Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Posting Guru

honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.
Looking forward to seeing your pics and impressions Mike.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Elder User

1fixitman has a very good reputation on FTE.1fixitman has a very good reputation on FTE.1fixitman has a very good reputation on FTE.
Dwayne Dotson
I believe this is the link you guys or gals may be looking for. It is the IH upgrade write up. I hope it ok to post on our site as it goes thru another site and then comes back to our site for the PDF file.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...Dg61XQ&cad=rja
and if you want the direct link on our site it is here.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=62394&%3Bd=1349603865

Just type in IH Water pump upgrade in google and the fun begins.
I know it is petty and I am begging but my green dots above could use some love. I am at about 165 points and I do contribute a lot on this site.
Dwayne
Dwayne Early 1999 F250 2WD Extended cab. 190k B.E.S.T. Map CCV re-route, 50 cent mod, EBPV delete w/ blank pedestal, Resistor installed, 6637 filter w/pete's cover, Used 38R and Intl Up pipes(thanks for the great deal and getting that clamp back on...Jason), billet Plenums, new boots and clamps, AE, Stancor style GPR $38 http://www.aerialequipmentparts.com/...586-105111.htm. Window tint, Hutch and Harpoon mod, Parts on bench: HPOP re-seal kit, ICP, IPR, CPS, FRx, 4 way heater hose valve for cold AC mod, .

Last edited by 1fixitman; 11-21-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: More info
Old 11-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Let the greenies worry about themselves, Dwane. They'll come, all in due time.

Patience, grasshopper......

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 11-21-2012, 12:27 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Go hang out in GNAC and post your thoughts on politics or post jokes. You'll get a bunch.

Or post up that you're a female and you'll be maxed out within a couple months.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Proud Sheepdog

Nicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Go hang out in GNAC and post your thoughts on politics or post jokes. You'll get a bunch.

Or post up that you're a female and you'll be maxed out within a couple months.

Stewart
LOL!! Now THAT is funny!!!
2001 Excursion 4x4 7.3L, 4" turbo back, AIS, 910 Springs, Melling M208, HPx, FRx, Bellowed, Hutched, V coded, AIH/EBPV/foil delete, F350 rear sway, Derale tranny pan, drilled/slotted, T444e water pump, Fumoto, Glowshift TM/DV - EGT fuel and boost, 245k All modifications installed by ME!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:39 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
And true.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Yup.

Greenies don't really mean much around here, insofar as technical abilities.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 12-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Proud Sheepdog

Nicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud ofNicmike has much to be proud of
Everything has arrived for the pump install. Now I need to wait for the weekend to do the job. All the parts came in at just under $250 total. I could have saved money by not getting the fittings from JEGS, but everything else was as cheap as I could find it. IH was the only place to get the 110 mm long bolts without waiting a week for shipping. There are three spots on the pump face where I will need to file down MINOR imperfections. The pump is assembled in USA...cast in China. It has a seriously heavy duty bearing in it, and is waaayyyyy heavier than the stock aluminum pump.THE LARGER BLUE FITTING IN THIS PHOTO IS NOT NEEDED UNLESS YOU HAVE AN OBS TRUCK
Attached Images

2001 Excursion 4x4 7.3L, 4" turbo back, AIS, 910 Springs, Melling M208, HPx, FRx, Bellowed, Hutched, V coded, AIH/EBPV/foil delete, F350 rear sway, Derale tranny pan, drilled/slotted, T444e water pump, Fumoto, Glowshift TM/DV - EGT fuel and boost, 245k All modifications installed by ME!

Last edited by Nicmike; 12-07-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: NEW INFO
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Proud Sheepdog

Since the pump is cast iron, I am going to paint it Ford blue to keep rust off/out. I already have the paint, so no cost there. Just need to file down the boss right above the filter bypass valve. No letters/numbers cast near the pulley either, so no grinding there (as some have had to do).
Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Elder User

