Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Senior User

hodges710 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Heater control valve

Where is the heater control valve at on a 1998 Expedition (4.6). thanks
Old 10-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Posting Guru

pdqford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.pdqford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There's a heater control valve?
http://www.fuelly.com/sig-us/50500.png
Old 10-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Freshman User

TerryB99 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I do not think most Ford's have one. I think coolant flows thru the heater core all the time.

Maybe better than having coolant just sit in the heater core all during warmer months

2000 Lincoln Navigator 4WD 72K miles
2000 Grand Marquis LS 117K miles
Old 10-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Postmaster

Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.
I don't believe there is a control valve per se. The engine coolant is always circulating throughout the system and the infamous blend door controls the heat or cooling you get in the cabin of the truck. I believe there is a vacuum operated valve on the F250's and Excursions, but not sure. You may have to repair the blend door and there are many posts regarding this.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:56 AM
Senior User

Thanks for the replies, I have found outt hat there is no HCV and I have already visualy inspected the blend door and it works good. I believe i am going to think i have a clogged heater core and/or line. thanks
Old 10-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Postmaster

Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.
You might try reverse flushing the heater core to clear it. Have you ever used any kind of radiator stop leak stuff in your truck?
Old 10-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Mel View Post
You might try reverse flushing the heater core to clear it. Have you ever used any kind of radiator stop leak stuff in your truck?
no I have not use any kind of stuff like that, I will do the flushing and see what comes of it. With the rear unit, is there anything to do or should i flush the whole deal for the heat in rear is alittle warmer than front but nothing you would want to be in a long time in the winter in the new england area. thanks
Old 10-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Postmaster

I would try flushing the whole system with plain water. I am not a fan of the corrosive radiator flush products as they can cause even bigger problems. It could be something as simple as a blockage at the hose connection at the engine or in the hose itself.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Mel View Post
I would try flushing the whole system with plain water. I am not a fan of the corrosive radiator flush products as they can cause even bigger problems. It could be something as simple as a blockage at the hose connection at the engine or in the hose itself.
Thanks
Old 10-22-2011, 08:52 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator

Tags
03, 2002, 2003, 60l, 99, control, expedition, expedtion, fix, ford, heater, lincoln, navigator, sport, trac, valve