Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6 and 2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2011, 08:45 PM
New User

boones11 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2011 4x4 supercrew EcoBoost "DISLIKE"

We have a 11 4x4 supercrew EB, mileage 5000 and we are averaging 14.1 mpg since we purchase the truck brand new and have kept the history. This has been high way driving with cruise control.
The EPA average is suppose to 15 city, 21 highway and we are very dissatisfied with the fuel economy we are getting.
Anyone else experiencing this and is unhappy with Ford's advertisement. We love the truck but not the gas mileage. Welcome e-mails at boones11@***.net
BTW Ford is arguing with us.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:24 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Stay off the boost and you will probably do better.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 11-01-2011, 08:44 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by boones11 View Post
We have a 11 4x4 supercrew EB, mileage 5000 and we are averaging 14.1 mpg since we purchase the truck brand new and have kept the history. This has been high way driving with cruise control.
The EPA average is suppose to 15 city, 21 highway and we are very dissatisfied with the fuel economy we are getting.
Anyone else experiencing this and is unhappy with Ford's advertisement. We love the truck but not the gas mileage. Welcome e-mails at boones11@***.net
BTW Ford is arguing with us.

Welcome to FTE!

Go back to the dealer and have them check it out. BTW, you didn't give us any details such as axle ratio, how the truck is used, is it loaded with any gear, etc.

There are some folks on here who are not getting Ford's advertised mpg's. I am but I have an XLT Scab 4x4 with the 3.31 axles and stock rims and tires.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 11-01-2011, 09:33 PM
New User

3.55 axle ratio
Hwy miles mostly going 60-70 mph
live Phx so flat driving with cruise
No towing, no hauling
Premium gas

We filed a complaint with ford and it is being investigated.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:34 PM
New User

what do you mean stay off the boost?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:35 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
what do you mean stay off the boost?

He means to drive as gently as possible as the turbos spool up and generate turbo boost using the exhaust gas. That's why these trucks are so damned fun to drive. In case you're interested, here's a wiki explaining how a turbo works.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...ILWUeRMG0MdWGw
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 11-02-2011, 09:26 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Yeah, slower starts and using a light throttle. Watch your rpms. more rpms = more boost.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 11-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Senior User

Skoiv is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Boones... I have the same truck as you and I am getting the advertised mileage. In fact, I got 23 mpg on the hwy the first day I drove it off the lot. Play around with your settings on your mpg reader. I have mine to average every ten minutes. Have you re-set it at all? Have you hand calculated?
*1980 F250 4x4, 351M, Edlebrock intake, cam, lifters and carb. 3" single exhaust with 40 series Flowmaster. 3" Tough Ctry lift, 33" BFG A/T's, 3.73's, Dana 60ff Powerlock rear. Converted 2x4. Camper Special
*11 Taurus Limited
*06 E350 Cargo Van 5.4
Old 11-02-2011, 01:15 PM
New User

rmacera is starting off with a positive reputation.
Playing around with the settings in the fule economy reading doesn't do anything. It just gives you an idea based on intervals of time. It doesn't effect the main fuel economy readout. The MPG is miles driven divided by fuel used as determined by the computer. When you say you are not getting advertised mpg I assume you mean miles driven divided by actual gallons at the pump. You manually calculated it? That is the only measure of actual fuel economy at least within the limits of pump cutoff. If you are going off of the fuel economy meter or leaving one of the trip meter setting go for extended miles then you are relying on what the computer determines is fuel economy. My truck's meters are slightly higher than actual. I have a post in the Breakin MPG thread.

One more question. Is there anything in the Arizona fuel? I assume most of your measurement was during summer months. Do they put additives in the fuel there? Also what is the ethanol level in the fuel?
Old 11-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Junior User

OmahaEcoBoost is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoiv View Post
Boones... I have the same truck as you and I am getting the advertised mileage. In fact, I got 23 mpg on the hwy the first day I drove it off the lot. Play around with your settings on your mpg reader. I have mine to average every ten minutes. Have you re-set it at all? Have you hand calculated?
I have the exact same truck as well and I'm also achieving the advertised mileage without a problem. It's not unusual for me to get 22 mpg on the highway going 70 mph+.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Elder User

Lance Hogan is starting off with a positive reputation.
You might see if you dealership will reflash your computer.

I have the same truck is you and am getting the advertised fuel economy.

1955 F100 390/C6
1957 Fairlane Retractable
2002 Ford Focus
2011 F150 Screw Ecoboost
Old 11-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Post Fiend

biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.
Arrow

Quote:
Premium gas

We filed a complaint with ford and it is being investigated.

What's with the Premium fuel?

It's my understanding that these 3.5L EB...run on regular unleaded fuel. No need to add Premium.

Hope it gets resolved.

biz

2012 FORD F250 SD CC 156" Lariat FX4 6.2L BOSS 4x4 4.30s
2003 F250 SD SC 142" XLT FX4 V10 Auto 4x4 3.73s -- Traded
1976 F150 LWB Custom 4x4 390FE NP435 3.50s
Old 11-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Posting Guru

SLE is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SLE is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
2,800 miles on mine so far and the overal average has been a between 16.5-18 depneding on the tank. On the highway under 70 mph I have no problem getting into the lower 20s depending on wind and terrain. So far I've been quite pleased however it's quite apparent that if driven aggressively the fuel mileage drops off significantly. If driven very easilyy 25mph is real possibility. A 40 minute run driving 60mph on level ground with a slight tail wind was yielding 27 mpg however I cann't stand to drive that slow but I happend accross a convoy of about 6 semies on a 2 lane road so I just put up with it. BTW, this is on a 11' 4x4 Lariat offroad with 3.73 Gears and the towing package.

IT'S JUST STUFF!!!!! RELAX
Old 11-14-2011, 05:13 PM
New User

rmacera is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds like a hell of a tail wind going downhill to get 27mpg. No offense.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Posting Guru

SLE is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SLE is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It was a 45 minute drive with about a 15 mph tail wind driving between 55-60 mph on level to slightly decending grade. You'd be supprised what kind of mileage it'll yeild. I reset the trip/mileage when leaving and when I pulled into town it was showing 27.1 mpg. I cann't say I was able to verify that exact stretch of highway but I can verify that that so far every fillup has been with in 1/3 mpg of the truck readout.

IT'S JUST STUFF!!!!! RELAX
Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)

Tags
150, 2011, 2011f150ecoboost, 4x4, boost, crew, dislike, eco, ecoboost, expedition, f100, ford, oregon, reviews, super, supercrew, truck, v6