3169 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njneer1 View Post
It may just need the tracks lubed up
That's what she said!

Ok, I'm sorry, I'm done. LOL
351M modifying to a 408M w/Aussie Heads
Old 11-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Freshman User

tylerhughes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Same thing happened to my passenger window when I first bought the truck. Sometimes it wouldnt respond to the switch at all.....I just swapped the motor out with the drivers side rear door since the passenger window gets used more. Lubed up all the tracks but that same motor still has problems with going slow/not working sometimes

Old 11-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Senior User

dosecobanya has much to be proud ofdosecobanya has much to be proud ofdosecobanya has much to be proud ofdosecobanya has much to be proud ofdosecobanya has much to be proud ofdosecobanya has much to be proud ofdosecobanya has much to be proud ofdosecobanya has much to be proud ofdosecobanya has much to be proud of
I had the same thing, hit them all with a silicone lube(less mess) and now no problem, but do them all at once. Use the staw, put it in the corner of the track with the window down and spray for about 10 sec. Hope it's that simple for ya.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Elder User

Skinsfan6 has a very good reputation on FTE.Skinsfan6 has a very good reputation on FTE.Skinsfan6 has a very good reputation on FTE.Skinsfan6 has a very good reputation on FTE.
My driver's side does this also. I changed the motor and it helped none. Returned the motor, lubed the hell out of the felt window tracks with silicone spray. It helped for a day or two until it wore off. I believe the problem lies in the felt having worn off the window tracks on the inside where the edge of the glass rides. I think only a longer lasting lube or new window track will fix it. It really pisses me off.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:33 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
2005f150windowgoesupslow, 2008, driver, drivers, driversidewindowgoesupanddownveryslow, expedition, explorer, f150, f250, ford, side, slow, slowly, window, windows