Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2011, 02:08 PM
New User

mtullis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Torqshift Transmission Question

When my truck is cold the transmission has a "shutter" when your going down the road under light load in high gear/OD. It's like its locking up and unlocking the OD/torque converter?
Only does for the first few minutes and if you turn on the tow haul it goes away.

Truck is a 2006 F250 6.0L CC 4x4 60K Miles
Old 10-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
How's fluid level? Changed it lately? How many miles on this fluid?

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 10-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Post Fiend

BLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant futureBLADE35 has a brilliant future
also see if the fluid smells Burnt
2003 6.0, 4X4 srw, short box, born on 3/28/03 Moog ball joints,DC POWER 190A ALT Duralast Goldtop batterys 10/7/2012,RECON LED SMOKE MIRROR LENS,4 inch turbo back magnaflo exhaust,no kitty, 6 in. lift, BFG 315/75r16, python remote start alarm,pioneer system2 12''subs 1600watt amps ,scangaugeII,coolant filter, blue fuel pres spring, Fresh oil cooler 6/1/11 Final Charge Cat EC-1 rated Silicate Free ELC coolant, Sinister Full egr deleate, ROTELLA T-6 5w-40syn,updatedHPO screen,updated oil filter stand pipe, TC SX8000
Old 10-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Posting Guru

Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Everytime I hear that the problem is a shudder that goes away in tow/haul mode. It makes me lean toward injector problems. That is what mine did when the injector went out. Also my boss's 06 used to shudderonly when it was cold. Now its all the time. And he has codes for his whole passengers side injectors. Btw the shudder is harder to feel in tow/haul mode. Have your truck checked for codes IMO.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Post Fiend

69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealo4 View Post
Everytime I hear that the problem is a shudder that goes away in tow/haul mode. It makes me lean toward injector problems. That is what mine did when the injector went out. Also my boss's 06 used to shudderonly when it was cold. Now its all the time. And he has codes for his whole passengers side injectors. Btw the shudder is harder to feel in tow/haul mode. Have your truck checked for codes IMO.
That could also indicate a failing ficm.
2007 Thor Jazz 5er, 11k dry weight, 31'
173rd Abn. RVN.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Posting Guru

Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69cj View Post
That could also indicate a failing ficm.
Your right but it passes all tests and never dips below 47.5 volts.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:34 AM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
I tend to think injectors too and I agree with your diagnosis of the OP's problem, but your boss's truck throwing codes for a whole bank of injectors at once makes me think something else is going on. What codes?

Hell will freeze over and I'll ice skate with the devil before I EVER lower my flag

Tim
Old 11-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Posting Guru

Its the contribution/balance codes for 3,5,7. I agree though I've tried changing to synthetic oil, new OEM filter and filter cap. At first his problems were only are first start after a cold soak. Now its all the time. I hope to have some time with his truck in a week or two.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Its the contribution/balance codes for 3,5,7. I agree though I've tried changing to synthetic oil, new OEM filter and filter cap. At first his problems were only are first start after a cold soak. Now its all the time. I hope to have some time with his truck in a week or two.
Ewwww. The fun ones, of course. I'm wondering if he has a leaking copper washer on one of those possibly. Might want to run a bubble/balloon test before pulling them out just to rule out a leaking injector.

Hell will freeze over and I'll ice skate with the devil before I EVER lower my flag

Tim
Old 11-23-2011, 05:08 PM
New User

DrumboyTroy is starting off with a positive reputation.
2004 Shudder

My truck started doing the very same thing about a week ago. Sometimes the shaking is violent! It only does it in OD. It only does it under light load. It seems to go away after the truck has warmed up. If I switch to Tow-haul it stops.

Now, with that said, if it threw a code, wouldn't I have indication on my instrument panel? I have had none. Also, if it was the injector(s), wouldn't I see a reduction in RPMs when it was happening? My tack is as steady as a rock when it happens. My levels are correct. My fluid has about 4k miles on it and is nice and red. No burnt smell. Filters have also been changed. I also run the Bully Dog Triple . Have nevr had a problem. I have read lots of the same problems without bullydog in the equation. Just saying that before you jump right to the bullydog issue. I appreciated any guidance from you pros. Thanks, Troy. 157k miles on the truck. I

Last edited by DrumboyTroy; 11-23-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: wrong title
Old 11-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Postmaster

Snuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to behold
snuggyworm snuggyworm Snuggyworm
i have read and heard from techs and mechanics that the bully dog might not agree wif our 6.0. no offense. jus my 2 cents.
Ravelco, Updated HFCM Plug, ScanGauge II, Blue Spring, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter & Intake Elbow, Updated STC, SP & DP, Upgraded FICM (6/14/12), Performance Machine Mfg EGR Delete (5/13/13), Updated Turbo Oil Line & Drainpipe, Shell ELC, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Steering Stabilizer & Front Coils, Moog Ball Joints, Magnefine P.S. Filter, Jimmi Jammers, Fumoto, Riffraff Boots, 08 Mirrors, Hellwig
Old 11-24-2011, 06:58 AM
New User

DrumboyTroy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggyworm View Post
i have read and heard from techs and mechanics that the bully dog might not agree wif our 6.0. no offense. jus my 2 cents.
I have heard the same, but obviously turf are problems with these trucks aside from the bully dog. I want to get as much info as I can. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:58 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2003, 2009, 5th, 60k, diesel, f150, f250, fluid, ford, problems, shift, shudder, testing, torqshift, torque, transmission