Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Junior User

omanalansan is starting off with a positive reputation.
solenoid pack

So i'm getting the O/D flashing light. My AE is ready P0741. I have already flushed my tranny fluid and changed my filter, thought that fixed it but the flashing came back last night on the highway.
Next, is to change my Solenoid Pack. But the only place I see it for sale is Ebay for $235, any other companies sell NEW solenoid Packs?

Here is the one for sale on EBAY.
NEW E4OD 4R100 TRANSMISSION SOLENOID PACK BLOCK 1998-Up | eBay

thanks guys
Old 10-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Junior User

Anyone??? thanks guys
Old 10-31-2011, 04:09 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Why do you wanna change the shift solenoid? What has led you to believe it's bad?

That code you have listed is for a torque converter, but even if it was for the solenoid, that wouldn't necessarily mean the solenoid is bad.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Junior User

Stewart - thanks for responding to my post. I've been doing alot of research and have read that some people have the same issue that i'm having and replaced their solenoid pack in the transmssion. Also read somewhere that ford instructed owners to change the solenoid pack for trucks made in a range of dates.

The flashing o/d light only comes on everyonce and a while and only when i'm on the highway. Again its not all the time.

I gave BTS a call today but he hasn't called me back yet.

Stewart got any idea what i should do? should i just bring it to the stealership?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:14 PM
aka Redneck Wrencher

mueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputation
Roland Mueck
Are you getting any wierd TC operation when the code sets? It could be caused by many other things other than the solenoid pack, i.e. Electrical Inputs/Outputs, Vehicle Harnesses, PCM, Digital (TR) Sensor, BPP Switch, PCM depending on the symptoms.
'01 F-250 Lariat CC SB 4x4, DP Tuner F6 (live tuned), AFE II w/ Pete's Cover, GTP38R w/ RR billet whl & cross drilled 1.0, 6.0 Techni-cooler, Full Force SS Injectors, Stealth HPOP, Fluidampr, Melling M-208, Walbro FP, mueckster Reg Return & Bowl delete, Comp Cams 910's, mueckster 4R100, 4" SS MBRP, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Truetrac rear ...SOLD...
Old 11-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Junior User

Nothing, no wierd operation, everything still works smoothly.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:48 AM
aka Redneck Wrencher

mueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputation
Roland Mueck
Quote:
Originally Posted by omanalansan View Post
Nothing, no wierd operation, everything still works smoothly.
I wouldn't throw any parts at it just yet.
'01 F-250 Lariat CC SB 4x4, DP Tuner F6 (live tuned), AFE II w/ Pete's Cover, GTP38R w/ RR billet whl & cross drilled 1.0, 6.0 Techni-cooler, Full Force SS Injectors, Stealth HPOP, Fluidampr, Melling M-208, Walbro FP, mueckster Reg Return & Bowl delete, Comp Cams 910's, mueckster 4R100, 4" SS MBRP, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Truetrac rear ...SOLD...
Old 11-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Junior User

Muekster - thanks for the advise, i'll keep researching.

i just pulled the codes this morning with my AE and I am getting a

P0500 VSS - I beleive this can make my O/D flash. I've read that this part is cheap and i can pick it up at napa or advance auto parts. anyone have hte part number?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:23 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Stewart - thanks for responding to my post. I've been doing alot of research and have read that some people have the same issue that i'm having and replaced their solenoid pack in the transmssion. Also read somewhere that ford instructed owners to change the solenoid pack for trucks made in a range of dates.

The flashing o/d light only comes on everyonce and a while and only when i'm on the highway. Again its not all the time.

I gave BTS a call today but he hasn't called me back yet.

Stewart got any idea what i should do? should i just bring it to the stealership?
I just know that when the shift solenoid in the 4R100 in my Lightning was bad, the trans shop did something with a multi meter hooked directly to the solenoid to determine if the codes tripping the SES light was due to a bad pack.

It was. They replaced the pack.

My point was, don't just go by the codes that activated the SES light.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 11-01-2011, 11:09 PM
aka Redneck Wrencher

Roland Mueck
I agree with Stewart. Read the codes, test the components affected, THEN replace if they fail the tests.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Junior User

thansk guys for the tip and advise.

Anyone know how to test my solenoid pak? I called BTS but he hasn't return my call..
Old 11-02-2011, 08:03 AM
aka Redneck Wrencher

Roland Mueck
Quote:
thansk guys for the tip and advise.

Anyone know how to test my solenoid pak? I called BTS but he hasn't return my call..
I have to run over to a friend's shop to help him out for a bit. I'll post up an ohm's test for the solenoids when I get back.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Junior User

thanks mueckster!!!! your the best!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:02 PM
aka Redneck Wrencher

Roland Mueck
Quote:
thanks mueckster!!!! your the best!
You're welcome. Sorry it took so long. Got tied up there and he took me out to lunch.
Here's the tests. For the TCC, use the PWM ohm reading
Name:  img015.jpg
Views: 2362
Size:  169.3 KB

Name:  img016.jpg
Views: 1891
Size:  126.4 KB
Old 11-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Junior User

Wow, where did you get this info from?
I'll take you out to a steak dinner after this. ha!

Thanks meukster
Old 11-02-2011, 04:06 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2000, 2002, 2006, 4x4, 73, aviator, cheap, cost, diesel, explorer, f350, ford, gas, pack, solenoid, testing