Tech Day/GTG in San Antonio area ****UPDATED****

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 279 Likes on 142 Posts
Tech Day/GTG in San Antonio area ****UPDATED****

Not sure if I have to go through anybody for this, but here goes:

I was out in San Antonio last weekend and met with a few fellow FTE'rs and TXtinct and Vinny suggested possibly doing a tech day the first or second week before Thanksgiving.

So far (that I know of) we have:

Toreador_Diesel (myself)
TXtinct
Future_LEO
Vinny Mastrodomenico

We still don't have a location nailed down yet, but I'll be having a word with some of the locals to see what can be arranged.

If you're interested, please reply or shoot me a PM. Thanks

Old 10-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
We've settled on the weekend of the 12th and 13th since it's Veteran's day weekend and it'll be easier to get everyone together.

So far we have:

TXtinct (and possible friends in low places)
Toreador_Diesel (myself)
Vinny Mastrodomenico
dosecobanya
Future_LEO
strokin'_tatsch (pending)

While ideas are being kicked around, we're still trying to figure out where to hold this since Super Duties and Excursions are not small vehicles and require some space to work on; so if anybody knows some where, please reply or PM me.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Updated

Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
We've settled on the weekend of the 12th and 13th since it's Veteran's day weekend and it'll be easier to get everyone together.

So far we have:

TXtinct (and possible friends in low places)
Toreador_Diesel (myself)
Vinny Mastrodomenico
dosecobanya
Future_LEO
strokin'_tatsch (pending)

While ideas are being kicked around, we're still trying to figure out where to hold this since Super Duties and Excursions are not small vehicles and require some space to work on; so if anybody knows some where, please reply or PM me.

This has gone from a "possible tech day" to an "all-out tech day" and while this is all good and well, we need to find a place to host this event.

The pending locations fell through, so we're still looking for somewhere to host tech day.

If you know of somewhere in the San Antonio area that can host 10-12 trucks for tech day/gtg, please reply or PM me!

Old 11-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Truck Source Diesel & Off road will be hosting this event and all are welcome.

They are located at:

4404 North Ih 35 North Ste 102
San Antonio, TX 78232
(Google maps is a little, if not completely deceiving, so I'll reply with better directions)

We will be turning wrenches on trucks and hanging out at the shop from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Thereafter, we'll get lunch and see where the day leads us...

If you have some mods install, this is THE weekend to get it done as there will be many skilled hands and tools to help get it done.

I will be working with Chris at Truck Source Diesel & Off road for discounted pricing on aftermarket and performance parts. So if you're looking for something and time is an issue, please PM me what you're looking for and we'll see what can be arranged.

As far as food: I'm working with Matt aka TXtinct to find a few good restauraunts in the area and will reply with results.

So whether you need to work on your truck or just want to put faces to screenames, come on out!

Old 11-07-2011, 05:14 PM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I will be off this weekend so I may go. Will have to talk to the wife about it Wednesday after I get off.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:58 PM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This sounds AWESOME!!!! not entirely sure if i can make it. if I do I'll just stay at my Grandparents house in Canyon Lake for the weekend.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:18 AM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question. If I can go it will be with the wife and kid. Is there going to be anything going on for the family to do? I'm pretty sure the wife and kid won't want to sit around watching us guys work on trucks. Well, my daughter might she is always wanting to help me anytime I'm working on a truck.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
texans, check your inbox

Old 11-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Itinerary

The tech day/GTG is steadily approaching so here are the final details:

-Breakfast tacos will be provided by myself and TXtinct at 8:00 am Saturday morning

-We'll be hanging out and turning wrenches from 8:00am to 1:00pm

-Depending on the time it takes for mods/installs, we'll be leaving for lunch between 12:30pm and 1:30pm give or take.

- As far as lunch, Texas Roadhouse has agreed to accomodate us; so we'll be cruising up to Texas Roadhouse on I-10 and DeZavala. The address is below:

12790 Interstate 10 West
San Antonio, TX 78230

-After lunch, if there are any remaining projects, we'll work out an alternative location to tie up any loose ends.

If you are looking for anything (intake, exhaust, tuner, guages) Chris A at Truck Source Diesel has agreed to extend special pricing to our group. However, if there is something you're looking for, please let Chris know by Thursday if at all possible and they'll have it in by Saturday.

You can reach his shop at: 210-654-6767

Be sure to let him know you're with the FTE Tech Day/GTG group on Saturday.

As for where Truck Source Diesel is, it's a little tricky...

This is the google map from their old location to the strip center where the new location is. It's approximate, but will get you there:

4041 Rittiman Rd, San Antonio, TX 78218 to Truck Source Diesel & Off Road - Google Maps

I can't think of any further details, but please keep your eye on this thread for any last minute details...

Other than that, bring yourself, your mods, truck, tools and lets put some faces to names...I look forward to seeing you all and your nice CLEAN trucks, saturday morning.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Their shop is very easy to see from i35 and a pita to get to. I know I'm not super active on here like I was but I will try to make it out saturday. Do you want this to be fte only or something across a few forum boards?

Old 11-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979
Their shop is very easy to see from i35 and a pita to get to. I know I'm not super active on here like I was but I will try to make it out saturday. Do you want this to be fte only or something across a few forum boards?
This is mainly an FTE gig, but we could have a few others from other boards if they'd like to tag along.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Originally Posted by TXtinct
So tomorrow is the day, gonna do a little pre game with TD. Get primed if you will. Looking forward to it. What are the projects you guys are going to want to work on? I have a few but don't need to get them all done.
Definitely! Been looking forward to this GTG for weeks

So Matt raises a very good question: what all will need to be worked on? Myself and others brought tools and other necessary equipment to get whatever done, but specifics would be good.

Now a request on my part: I brought my AE with me to help diagnose issues, potential issues, and readjust speedometers etc, but the LCD on my laptop has failed and I'm now without a working laptop. So if anybody has a laptop they are willing to share to help out, please PM me or bring it with you tomorrow...Thanks!

Old 11-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
I could finally get around to hooking up my fuel psi gauge if I had ordered parts or sort out which bulb/ loss of power is not allowing mu gauge pod to illuminate. I will try to get there early tomorrow not really expecting to work on my truck though

Old 11-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
If you are headed south on i35 from austin you will take the ft sam houston exit. Go to the light turn left the turn left on the access road and follow it back north and the shop will be on your right.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
If headed north on i35 you will take the brook army medical exit and continue thru the light about a 1/4 of a mile the shop will be on the right. Just past the room store

Quick Reply: Tech Day/GTG in San Antonio area ****UPDATED****