1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

New Toy arrived

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 11:25 PM
ZFLASH
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ralphhood3
Zflash, I put the CPP power booster in my 48 and love it. It uses the stock pedal and mounts in the factory location under the cab. Comes with everything you need to install it except brake fluid and it's only $300. Only thing I added was their remote fill reservoir so I could too off the fluid from under the hood instead of crawling under the truck or pulling back the carpet in the cab. For the price and quality, I'd highly recommend the CPP power kit for the 48-52's.

Ralph
Thanks Ralph for getting back to me, where do I order this kit? Also, by the sound of it, it's a simple bolt on. Do you use the same brakes that are on there now, or do these need to be changed out too? Thanks again for ya'lls (Texas word) help and input. L8R ZFLASH (Derrick)

Old 10-30-2011, 11:32 PM
ZFLASH
Tuned
Originally Posted by ben73058
Hey Flash,
Welcome aboard! Can you post some more pics? I'd like to see inside a bit more. The back end of my '50 F1 below might make you feel more at home here... I always liked those vette tail lights...

Ben in Austin
Hey Ben, like the lights. Having to go to a funeral tomorrow, if I have time afterwards I'll take a few. It has new gauges and pretty much a smooth dash accept for the light and horn switches. The popper buttons are mounted under the dash. L8R ZFLASH

Old 11-03-2011, 10:50 PM
ralphhood3
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zflash, I sent you a PM with all the details on the kit. You should be able to order directly from CPP on their site, but if not just give them a call and ask who the local distributor is for them in your area, I got mine from one of their dealers who happens to live about 1/2 mile from my house.

As long as you get the right kit it'll work with the original brakes (drum/drum kit). There's no difference in brakes for powered, it's just the booster, so just make sure you get the disc or drum kit for what you have. My truck had disc brakes on an MII IFS and 9inch rear when I bought it, it's just the previous idiot, I mean owner tried to run 4 wheel disc brakes off the original signal bowl master cylinder, and the truck wouldnt stop if you had a five mile runway in front of you. Now I can stop pretty much on a dime, and all I did was install the CPP booster kit and new hard lines (I didn't trust the lines the PO used).

Ralph

Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 PM
ZFLASH
Tuned
Originally Posted by ralphhood3
Zflash, I sent you a PM with all the details on the kit. You should be able to order directly from CPP on their site, but if not just give them a call and ask who the local distributor is for them in your area, I got mine from one of their dealers who happens to live about 1/2 mile from my house.

As long as you get the right kit it'll work with the original brakes (drum/drum kit). There's no difference in brakes for powered, it's just the booster, so just make sure you get the disc or drum kit for what you have. My truck had disc brakes on an MII IFS and 9inch rear when I bought it, it's just the previous idiot, I mean owner tried to run 4 wheel disc brakes off the original signal bowl master cylinder, and the truck wouldnt stop if you had a five mile runway in front of you. Now I can stop pretty much on a dime, and all I did was install the CPP booster kit and new hard lines (I didn't trust the lines the PO used).

Ralph
Thanks Ralph, I got it. I'm running disc/drum I think, I've really haven't checked . Spent the whole day in the audio shop putting in new door poppers, didn't get a chance to do much more. Off in the A.M. tomorrow, will try to order then. Thanks again for your help. L8R ZFLASH