6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Remote start ???

Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 AM
ltatkinson
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote start ???

I did a search but most seem to be about the Auto Settings. Mine is the old fashioned manual type heating and cooling controls. My issue is I just tried my remote start for the 1st time since last winter. The truck started fine but no blower motor or defrost. So I thought maybe I didnt have them on, but I made sure they were on and tried again. Still nothing. Any ideas, could it be a simple fuse? Don't see any assigned to the remote start in the manual. I hate to go to the dealer unless I must.

Tim

Old 11-02-2011, 07:20 AM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not sure if the remote start with automatically turn on the heat/ac for you. I think you need to have the auto climate control for the remote start to automatically turn the heat/ac on. You do not have to have the auto climate control ON for this feature to work, but I think you need auto climate control installed on the truck.

I could be wrong, but that's how I understood it.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:27 AM
ltatkinson
Senior User
Last winter it would turn on the HVAC controls. Im just not sure if it has to be a certain temp outside.

Tim

Old 11-02-2011, 08:21 AM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Remote start and EMTC (Electronic Manual Temperature Control)...

When the remote start feature is used, the climate control system automatically sets certain parameters in an attempt to achieve a comfortable cabin temperature. These parameters are set based on outside air temperature. During remote start, the outside air temperature is continually evaluated and HVAC system behavior can change if the outside air changes between cold, moderate and warm temperatures.

For cold ambient air temperatures (below 0°C (32°F)):

-the airflow mode is set to FLOOR/DEFROST.
-the temperature is set to full HOT.
-the blower speed is set to HIGH.
-the air inlet mode is set to fresh air.
-the auxiliary electric heater is enabled if needed (diesel engines only) (if equipped).

For moderate ambient air temperatures (between 0°C (32°F) and 27°C (80°F)):

-the airflow mode is set to the last user setting.
-the temperature is set to the last user setting.
-the blower speed is set to the last user setting.
-the air inlet mode is set to the last user setting.
-the auxiliary electric heater is enabled if needed (diesel engines only) (if equipped).

For warm ambient air temperatures (above 27°C (80°F)):

-the airflow mode is set to MAX A/C.
-the temperature is set to full COOL.
-the blower speed is set to HIGH.
-the air inlet mode is set to RECIRC.
-the auxiliary electric heater is not enabled (diesel engines only) (if equipped).

Old 11-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Y2KPSD
Senior User
Heated Seats

PSHD

Are the seats Heaters activated in the "below freezing" temperature?.
OR Anytime automatically.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:53 AM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Y2KPSD
PSHD

Are the seats Heaters activated in the "below freezing" temperature?.
OR Anytime automatically.
The following applies to vehicles with either EMTC (Electronic Manual Temperature Control) or DATC (Dual Automatic Temperature Control).

Climate Controlled Seats (If Equipped) - When the vehicle is started using the remote start feature, the driver/passenger climate controlled seat activates in full heat mode when the outside temperature is less than 0° C (32° F) and full cool mode when outside temperature is greater than 27° C (80° F).

Heated Mirrors (If Equipped) - When the vehicle is started using the remote start feature and the outside temperature is less than 0° C (32° F), the heated mirrors will be activated.

Rear Window Defrost (If Equipped) - When the vehicle is started using the remote start feature and the outside temperature is less than 0° C (32° F), the rear window defrost will be activated.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Fontana
Senior User
This has been very informative. Thank you for explaining as I have not had my truck long enough to have had experience. I should have used my remote start more often this past summer!

You know it just occured to me that if our trucks have a temperature sensor then why don't I have a gauge or electronic display of outside temperature in my cab? Just curious as several of my previous vehicles had had that feature.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Y2KPSD
Senior User
AUTO

Remember...

This requires that AUTO control is selected......

Old 11-02-2011, 10:35 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Y2KPSD
Remember...

This requires that AUTO control is selected......
If I remember right it does not need to be in auto mode and it will adjust the settings as needed upon remote starting...

Remote start and DATC (Dual Automatic Climate Control)...

For cold ambient air temperatures as determined by the HVAC module AUTO mode to request heat:

-the airflow mode is set to FLOOR/DEFROST.
-the temperature is set to 22°C (72°F).
-the blower speed is set to AUTO.
-the air inlet mode is set to AUTO.

For moderate ambient air temperatures as determined by the HVAC module AUTO mode to request heat or cooling:

-the airflow mode is set to the AUTO.
-the temperature is set to the last user setting (Temperature setting is limited to 18°C (65°F) minimum and 29°C (85°F) maximum. If the temperature is set above or below that range, it will use the minimum or maximum value.).
-the blower speed is set to the AUTO.

For warm ambient air temperatures as determined by the HVAC module AUTO mode to request cooling:

-the airflow mode is set to AUTO.
-the temperature is set to 22°C (72°F).
-the blower speed is set to AUTO.
-the auxiliary electric heater is not enabled (diesel engines only) (if equipped).

Old 11-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Y2KPSD
Senior User
Thx for the clarification...

Old 12-23-2011, 10:31 PM
USMC Diesel
Senior User
I'm not sure mine is working, I started it this morning it was 34 and nothing was coming out of any vents it was cold in the truck.
It's a 2012 F-350 Diesel King Ranch I’ve had it three weeks.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:34 AM
dschuffert
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by USMC Diesel
I'm not sure mine is working, I started it this morning it was 34 and nothing was coming out of any vents it was cold in the truck.
It's a 2012 F-350 Diesel King Ranch I’ve had it three weeks.
It takes mine about 3 minutes from the time it starts to the time air and heat start flowing. This is with the supplemental heater option. I leave my climate control on auto all the time. The only thing mine doesn't do is automatically turn on the heated seats or mirrors with the remote start. I should take it in to Ford and have them look at it, but everything else works perfect, and I am concerned some other issue may creep up if they have to flash the system, etc.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:35 PM
nesport
New User
I've got a question that I didn't see brought up.... I have a 2012 F-250 KR with the factory remote start. My HVAC works great with the remote start function, however, sometimes when I place the key in and turn it, it shuts the HVAC off for a few seconds while everything boots up. This appears to be completly random, sometimes it doesn't do it. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 05-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by nesport
I've got a question that I didn't see brought up.... I have a 2012 F-250 KR with the factory remote start. My HVAC works great with the remote start function, however, sometimes when I place the key in and turn it, it shuts the HVAC off for a few seconds while everything boots up. This appears to be completly random, sometimes it doesn't do it. Anyone else have this problem?

Mine does that sometimes at random as well. Sometimes it completely shuts the fan off, other times is slows the fan down, but most of the time it doesn't change anything at all. No idea why it acts goofy sometimes.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:28 PM
BTyner41
Senior User
mine does the same. I thought it was just a 'reset' as power comes up to alll of the other dash devices. Maybe?