Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a Few Questions..

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 05:12 PM
optikal illushun
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just a Few Questions..

1993 f-150 300/auto ok well here they are:
1)replacement dash pad? where could i find one i know i posted this before but i didnt turn up anything? i was gonna go to the local Ford dealers and try to order one come the new year.

2)replacemnt grill, headlight trim and mirrors, where to get them? i say the chrome grill and headlight trim on Ebay for 100. i also saw the grill n mirrors in JCW. all the boneyards around here dont have 92 n newer trucks that have any interiors.

3)my passengers door, when closed, sits in about 1/4". is there a way to fix this? it really looks bad and its starting to get to me.

4)what size altenator do i have in my truck. i read somewhere that i could fit a 130amp altenator on my truck. where could i get one and would it be hard to install?

5)front end limited-slip? i think i have one but i dont know where to look. i tried looking on the axle (dana 44TTB) and didnt find anything. my door jam stickers are kinda falling off. i know i have a rear limited-slip.

sorry for the long post but this is the only was i know id remember all my questions. thanx

Old 11-13-2002, 05:53 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Just a Few Questions..

Have you checked the online store here for some of the things you are looking for?

motorhaven.autoanything.com

Re: The Alternator> Look on the case and you might see the amp output stamped into it.

[font color=red]Dennis

FTE Assistant Administrator
[/font]

[link:www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html|Club FTE]

[link: motorhaven.autoanything.com|How YOU Can Support This Site]

http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/canada_flag_animated.gif

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Mil1ion.html|My Website,"North Of The 49th"]

Old 11-13-2002, 06:42 PM
steve83
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just a Few Questions..

1)What color?

2)Where's here? E-mail me.

3)Yes. The hinges & strikes can be loosened and aligned, but it's not easy. It helps to remove the bolts from the back of the fender & swing it out from the hinge area for easy access.

4)Probably 100A. I have the 130A on mine, but they're rare & expensive. A parts store should be able to sell you one - ask for the alt for a 4.9L ambulance package.

5)Look on the back of the passenger side beam for the big white UPC sticker. It has the codes on it, and should indicate open or LS.

Old 11-13-2002, 08:22 PM
optikal illushun
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just a Few Questions..

red interior, and here is Pa. those stickers are coming off and i cant really make it out anymore. also how much for a 130a altenator (for my stereo system)?

Old 11-13-2002, 10:19 PM
steve83
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just a Few Questions..

I got the alt from the junkyard when I got the engine. They didn't realize it was special. The engine I bought had been hit so hard, that ALL the accessories & their brackets were shattered. So I went thru the yard picking out replacements. The alt came off their shelves, so I don't actually know what it was originally installed in. I had to replace the VR in it, but it uses the same as the standard alt.

Old 11-14-2002, 12:31 AM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just a Few Questions..