1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had my lock punched...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 08:57 PM
1999 F350 dually
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this happened on my 99. First on the passenger side, then on the driver's side. I tried to get in the to put a plate in, and was just going to use the remote to unlock. I like the idea of using a 'back door' handle. i have the cab with the suicide doors on the back.. will this work?
also- it is really hard to get in there and work on this the way the door is made. any tricks? or a reference on how to do this. I seriously cannot even see in there, much less wrench on it.

And heres a story about the thief: My buddy caught the guy the second time (in the mall parking lot) and rammed his face into the door with his knee. Lots of blood all over my truck. So the coward ran away. We were driving home; apparently he went running home to his mom's basement and someone called the cops and said that we beat him up, with a description of the truck. So I get pulled over, and the cop says we have this description of this truck blah blah blah, and we said. "no officer, we wouldn't hurt anyone who was breaking into a truck". He looked at us, looked at the blood on the door, and said, "Okay, sorry to bother you".

Old 11-02-2011, 09:06 PM
pappy19
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The small hose clamp totaly renders the normal screwdriver "pry and pop" from working. The Ford lock mechanism is hard plastic/nylon and with the hose clamp over the lock spring clip, it takes one hell of a pounding with a hammer and screwdriver to break it out. Without the JJ's, it just takes 5 seconds, a screwdriver and a twist of the wrist, then they are in.

Pap

Old 11-02-2011, 09:06 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by F350-6
I have not seen the inside of a 2011 door, or payed any attention to their handle, but if it's like the earlier trucks, it sounds like they used the screwdriver to dislodge the locking cylinder from the plastic housing. The round lock cylinder fits inside a round plastic hole. If you twist hard enough, the plastic hole will crack and expand allowing the locked cylinder to rotate to the unlock position. The Jimmi Jammer uses a small hose clamp to clamp the plastic hole to the lock cylinder so that in a perfect world, the plastic cannot expand when it gets cracked from the force of the screwdriver. Since the plastic cannot expand, the cylinder cannot rotate to the unlocked position, so the door handle remains useless.

This is why I need the picture, nothing was turned, just imagine sticking a screw driver in the key hole and just press down as hard as you can, broke the face of the door handle and then you just open the door like it was unlocked, but if you let go of the screw driver then the door is still locked and you are unable to open the door.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:38 PM
pappy19
Posting Guru
Then the JJ plate takes care of that.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:34 PM
steven06
Senior User

I had this happen to my 2006 sitting in a rest stop parking lot it was late at night and the guy punched the lock and opened up the door, funniest thing was I was sleeping in the back seat. He started going through my center counsel. Then he felt a strange cold feeling on his right temple (.45 acp) and heard the 911 operator on my speaker phone. Cops showed up within bout 2 min they brought an ambulance. They must have thought I shot the guy, as they put him in the car to drag his sorry behind to jail the cop told me if it was him I'd have shot the guy. Little scarry then kind of funny now.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:06 PM
sand_fiend
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i installed a home siren on my alarm. 139 db. My neighbors on the other side of the block can here it !!!!

I would love the new viper alarm my Buddie just installed on his truck. It page's his Iphone when it go's off. He can start and shut off the tuck from anywhere with his phone. He can also track " real time " the path of the truck on the internet GPS.. Just like Lo-jack. Its a bit pricey.. like $650. I think just a lo-jack unit it self is $699. why spend that on lo-jack when you could get this alarm that dose more..

Old 11-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Fosters
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by RedBoat
If you have remote unlock get the front door handle replaced with a rear door handle without the key lock..I had someone punch out my front drivers lock and replaced it with a rear handle. Problem sloved with getting your lock punched.
That's an interesting idea... Did you replace both front doors? What happens if the battery dies, any other way to get under the hood or get the truck unlocked?

Old 11-03-2011, 01:58 PM
kd0axs
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fosters
That's an interesting idea... Did you replace both front doors? What happens if the battery dies, any other way to get under the hood or get the truck unlocked?
That would be my only concern is the you couldn't get in the truck in the event of a dead battery or malfunction of the keyless entry system.

Also, could you not just take the door apart and remove the rod that connects to the lock cylinder? Then they couldn't unlock the door even if they did punch out the lock. I've never had my doors apart so I don't know if that's an option or not.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:23 PM
pappy19
Posting Guru
Not only that but the screwdriver under the handle is still possible but not with the Jimmi-Jammer. So why not spend $40 and get it right the first time.

Pap

Old 11-04-2011, 03:51 PM
TxFireman1972
Tuned
They got me at the movies one night. After that I took all of the lock rods out of my doors, so is there is nothing left to unlock, even if they get a screwdriver in there. The only way to unlock the door is with the keyless entry remote on my alarm.

Here is a link to the article about my break-in:

Viper 2-way saved me tonight!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Also had a new alarm installed as well:

Having new alarm installed - Autopage C3-RS1100 OLED - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Old 11-04-2011, 03:52 PM
TxFireman1972
Tuned
Also, don't get over confident with the jimmi jammers. Thieves know all about them, and they really don't even slow them down any more.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:55 PM
pappy19
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by TxFireman1972
Also, don't get over confident with the jimmi jammers. Thieves know all about them, and they really don't even slow them down any more.
Yeah, they just break a window which they can do no matter what you install. At least the alarm will make some noise. You can move to Idaho and not worry about it very much. Too far to a southern border, but you must know how to grow spuds and must become a Boise State Bronco fan.

Pap

Old 11-04-2011, 11:21 PM
jc8825
Posting Guru
I pulled most everything out of the truck with the exception of the owner's manual, repair and maintenance receipts, and CDs, oh and my box of Kleenex. I will just go back to what I originally did with vehicles and leave it unlocked. They might break a window, but oh well, I am not concerned with anything in that truck and I have GREAT insurance. I should have it fixed on Wednesday. Should be a one day job.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:17 AM
hotroddsl
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by pappy19
Yeah, they just break a window which they can do no matter what you install. At least the alarm will make some noise. You can move to Idaho and not worry about it very much. Too far to a southern border, but you must know how to grow spuds and must become a Boise State Bronco fan.

Pap
Then I guess I'm getting my truck stolen!...GO DEVILS...FEAR THE FORK....

Old 08-04-2016, 06:45 PM
MadWolf
Tuned
lol, necromanced thread!

Quick Reply: Had my lock punched...