Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2011, 08:36 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Coolant Line Diagram

Anybody have or knows of a link for a diagram of the coolant lines around the heater core, 2001 V10 4X4?

I have a leak that just started somewhere between the passenger side manifold and the firewall, I can't see exactly where it's coming from, but as soon as it builds pressure it sprays the manifold which causes it to steam. It drips down onto the rear of the front passenger side spring perch, so isolating it when its leaking is tough.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Posting Guru

housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.
This is the best I have, Steve. Hope it is enough. From the 2005 Service manual for v10

S5P~us~en~file=S5PC2004.pdf~gen~ref.pdf - PDF Archive

Click on the download file part to download the pdf

Bion
2005 EXCURSION now called "ZOMBIE CRUSHER" by the kids. XLT V10 Silver More mods than I want to think about.... (see my gallery)
Ford Towing Guides click here Ford Owners Manuals Click here
Watch out for the Zombies.....
Old 10-19-2011, 09:05 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Thanks Bion!

I think that might be what I was looking for, I'll check later when I get home!

Just hope the rain stops, it's really coming down up here!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Posting Guru

housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddesigns View Post
Thanks Bion!

I think that might be what I was looking for, I'll check later when I get home!

Just hope the rain stops, it's really coming down up here!

Raining like hell here in South Jersey too. Cold, pain giving rain.

I have had a LOT of broken bones and I'm eating Ibuprofen like candy.

Sore head to foot on days like this.

Bion
2005 EXCURSION now called "ZOMBIE CRUSHER" by the kids. XLT V10 Silver More mods than I want to think about.... (see my gallery)
Old 10-19-2011, 09:37 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by housedad View Post
Raining like hell here in South Jersey too. Cold, pain giving rain.

I have had a LOT of broken bones and I'm eating Ibuprofen like candy.

Sore head to foot on days like this.
Sorry to hear, hope it clears out fast!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:37 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Found the leak from the diagram you provided, if you look at the second page top left drawing, that hose connects to a metal tube on the back side of the motor and loops back under the intake manifold going to the water pump. The leak is the metal tube on backside of the motor before it bends back forward.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Posting Guru

Thankfully you found it.

now to find the dang part, eh?

Bion
Old 10-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Posting Guru

Ain't this place grand?

FTE. the place to fix your truck!!

Bion
Old 10-22-2011, 12:27 PM
VT Chapter Ldr

wildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputationwildstang has a superb reputation
So it is the metal tube? Much better than heater core.
Jim- Slackmaster #22, I'll get to it someday BS'er #6. 1996 F250 CC Shorty 4X4 E4OD 7.3L Diesel
Mods: 6637 air filter,203 F t-stat from Diesel Site-finally heat! HPX line, Tymar 3-4 dp to 4" exhaust, E4OD "The Cure" 30K mod for now, 140IDM mod, ISSPRO ev1 egt, trans temp, boost, adrenaline HPOP med-oil, superduty rear springs, 91 D60, 6.0 trans cooler, need 100hp more... 01 excursion 7.3 4x4
Old 10-22-2011, 02:58 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Here are the parts I ordered today to hopefully fix this issue...

(1) #4C3Z-18663-CA Heater Tube - Long tube that goes from the other end of the hose on page 2 (top left picture) to the water pump.

(1) #F75Z-8555-AA Tube Assembly - this piece has the fitting that goes into the back of the water pump and attaches to the tube.

(2) #N811415-S309 Stud - these are what hold what looks like tabs on the tube at the back of the block (these were ordered just in case).

Just a thought brought up in another thread, what other items will be needed, IE...new intake gaskets, o-rings, special tips or tricks to remove the intake manifold and adjacent parts to get to the heater tube?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Coolant Hose Diagram.pdf (162.0 KB, 206 views)
Old 10-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Looks like you've been buisy Steve
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 10-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Hopefully that takes care of it Steve. Looks like it will be fun replacing all of that.....NOT!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:06 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Well the coolant leak has been fixed, it was a pin hole on the tube opposite the nipple return, the cause looked to be sediment having a sand blasting effect inside the tube. The first picture shows the tube and the next one shows a closeup of the hole. The next picture just shows where on the back side of the water pump the tube connected.

The entire intake manifold had to be removed, it took about 5 hours from start to finish.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Well done Steve & cudos to your buddy with the shop
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
2003, 2005, 2008, 54l, 64, 73, coolant, coolent, diagram, diagrams, diesel, escape, excursion, f250, ford, line, lines, return, v10