Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Member sugestions for Md Chapter

I'm looking for sugestions for The Maryland Chapter to become a better place for all who visit, and are members here.

What would it take to see more participation?

I'm going to have it put up as a sticky, so that we can access it without looking for it.

Let's keep it serious, a bit of fun is ok, but we're really looking for tips to improve. Everyone is welcome to post, Md member or not.

Ok, let's get started

How about some How-to workshops at some one's home or garage once in a while. We could do some projects or mods on member's trucks. maybe even some light maintenance items. There is a lot of talent and knowledge here, let's take advantage of it
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67nukeford View Post
Rob would probably hurt himself just being in the same room with tools.....LOL
Old 01-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Senior User

MD05 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Charlie,

Been workin on my 450 for a while now, last I participated I made several suggestions on meetings, places , ideas and events but nothing really came of it.

Some ideas, truck show, tailgate picknic, cruise to a park for a show and shine picknic.....

Cheers

Rob.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Good to see you again Rob.
Va is having a Jan gtg if anyone would like to join them
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...al-thread.html

Va, and Pa and I are in the talking stages about a multi state GTG in April, down near the Potomac river bridge at a sea food house. That should be fun.

I am talking to a local resturant about getting a discount price for the meals for a show/ GTG, if I can get 20+ people together, they will sponsor radio and newspaper advertisement, There is a really big parking lot there, and an automotive store. I have to approach the store to see if they would want to have some involvement in the project. I would do this sometime in May, after the weather breaks. It could become a monthly event.We could set it sooner if there is some interest shown in the project.
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Old 01-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Posting Legend

fire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputation
SOunds good Charlie. I know I will be ordering a set of led lights for the truck in the next week or two to put on.
2009 F-150 Super Cab XL 4X4 4.6L 2Valve V8 My build thread.Added: N-Fab light bar, Rigid Industries LED lights,Rough Country hidden winch mount with Rough Country 9500lb winch. 2" leveling kit from Hell Bent Steel.Up next: wheels and tires.
Big Bser number XO Slackmaster#5
RIP Stevebricks. You will be missed.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Senior User

Blown284 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here's a few from my perspective that get me out:

* Modifications day. Pick a member who has a few mods that they've been wanting to get installed and all of us help them get those mods installed.

* BBQ/Cookout. I love to eat so it will be difficult to keep me away :-)

* Race day. I don't plan on racing the truck but would go and support others at the track who race.
Mods to date: MBRP 4" exhaust, ISSPro Ev2 gauges, Leveling kit, DIY 6673 intake, muffler delete, '05 leather front seats/console, Stereo upgrade, Scangauge II, HD headlight, new front grill, TW 6 POS w/SWAMPS tunes)
2012 VW Passat TDI
Old 01-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Did you see this post? http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...-maryland.html

Obviously, we'll have to wait on the Cookout for better weather..... I'm sure up for that.

Again when it gets warmer, I'll bet Charlie would host a Mod Day.... he sure has the room for it....not to mention the shop......IF we could help clean it up if he needs it.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 01-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Brain dead

Sounds good, I'll fire up the smoker.................It has Ford truck hood hinges on it, so just opening and closing it counts!!!!
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Posting Legend

fire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputation
CHarlie my smoker and grills are never left cold for the winter.
2009 F-150 Super Cab XL 4X4 4.6L 2Valve V8 My build thread.Added: N-Fab light bar, Rigid Industries LED lights,Rough Country hidden winch mount with Rough Country 9500lb winch. 2" leveling kit from Hell Bent Steel.Up next: wheels and tires.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Brain dead

I'm talking about the big smoker Shaun, I use the small one all the time.

Click the image to open in full size.
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Posting Legend

Charlie the smoker me and my brother have is a decent sized smoker. We need to upgrade to a commercial smoker soon as we are wearing out the smoker. Then again I guess yr round use for 4 or 5 yrs will do that.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:01 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

jr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to behold
hey I also cook outside year round
member of the Boy you ain't Right club #4
President of the crap shooters club
Join the Maryland Chapter click HERE
Old 01-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
If it's this warm in January can you imagine what it's going to be in March? We're all be in Charlie's backyard in our shorts and T's in the middle of March! LOL

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 01-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Posting Legend

We probably will be Bud if it stays like this.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:02 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter