General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Rep history

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 07:49 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
The bride and I (with granddaughter) are going to drive from Montana to Alaska summer of 2015........any words of wisdom...??
Take plenty of mosquito repellent !

Old 11-01-2013, 07:53 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
This is not just for Roy but for all of us; Let's keep the politics out of this thread, please. The rules are that the Club is the only place politics is allowed.
I would like to see that this thread continues into the next millennium !

Old 11-02-2013, 01:37 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Skip.........Go Patriot...GO.......

Also.....The bride and I (with granddaughter) are going to drive from Montana to Alaska summer of 2015........any words of wisdom...??

bring a blindfold for the bride, once she sees real alaskan men she might not go back with you.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:05 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Skip1970
bring a blindfold for the bride, once she sees real alaskan men she might not go back with you.
LOL Skip!!!...

My family is heading to AK in June of 2014.

Flying into Fairbanks and spending some time up there.

Driving down thru Denali and then spending 4 days in Talketna...over July 4th actually...so we'll see the parade there...I'm sure no fireworks due to mostly daylight that time of year?

Then we'll head to Anchorage for a couple of nights before taking the train to Seward and then driving over to Homer where we'll relax at a beautiful vacation rental home for nights overlooking Kachemak Bay before driving back up to Anchorage for 2 more nights and then flying to Seattle and finally flying home out of Portland...

We're STOKED to be finally getting up to Alaska...unlike Roy...I am not brave enough to drive my bus up there so I'll let Hertz rentals be my chariot!

After next summer this will give the girls 45 states at 15 and almost 17 years old (both of which have met Roy before)...not too bad for them...huh!...I've been given the assignment by my 16 year old that she wants to have all 50 before she graduates high school...well next year she'll be a junior...we may be able to make it!

they need RI, CT (one trip to see my sis in NJ and a short drive) and then the ones I've been avoiding...(LOL)...AK, MS and LA...I'm thinking a trip to Memphis (Graceland) is in order...then AK and MS are right there...but LA may be a tough one...well you have New Orleans...and as long as I avoid Fat Tuesday...LOL...

Joe.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
well u guys need to get hold of us up here when you get around, we can have a visit.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:16 AM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that this thread is based off of what was later deemed not cool by IB. But, I want to share that I finally got above 10k rep points !

Old 11-03-2013, 07:51 AM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's great! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 11-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,987 Likes on 1,594 Posts
Originally Posted by JWA
That's most likely a common opinion----humble or otherwise its a great sentiment IMHO of course!

Were it me traveling that distance with two women I'd learn to carefully measure my words before speaking----about anything------just sayin'!

What's the purpose of the trip Roy?
To enjoy the scenery and visit Alaska......

Old 11-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by shorebird
Take plenty of mosquito repellent !
Will do.....I've heard that one from Darren in Edmonton...

Originally Posted by shorebird
This is not just for Roy but for all of us; Let's keep the politics out of this thread, please. The rules are that the Club is the only place politics is allowed.
I would like to see that this thread continues into the next millennium !
Aye Aye Sir ! I agree, thanks for the reminder.

She was married to a Great Man for 20 years that died 4 years ago from cancer...a Marine.
Now she is married to a Sailor..........She is happy...

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
LOL Skip!!!...

My family is heading to AK in June of 2014.

Flying into Fairbanks and spending some time up there.

Driving down thru Denali and then spending 4 days in Talketna...over July 4th actually...so we'll see the parade there...I'm sure no fireworks due to mostly daylight that time of year?

Then we'll head to Anchorage for a couple of nights before taking the train to Seward and then driving over to Homer where we'll relax at a beautiful vacation rental home for nights overlooking Kachemak Bay before driving back up to Anchorage for 2 more nights and then flying to Seattle and finally flying home out of Portland...

We're STOKED to be finally getting up to Alaska...unlike Roy...I am not brave enough to drive my bus up there so I'll let Hertz rentals be my chariot!

After next summer this will give the girls 45 states at 15 and almost 17 years old (both of which have met Roy before)...not too bad for them...huh!...I've been given the assignment by my 16 year old that she wants to have all 50 before she graduates high school...well next year she'll be a junior...we may be able to make it!

they need RI, CT (one trip to see my sis in NJ and a short drive) and then the ones I've been avoiding...(LOL)...AK, MS and LA...I'm thinking a trip to Memphis (Graceland) is in order...then AK and MS are right there...but LA may be a tough one...well you have New Orleans...and as long as I avoid Fat Tuesday...LOL...

Joe.
Joe......Ya need to drive it....

well u guys need to get hold of us up here when you get around, we can have a visit.
Will do Skip......

Old 11-04-2013, 09:54 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by KingBigJoe
I know that this thread is based off of what was later deemed not cool by IB. But, I want to share that I finally got above 10k rep points !
That's awesome Joe!

I'm close to 20K...but the powers that be decided that only they could play the game a certain way...so...as they say...they took the ball...and I went home...too bad I really like the peeps here...that is what makes this site...it's the common folk...not the bosses...just sayin'...

Old 11-05-2013, 08:11 AM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they took the ball...and I went home...
There, there little buddy... They're watching, be vewy vewy quiet...

Old 11-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

That's awesome Joe!

I'm close to 20K...but the powers that be decided that only they could play the game a certain way...so...as they say...they took the ball...and I went home...too bad I really like the peeps here...that is what makes this site...it's the common folk...not the bosses...just sayin'...
11897.............Could be Cookies........could be........

Old 11-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Life is Goooood.......and I am going to enjoy it.......

Have a Great Navy Day all ye Fine Folks..............

Old 11-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Slip ford man
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skip.........Go Patriot...GO.......

Also.....The bride and I (with granddaughter) are going to drive from Montana to Alaska summer of 2015........any words of wisdom...??

Absolutely a beautiful state, have a great time up there!...skitters are real bad in the low lands

Old 11-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Slip ford man
Absolutely a beautiful state, have a great time up there!...skitters are real bad in the low lands
Howdy.....I have lived in NH where bear traps are used for the skitters.....

I have heard that they are "man" eaters.........

Have you driven the trip to Alaska ?

Roy

Quick Reply: Rep history