Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Freshman User

JakeM is starting off with a positive reputation.
Winter floor matt's ?

Who has them? What brands are recommended? I have a 2003 F150 S-Crew Lariat FX4 that I'd like to keep looking as good as it is now. Looking for some good winter matt's that will catch all the salt and crap laid down on Iowa roads.

Thanks!

Jake
Old 10-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Post Fiend

ReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to behold
Nifty products Extreme or Catchalls (one's rubber the other's carpert) and WeatherTech's two lines are the best I've played with. Husky liner's are decent too, but I find the flap by the door settles down over time and creates issues with how the mat lays.

Highland USA makes a knock off of Weather Techs all weather mats, I have had a set for 6+ years and they are still holding up decent. I also have a Nifty catchall for the back seat. If I were to do it again, I would use Weather Tech's weather liner up front and Nifty Extreme in the rear.

</td><td> Look, see these two tow hooks? They look like tusks. And what kind of animal has tusks?</td></tr></table>
Old 10-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Avid Winter Hater

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
I have WeatherTech floor liners in my pickup. I have been happy with them. The work truck has a vinyl floor which is nice too.
Hope & A Prayer Motorsports
Old 10-29-2011, 04:06 PM
New User

usedup is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the WeatherTech Floor Liners and couldn't imagine anything working better.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Freshman User

JakeM is starting off with a positive reputation.
WeatherTech looks like the ticket. But, what is better? Floor liner's or floor matt's? I live in town and don't do a lot of offroading or mudding so I don't know if floor liners are right for me. However, if they would be a better idea, if only in the winter, I'd still check them out.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Avid Winter Hater

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
WeatherTech looks like the ticket. But, what is better? Floor liner's or floor matt's? I live in town and don't do a lot of offroading or mudding so I don't know if floor liners are right for me. However, if they would be a better idea, if only in the winter, I'd still check them out.
I run floor liners all year round. They protect the carpet and clean up nicely. I wouldn't use plan floormats anymore IMO.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Freshman User

rkan is starting off with a positive reputation.
The complete coverage of the Weathertech floor liners is the best thing I have ever used for our Nebraska winters. The only possible negative I have seen is that they dont have the deep grooves a winter floor mat does, so in heavy snow there is a bit of "floor liner soup" going on and occasionally my pant leg would get dirty since your heel is not raised above the fluid level. But the carpet stays spotless.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Posting Guru

Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.
SirJohnStone DiggityDooDanks
I use the Nifty Extreme Catchall. Works great, great fit, and they're cheaper than the weathertechs, and cover the entire floor, door to door.

Weathertechs are probably the best, but if you have someone sitting in the middle seat they're still on the carpet.

My logic was this, they're floor mats, no need to spend a lot of money on them. As long as they perform, who cares what brand, or how perfect they are. Nifty was cheaper, and covered more floor space than the weathertechs. That's what sold me.
John - Rose Clifford - '03 F350 7.3, A/T, Reg Cab, NEW 2012 Long Bed (pics), DP F6 [stock, no start, low idle, hi idle, 40t, 80e, 120r, 140ss] Foil Delete (pics), 6637, Hutch/Harpoon, 6.5" ProComp lift, BFG AT 295/75/16, Warn Manual Lockers, 4" straight pipe, Fumoto, 155k, B100 (summer)
Fixes; Non-Serviceable HPOP Plug, passenger fuel line pop
2011 VW Jetta TDI - Daily Driver
Old 11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Avid Winter Hater

Middle seat, what is that?
Old 11-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Posting Guru

Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCMK View Post
Middle seat, what is that?
I've got 40/20/40.....If that's your case then go with Weathertech's....they fit better than Nifty's and have a better design, they drain out under the door, and clear it well. My Nifty's just trap everything and they require a little bit of attention when cleaning...the Weathertechs can just get religiously wiped and washed
John - Rose Clifford - '03 F350 7.3, A/T, Reg Cab, NEW 2012 Long Bed (pics), DP F6 [stock, no start, low idle, hi idle, 40t, 80e, 120r, 140ss] Foil Delete (pics), 6637, Hutch/Harpoon, 6.5" ProComp lift, BFG AT 295/75/16, Warn Manual Lockers, 4" straight pipe, Fumoto, 155k, B100 (summer)
Old 12-13-2011, 02:37 PM
New User

darrelf150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I guess I am going to go with the weathertech's. This just confirms all the good things I have heard about them already. Most people that have them, absolutely love them, from what I gathered.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Posting Guru

You'll definitely be happy with them, their only downside is the price.

You get what you pay for though. Enjoy!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Senior User

ThirdsACharm is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just got my new weathertechs last night. Had them in my previous truck - i think they are the best fit/function for a floorliner.

3 Days ago I picked up a giant coke that didnt fit in the cupholder and on a turn it hit the passenger floor. So they are good to have even if you don't have bad winters - helps if you're accident prone too!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:46 PM
New User

JonFord150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought mine from Auto zone decent price, Deep wells to catch snow and Ice, that would be my pick
Old 12-22-2011, 04:37 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
Since you're from iowa, how bout the "Newt" - its large, very absorbant, (grin- yeah I know I shouldn't do that!)
Old 12-22-2011, 04:37 PM