Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Freshman User

m4ximusprim3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Shop recommendation- San Diego or Riverside

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at having somebody do some work on my F-350 (probably just intake and headers/exhaust, looking for a few extra HP without getting too deep into it).

Does anyone have a shop recommendation in San Diego or Riverside county? I know 460's aren't super uncommon and are pretty easy to work on, but I don't really want to just throw darts at the phone book if I can help it.

Thanks!
Max
Old 10-19-2011, 05:31 PM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
Bump. I know we have some SD people.

Are you looking for custom work or just to buy kits and bolt them on. Because bolt on kits are pretty easy.
- Trey PAA Member #110
"Jaws"- 2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
My How-To Video Library
SoCal Chapter Member (Join us HERE)
Old 10-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Freshman User

Probably not custom, just a bolt on kit like banks or something of the sort. Looking to keep the costs under $2500 or so, and just gain a little juice for pulling a heavy trailer up the local hills. I'd do the wrenching myself but my schedule is pretty tight for the next month and a half and I need the truck up and running for most of the time.

I was looking at 4 Wheel Parts in San Marcos, anyone have any experience with them? Their one google review is not glowing, but they seem to be the only one around my area. I'd rather go to a smaller shop if anyone knows of one though- I hate giving cash to chain stores.

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:23 PM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
The 4 wheel parts around here is pretty good.

If your open, you could look into asking a member to help you.
But thats up to you I understand if you want a shop, thats not unreasonable.
- Trey PAA Member #110
My How-To Video Library
Old 10-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Freshman User

I'd be amenable to someone who needed some extra cash doing the install, as long as they knew what they were doing I'd even throw in some free wine and avocados to sweeten the deal!

Does anybody on here that you know of have the time and the experience for a basic banks upgrade if I bought the pack?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:36 PM
My Backpack Gots Jets

Daz00Excursion has a good reputation on FTE.Daz00Excursion has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ximusprim3 View Post
I'd be amenable to someone who needed some extra cash doing the install, as long as they knew what they were doing I'd even throw in some free wine and avocados to sweeten the deal!

Does anybody on here that you know of have the time and the experience for a basic banks upgrade if I bought the pack?
I have a Shop that can do the work. but they are in Mission Viejo. i dont know how far you want to drive but this shop has done a lot work for me. Tuning my 97 Roush Mustang and my 95 Impala SS.I know the owner and he knows his stuff. Umberto Gizzi is his name. IMO he is the Ford guru down in Orange County. Been featured in Mustang Magazines and such. his prices are within reason. But with that comes a confidence that things will get done right the first time. its well worth the drive.

check them out
http://www.grcperformance.com
Old 10-20-2011, 10:43 PM
9 ECHO 1

If he was closer to me I'd offer to do it for him and save him a few bucks. But I'm a bit far.
- Trey PAA Member #110
My How-To Video Library
Old 10-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
If Mission Viejo isn't too far, Bud Anderson's shop, The Diesel Shop has a LOT of SoCal satisfied Powerstroke owners! See:
Bud's Shop Website

I believe you'll get a lot of endorsements here.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 10-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Senior User

SixGunCaliforniaKid is starting off with a positive reputation.
DaBoomhower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
If Mission Viejo isn't too far, Bud Anderson's shop, The Diesel Shop has a LOT of SoCal satisfied Powerstroke owners! See:
Bud's Shop Website

Pop
Wow hes got some decently priced gear on there.... Bookmarked
Old 10-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Bud's a good guy, and not in it for the "fast buck".

Pop
Old 10-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
Bud's Shop Website

Pop
He seems pretty diesel focused. Would they laugh me out of town if I showed up with a big block gasser?
Old 10-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Too old to be too smart

Guess I hang with too many diesel-types, and made the mistake of projecting.

Forget Bud's. He's diesel.

Sorry......

Pop
Too old to be too smart

Slow server response time results in a double post, again.........

Pop

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter

Tags
buds, mission, powerstroke, viejo