General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Rep history

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,946 Likes on 1,580 Posts
Originally Posted by ctubutis
Yes, I get comments on that avatar fairly regularly, you're doing the right thing by not judging someone based on a postage-stamp-sized picture.

One can click the QR code in my sig and read a full explanation of the bra.
EXactly I thank you for reading my Post..... I'll share something here that I very seldom do....... There is a common saying in a Group that I have been an Active Member of since Feb of 1979.
........"Live and Let Live" ......... Some may know this is from the Book of Alcoholics Anonymous. One of the Living problems that all of us have had to overcome, is the belief that "My way is the best and only way" I used to belive and behave as if everyone needed to listen to me and subscribe to MY way or thay were wrong and deserved my wrath. Today I and millions of my fellow AA members know and live different.
My I suggest that all members of FTE consider..."Live and Let Live"..

One last note.....and this is why I hesitate to relate the information above. Please!!! anyone who reads this...Do NOT think I am down on drinking. I just can't. Nor do judge others drinking quanity or ....???..

Thanks for listening

Old 07-10-2012, 11:10 AM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
but you have to remember we're all human and sometimes when someone throws a turd in the punch bowl...folks get upset...
Okay, everyone take a deep breath. Oh wait, not around the punch bowl. Okay, point taken about the red things. I will mention them no more. Sorry about that everyone, meant no harm.

Attached Images  
Old 07-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by TXtinct
Okay, everyone take a deep breathe. Oh wait, not around the punch bowl. Okay, point taken about the red things. I will mention them no more. Sorry about that everyone, meant no harm.
That's a Cat!! You're just trying to fool me

Really...... Thank you for the Post. Sometimes words are mistaken. I think many of us knew you were joking..... But........

Old 07-10-2012, 11:36 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Krewat
Something can always be done to the effect of changing your user tag to "REP WH0R3" when you hit a certain limit of gratuitous rep-giving...

Or automatically decrementing your own rep points.

Just sayin'
You guys need to lighten up a bit - just sayin'

Old 07-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
I did, too. Took me 5 years, but I didn't do it artificially.

To those who cheat, go look up on google how the rep points you give out are calculated (answer will come from a vbulletin support site, it's a Calculus equation). Even if you artificially increase your greenies, your repping power remains low.

So, while you can stick a pair of socks in your pants to make yourself look bigger, it's an illusion that won't gain you any respect amongst your peers.
Originally Posted by Action4478
It took me 6 years to earn mine ..
It took me almost 5 years too, to max out on the green squares.

Perhaps it means nothing to people who have been here for a while and do it "for fun" in the social forums, but it's entirely different in the technical forums, especially to newbies who are looking for help and use it as a means of judging if a contributor knows what he's talking about or not.
I completely agree my friend. Unfortunately, there is no way to separate tech greenies from social greenies.

There is an active, regular FTE user that has stated he earned all of his greenies over time, solely for posts in GNAC. He didn't get them for tech posts.

Does that make his box of greenies less important than mine, earned for tech posts and not in GNAC?

I guess one could argue, but only if they feel greenies are important.

As I've stated before, if a female user can register and start posting on FTE, and 3 months later be maxed out on green squares, it's obvious the system doesn't work the way some of us had initially thought the system would work.

Stewart

Old 07-10-2012, 11:46 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Krewat
You guys need to lighten up a bit - just sayin'

I love Sgt. Hulka in this scene...

Psyco - Lighten up Francis - YouTube

Old 07-10-2012, 11:51 AM
TXtinct

Oh, that's a classic. I love that movie. Will you post the whole thing for me please? I'm kinda bored here at the office.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:54 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Can't post the whole thing...but in keeping "on-topic" for this thread...LOL...

Check this out about on-line REPUTATION...the first chick is crazy scary...ha-ha

Reputation Management (888)839-3219 - YouTube

Old 07-10-2012, 12:01 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Well folks, this has been fun but as with most things in life, this has come to an end for me. I appreciate all the kind words, camaraderie, reps, and friendships I've received while participating in this and the other thread.

I spread many reps in the tech forums as well and from this point on, those forums will be my focus. With nine forums to moderate and co-moderate, I've barely got time to cover those with the increased workload at my job.

Thanks to you all and continue to enjoy this great Site. Without you folks and the rest of our members, FTE would not be the great Site it is today.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:04 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
I've spread MY allotment how I chose today...

10/24 for Tuesday...

over and out...

Joe.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by powerstroke72
Well folks, this has been fun but as with most things in life, this has come to an end for me. I appreciate all the kind words, camaraderie, reps, and friendships I've received while participating in this and the other thread.

I spread many reps in the tech forums as well and from this point on, those forums will be my focus. With nine forums to moderate and co-moderate, I've barely got time to cover those with the increased workload at my job.

Thanks to you all and continue to enjoy this great Site. Without you folks and the rest of our members, FTE would not be the great Site it is today.
Then leave the Dark side and come over to the Silly side......

Old 07-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had an epiphany -

"In what way is what you are doing, any different from the fast-track tactics that I develop in all of the video games I am fascinated with?"

And there it is - if there is an EXPLOIT available, and it harms no-one, what difference does it really make?

In a real-view perspective it IS a game

And in the long run it just doesn't matter.

What kicked me as I thought it over in the last several hours was that Ken Payne wanted it all to mean so much AND I FOUGHT AGAINST HIM ABOUT IT long ago............

In the end, it's just a toy provided by the forums.

~I still like to think that I have earned what I got, but y'all do what you want to and don't worry about it.

Maybe next year gel-soft will come up with a different set of boards

Whoopie ding

If the system can be got around, it invalidates itself completely, doesn't it?

DO NOT rep me for this comment. I don't want any reps from this thread and never did

Please, NO MORE

The only ones I care about are honestly earned

Old 07-10-2012, 12:26 PM
TXtinct

Originally Posted by powerstroke72

It's been fun little monkey... Happy techin'.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Greywolf
I've had an epiphany -

"In what way is what you are doing, any different from the fast-track tactics that I develop in all of the video games I am fascinated with?"

And there it is - if there is an EXPLOIT available, and it harms no-one, what difference does it really make?

In a real-view perspective it IS a game

And in the long run it just doesn't matter.

What kicked me as I thought it over in the last several hours was that Ken Payne wanted it all to mean so much AND I FOUGHT AGAINST HIM ABOUT IT long ago............

In the end, it's just a toy provided by the forums.

~I still like to think that I have earned what I got, but y'all do what you want to and don't worry about it.

Maybe next year gel-soft will come up with a different set of boards

Whoopie ding

If the system can be got around, it invalidates itself completely, doesn't it?

DO NOT rep me for this comment. I don't want any reps from this thread and never did

Please, NO MORE

The only ones I care about are honestly earned
Thank You for your Post.. Well presented, balanced view
Have Fun Sailor

Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 PM
TXtinct

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Thank You for your Post.. Well presented, balanced view
Have Fun Sailor
X2 on that, reps sent. Oh, I mean... Nevermind.

Quick Reply: Rep history