bakerbuilttracks is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicmike View Post
Everything has arrived for the pump install. Now I need to wait for the weekend to do the job. All the parts came in at just under $250 total. I could have saved money by not getting the fittings from JEGS, but everything else was as cheap as I could find it. IH was the only place to get the 110 mm long bolts without waiting a week for shipping. There are three spots on the pump face where I will need to file down MINOR imperfections. The pump is assembled in USA...cast in China. It has a seriously heavy duty bearing in it, and is waaayyyyy heavier than the stock aluminum pump.
Jealous even though i just replaced the wp on mine like 2 weeks ago ...... I will be doing this when the pump fails next go round. Any way you can post a parts list with part # to all the parts to do the job while you got everything on the table. That would be great and save a parts hunt for my self and others in the future. Congrats and again IM JEALOUS !
BAKERBUILT TRACKS 1999.5 F-250 7.3L SD 4x4, EDGE EVOLUTION MONITOR (for gauges and code reader ), DP-TUNER F6, MBRP 4" TURBO BACK, S&B COLD AIR INTAKE, CCV MOD, WICKED WHEEL, RR IC BOOTS, BD WASTEGATE ACTUATOR, FRx, HPX, IH BELLOWED UP-PIPES, 6.0 TRANS COOLER, 4R100 with (RV T/C, STIFFER ACCUMULATOR SPRINGS, VALVE BODY ), FOIL DELETE, HUTCH and HARPOON, TRAIN HORNS, 35x12.50x20 TOYO A/T II's,
Old 12-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Posting Guru

honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.honeydew has a very good reputation on FTE.
Looking forward to your install impressions Mike. Did you see the post somewhere about replacing the filter valve orings with viton?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Proud Sheepdog

Yes, there is a pack of ten Viton o-rings in that photo next to the pump.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Senior User

th67ss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That would be great if you could give a parts list.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Proud Sheepdog

Parts list has already been given in post #17, but I will do another that I modified from that one.

I am using all new bolts on my pump, however you MAY RE-USE your old bolts to save some money. These are low torque bolts, so your old ones are fine if you are on a tight budget. You will need to buy just a couple of bolts to go with your old ones - 2 x 60mm and 1 x 110mm if you re-use the old bolts.

You need to decide what type of coolant you will be using BEFORE you buy a filter to put on this pump (non-SCA vs SCA charged). Fleetguard WF2071 coolant filter w/4 SCA is an option/example that you would use with the green coolant. Thoroughly flush the system before doing this upgrade regardless of whether you are switching coolant type or not. You need to get everything out of the system (sand and other contaminants) to make this pump really go the distance for you.

Here is another version of the same list from post #17 with parts I did not need/use on my 2001 7.3L removed: (most of the credit for this list goes to FTE member TARM)

1831676C92 The Water Pump (I got this at Bus Parts Experts) $145 shipped

1817958C1 [x3] Bolt M8 x 1.25 x 30mm (Lowes-in stock) 3=$2

1817811C1 [x2] Bolt M8 x 1.25 x 60mm (Lowes-in stock) 2=$2

1818693C1 [x4] Bolt M8 x 1.25 x 110mm (International or NAPA has them in stock) 4=$11

Stant 205° #14252 (thermostat) I haven't bought mine yet...still deciding which to go with. *****YOU CANNOT USE A LONG STEM THERMOSTAT ON THIS PUMP ACCORDING TO OTHERS WHO HAVE DONE THIS***** In looking at my new pump, I am 100% sure this is correct. Other options for the short thermostat are Gates #33180/Car Quest#329-72/Napa #371-203 for the 203* thermo. O'Reilly's part number is 4252 for another option.

NAPA FM124 Flexihose Radiator Hose $52 and the Gates Green stripe flex hose #26517 - also $52 at O'Reilly's OUCH!!!

3/4 NPT to 1" male hose barb THIS PART IS ONLY NEEDED FOR AN OBS TRUCK( I bought 45 degree from JEGS) 1=$19.99 You can save a lot of money here and the one below by going local or using straight fittings...about $8-10 per fitting.

1/2 NPT to 5/8 male hose barb ( I bought 45 degree from JEGS) 1=$14.99

-205 Viton o-ring (I bought from the o-ring store dot com) 10=$5

Ford/New Holland water filter #CF4900 (you can get these filters in various brands anywhere with/without SCA charge e.g. NAPA 4070 for non-SCA or 4071 with SCA charge) 1=$11 with SCA or 1=$6 without SCA

6' of 5/8 heater hose (any auto-parts store) $9.

I could have done this for around $220 if I had been more patient with my parts buying and gotten non-45 degree hose fittings locally, a non-SCA filter from someone like Fleetfilter.com, and re-used my old bolts.

I think this is it. Let me know if I left anything out. I will find out this weekend if you guys don't notice anything obvious.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Proud Sheepdog

5/8 Heater hose: 6 ft=$9 at AdvanceAuto

Also, IH makes a thermo for this cast iron pump. Heavy duty wrap-around gasket and made in USA. But, it is very pricey. $47!!!!

The party starts tomorrow. Will be taking lots of pics. You guys think I should start a new thread?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 PM