1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Mid-Fifty RANT

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 11:40 AM
POS-F500
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mid-Fifty RANT

I ordered a few parts from them a few days ago. I have also ordered parts from a couple different companies over a week ago. The Mid-Fifty stuff came in yesterday, and I still haven't seen the parts from other companies that I ordered over a week prior.
Their shipping was also cheaper than all the competitors from what I could figure; and the trans crossmember was a super-nice looking tubular mount instead of the flat steel one I was originally going to buy to save some money.

They also threw in a couple free goodies, gave me a courtesy call that it was being shipped, and all for less money and quicker shipping than what I could find online.

Just cruising through their catalog and seeing the way they write, and their prices ensures I'll be shopping from them from now on.

So, the rant part is they made the other companies I bought from look silly. And they don't sell Camaro parts and 57 Chevy parts... they'd have my business with those too.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Lakotas53
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just wondering when I saw your thread title! I have never had anything but good experiences from MF and your right they even gave me a call to see if I needed some other stuff that goes with what I bought. I always look for the candy goodies in the bottom of the box! LOL The wife says I look just like a kid looking for the prize in the cracker Jack boxes of old! Great company, great customer service!

Old 10-27-2011, 03:55 PM
fking1
Elder User
Have bought tons of parts from MF.
A- one company, no prob with returns and always good service.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:56 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,119 Likes on 2,649 Posts
I read this with interest too as I've never had a problem with them. Glad you didn't either. Although my last order came without the tootsie rolls. Maybe I do have a complaint,lol

Old 10-27-2011, 04:13 PM
wilsel
Senior User
So lucky! Those of us with earlier trucks are stuck with LMC. They don't even give you the right screws half the time, and the shipping costs are outrageous.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:15 PM
old_dan
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Good to know...I haven't used Mid Fifty but I'll take a look next time I need anything.

Summit made me laugh this week...I use them often. Generally, If I go on-line & order in the afternoon, they ship the same day by UPS ground from Reno & I get the parts the next day. This week I ordered 8 spark plugs for my boat...the nickel plated kind...3 were shipped from Reno and those have arrived...three are coming from Ohio and two more from Ohio on a seperate order. I'm not sure what they were thinking, but everything else has been spot on including my wheels which they had drop shipped from US Wheel.

Dan

Old 10-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by wilsel
So lucky! Those of us with earlier trucks are stuck with LMC. They don't even give you the right screws half the time, and the shipping costs are outrageous.
Wilsel, did you know that Classic Haulers is owned by I think Mid-Fifty's sister.
Classic Haulers F-1 Parts - Home

Babes that know their trucks, does it get any better?

Old 10-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
Wilsel, did you know that Classic Haulers is owned by I think Mid-Fifty's sister.
Classic Haulers F-1 Parts - Home

Babes that know their trucks, does it get any better?
Exactly! The owners of the 2 companies are indeed sisters. Top notch! Classic Haulers is in Indiana. They deal with the 48-52 parts. Mid-Fifty is in California.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:04 PM
wilsel
Senior User
Never heard of Classic Haulers, thanks fellas!

Old 10-27-2011, 05:41 PM
jaye
Posting Guru
I live just a little over an hour from DC & NPD however, I still order from MF great personnel and parts!

Old 10-27-2011, 06:24 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
I recently ordered from Classic Haulers, I think I talked to Candy? Very friendly lady with a nice disposition. I told her we talk highly about her here on FTE. I got the parts a day or two later. I'll be going back if I need something else.

I bypassed buying from a local guy, about 25 miles from me because I've dealt with him the past and wasn't impressed with his attitude. He has inconvenient hours so I'd either have to leave work early or have him ship the parts which would probably cost the save as from Classic Haulers.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Wayne S
Elder User
Classic Haulers is the best there is for 48-52 trucks.
I live less than two hours from them so when I am
ready to buy I just drive there and get them.
Great people to deal with.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:10 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
All things being equal, Mid-Fifties is my first stop.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:30 AM
maverickman514
Senior User
I have not yet ordered a single item from ANY of the catalogs I have amassed, but when I am ready, Mid-Fifty will be getting the call. Their prices are on par, or better, and from what I read on here, their service is incomperable. Why give to the greedy corprate types, when I can buy from real classic truck enthusiasts and get candy to boot? lol

Old 10-28-2011, 09:44 AM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by maverickman514
I have not yet ordered a single item from ANY of the catalogs I have amassed, but when I am ready, Mid-Fifty will be getting the call. Their prices are on par, or better, and from what I read on here, their service is incomperable. Why give to the greedy corprate types, when I can buy from real classic truck enthusiasts and get candy to boot? lol
Being from Indiana you could talk to Candie at Classic Haulers, Classic Haulers F-1 Parts - Home ,and get around some if not all the shipping cost by picking it up at there shop. As was said before Mid Fifty and Classic Haulers are sister (pun intended) companies. They are in Franklin Indiana.
brian...

Quick Reply: Mid-Fifty RANT