Sponsored by: Moser

Does anybody regret buying the 6.2?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:19 AM
640 CI Aluminum FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cdvaight
My feelings are not hurt at all. We all have our own tastes, budgets and needs. I don't take offense or get bent out of shape because everybody doesn't want or like my choices. I am just happy to share my experiences and the experiences of others. Thanks to both of you for your comments!

-- Chris
These's fourms need more commenters like yourself.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:45 PM
cdvaight
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 640 CI Aluminum FORD
These's fourms need more commenters like yourself.
Thanks! I look at forums as educational for the most part. You can meet good people that you keep in contact with for a long time. There are others that use public media outlets as a way to hide behind their humongous internet bawrls and just post nonsense. I am in no way saying '89F2urd was doing that at all though. I completely understood what he meant by his comment and I respect that, I didn't even think twice about it.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:38 PM
640 CI Aluminum FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks! I look at forums as educational for the most part. You can meet good people that you keep in contact with for a long time. There are others that use public media outlets as a way to hide behind their humongous internet bawrls and just post nonsense. I am in no way saying '89F2urd was doing that at all though. I completely understood what he meant by his comment and I respect that, I didn't even think twice about it.
Its just nice to see someone be humble about their (and others) choice's when buying a new truck. Just don't get caught up in the V8 vs V6 Ecoboost war...9 outta 10 times it just leads to petty arguments and disagreements that are handled poorly by both parties and serve no real purpose other than to insult someone for their personal choice in engines. As you can see if you scroll back threw some of the older comments on this thread. I admit I myself have been guilty of getting a little petty with people in the debate, I chose the new 5.0L myself because it best suited my needs/wants, and I've come to realize that those who choose the Ecoboost did so because it best suited their needs/wants and that's totally respectable.

One of my favorite things about Ford Truck Enthusiasts is that the community is generally always very helpful. But over the past year or so the Ecoboost vs The Alternative'a battle has gotten more and more ridiculos. So I just try and stay out of it these days. My main thing is that I'm just happy that we have the choice's that we do today, and I don't want to see these choice's be taken away in the future.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:51 PM
efx4
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just glad that the F150 has engine choices that seem to fit most tastes. I don't see any other half ton truck out there doing what Ford has done.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:09 AM
cdvaight
New User
Originally Posted by 640 CI Aluminum FORD
Its just nice to see someone be humble about their (and others) choice's when buying a new truck. Just don't get caught up in the V8 vs V6 Ecoboost war...9 outta 10 times it just leads to petty arguments and disagreements that are handled poorly by both parties and serve no real purpose other than to insult someone for their personal choice in engines. As you can see if you scroll back threw some of the older comments on this thread. I admit I myself have been guilty of getting a little petty with people in the debate, I chose the new 5.0L myself because it best suited my needs/wants, and I've come to realize that those who choose the Ecoboost did so because it best suited their needs/wants and that's totally respectable.

One of my favorite things about Ford Truck Enthusiasts is that the community is generally always very helpful. But over the past year or so the Ecoboost vs The Alternative'a battle has gotten more and more ridiculos. So I just try and stay out of it these days. My main thing is that I'm just happy that we have the choice's that we do today, and I don't want to see these choice's be taken away in the future.
Well said, I am a member of the other Ford truck forum and it of course it's the same over there. My motto is pretty much, "I chose what I did because it is what I wanted. I took into consideration where I am at in life and what would best suit me right now." I feel fortunate that I am now in a position to truly get what I want.

One of my biggest peeve's is the "real truck" comments. I don't tow or go off road with my truck. It isn't lifted or have a push bar. I am OK with all of that. It is a real truck, just check out the badges that say F150 on them. Same badge is on my Limited that is on the FX4 with the 4 inch lift. If I wanted all of that I would have gotten a Raptor instead of the LL and saved a couple grand. Sorry, ending my rant now.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:05 PM
'89F2urd
Lead Driver
Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts
My feelings are not hurt at all. We all have our own tastes, budgets and needs. I don't take offense or get bent out of shape because everybody doesn't want or like my choices. I am just happy to share my experiences and the experiences of others. Thanks to both of you for your comments!

-- Chris
and you, sir, possess character that would be beneficial to any learning environment. and, if you stick around, will surely make this one a better place. you said it best, plenty of nitwits on the net do what they do, and say what they say fueled by different brands of childishness that are too abundant to list.

btw, the joke's on the "its not a real truck" crowd. the same "type" of person that says that, is the same "type" that spends literally tens of thousands of dollars to drive a lifted, huge tired street queen with a ball sac swingin from the back. no thank you.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:10 PM
olbear
New User
Originally Posted by '89F2urd
and you, sir, possess character that would be beneficial to any learning environment. and, if you stick around, will surely make this one a better place. you said it best, plenty of nitwits on the net do what they do, and say what they say fueled by different brands of childishness that are too abundant to list.

btw, the joke's on the "its not a real truck" crowd. the same "type" of person that says that, is the same "type" that spends literally tens of thousands of dollars to drive a lifted, huge tired street queen with a ball sac swingin from the back. no thank you.

Very well put.

Agree 100% on the "posers" !! each to their own and live and let live - good thing we are all individuals

Old 12-02-2011, 02:24 PM
cdvaight
New User
Thanks guys. Life is too short to constantly be putting your internet dukes. I will be sticking around for awhile I am sure.

--Chris

Old 12-30-2011, 05:32 PM
hrdrd
New User
A real slow walking pwr train on the road. Regret the throttle linkage job Ford has done on it though. Dealer calls it an electronic throttle. When I tramp it down to jump out into traffic the engine wines up but no rapid acceleration. Sounds like the block is gonna blow before it starts to move out.. gotta get it looked at - 2011 f150/Platinum. 6.2 x 6sp elect shift.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:03 AM
brokenleg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
nope. I got a screw, 6.2, max tow....

Old 01-10-2024, 10:13 AM
FordExpy486
Cross-Country
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Interesting reading this 12 years later…at this point all the 3.5 EB & 5.0 guys are on their 4th set of timing chains and phasers and all the 6.2’s are still factory sealed. 6.2 guys were absolutely correct on this one! What engine would one desire most if buying this era used today? The 6.2. Y’all called it!

Old 01-10-2024, 06:09 PM
rbentnail
More Turbo
Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
Exaggerate much?

Old 01-11-2024, 09:04 PM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Received 178 Likes on 126 Posts
Still have and love my 6.2 Raptor. 120,xxx miles.and runs like a BOSS (see what I did there?). I've had a 3.5 eco as well and really liked it. The mileage was certainly better...

Old 01-14-2024, 11:28 AM
brokenleg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by brokenleg
nope. I got a screw, 6.2, max tow....
12 years later. Still have my 6.2 max tow. Have not touched the engine. But then It had 68 k then, now it has 100k. Dont regret buying it.
my opinion is still the same. I also own a 17 5.0 6spd. Have not touched the engine on it either, and it runs about like the 6.2, but the 6.2 has more torque. I have driven the 3.5 ecoboost. I drive slow, so never got boost to build up.