Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
IS MY TRUCK A 1 TON?

I started this thread in the MD forum here: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...ton-truck.html I got a lot of good feed back but I'd like to ask you all too.
My HOA that I am STILL leased to is bothering me so:
I am looking to find out if my truck is a 1 ton truck. On my registration it says I am registered as a 7000 GVW, (GVWR is 9200 on the door jamb) also It says I am in class EOL. Is this considered a 1 ton OR 3/4 ton...in the eyes of court or MVA Maryland Vechicls Administration)?
Thanks!
Ian, 1 each (That's my nomenclature so don't wear it out) 97 F350 7.3L Auto 4WD Crew Cab 230K (Cali model bummer). MODS: HOOOOGA! horn, 6637, Service/Utility bed, 3" DP, Testing that Cat, 120v IDM. US ARMY OAS, OJE-IFOR, SFOR,2,5, OJG-KFOR, OIF, OEF. To ALL that have served, THANK YOU!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Posting Guru

richdawg has a good reputation on FTE.richdawg has a good reputation on FTE.
If it looks like a 1ton has a F350 tag, in the eyes of the HOA enforcer it's a 1 ton. I personally would never be able to live with the HOA rules, so would never buy in the first place. I think you can fight them but I don't think you can win. They have the power so even if you win, you and others in the HOA will pay more, (they would have to raise rates to cover legal fees) so you will still loose. SORRY.
I would never want to live in MD either.
Rich-97 F350 SC Dually long bed 2wd, 5 speed, 410's, 145000 : 6637 intake filter, Tymar 3" down pipe, cat delete, IDM 140v, Digital pyro gauge, Rosewood Stage 1's, FPR shim, CCV mod. Valair 400 HP Organic Clutch, GPR manual momentary switch, Superchip 1700 tuner/programer.
To do would be install 6.0 intercooler (need pipes and boots)
Old 10-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Senior User

dizzyfingers03 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The 1 ton or 3/4 ton doesn't really describe anything useful anymore (at least not as I've every been able to determine).

My 250 has a GVWR of 8800 lbs and an empty rated weight of 6,700 lbs (full tank of fuel and 180 lbs nominal driver according to the WV DMV). That's 2,100 lbs of practical payload. Does that make it a 1-ton? Who knows...

I think people just call dually truck's one-tons because it worked out that way a long time ago. Actually, a single rear wheel 350 has a higher payload than a dually because of the increased weight of the duals. A SRW 350 is like 3000ish lbs or something like that.

What does your home owners association (I assume that's HOA??) want to tow you for? Do they really have a distinction for dually pickups? If you fight in court, remember, all the way through F350 are considered light duty trucks (DOT class 2 I think, not sure though).

1996 F250 7.3 L PSD - 6637 intake, 3" downpipe, Valair organic clutch, 150K miles
1993 Ranger 3.0 4WD 5spd
Old 10-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Posting Guru

plgebbia has a good reputation on FTE.plgebbia has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyfingers03 View Post
Actually, a single rear wheel 350 has a higher payload than a dually because of the increased weight of the duals. A SRW 350 is like 3000ish lbs or something like that.
The above statement is incorrect.... for example, a 96 F-350 SRW has a GVW of 9,200 lbs, a 96 F-350 DRW has a 10,000 lb GVW (chassis cab 350s have 11,000 lb GVW)

Don"t want to come across as a jerk, just wanted to clarify that.
1995 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4 5-spd 4.10s 7.3L Powerstroke 328,000 miles and counting. Big Mods: 275/200 hybrids, srp1, ITP fuel system w/twin pumps, all the other odds and ends...tuned by Jonathan at NLTD. 2004 F-250 FX4 CC 6.0L, 125,000 miles, ARP studs, EGR dissapeared... Tuned by Innovative
"It is a fine line between genius and idiocy"
Old 10-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Posting Guru

bad12jr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bad12jr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Here's what you do. Go start your truck and let it warm up for a half hour. Turn the lights on bright and make laps around the neighbor going the speed limit legally. Id tell them to f off it was me and deal with. A f350 and 250 and 150 are the same size exterior so screw em.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
Thanks for all the input!

richdawg, thanks for your OPINION..everyone has one like YOU. You are very uniformed...meaning IGNORANT to how this (and other )HOA's work. I am glad you don't live in MD too!

Dizzy, I agree...a very gray line but there has to be one never the less. Thanks for chiming in!

Ian, That is how I thought/think it was/is too.

Badjr!..BADjr!....I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!

richdawg, I am sorry for coming across in a bitter way. I just took what you said as a insult. I am sorry for snswering in such a rude way.
Ian, 1 each (That's my nomenclature so don't wear it out) 97 F350 7.3L Auto 4WD Crew Cab 230K (Cali model bummer). MODS: HOOOOGA! horn, 6637, Service/Utility bed, 3" DP, Testing that Cat, 120v IDM. US ARMY OAS, OJE-IFOR, SFOR,2,5, OJG-KFOR, OIF, OEF. To ALL that have served, THANK YOU!
Old 10-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Louisiana Chapter LDR

fordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud offordpride has much to be proud of
Are they being a PITA cause of the size of your rig or the lbs. of it
Lots of parts to come
97 F250 totaled 11/19/12
Louisiana FTE Member Map
Old 10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Post Fiend

I agree Mike, but after 3 years...and they know I moving any month...they wanna show their colors now? Oh well, I can play
Old 10-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
A "350" is a 1-ton. A "250" is 3/4, and a "150" is 1/2 ton.
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 10-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
HOA's are bull****
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.

Last edited by Krewat; 10-17-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Do not mask
Old 10-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Postmaster

BuckHammer has a good reputation on FTE.BuckHammer has a good reputation on FTE.
Pilgrim812
Lol, my truck can't move under its own power right now and is sitting in an unenclosed outbuilding. I'm an HOA's nightmare. Thank God I don't live in one.
1996 F-250 XLT 4x4, "Heavy Metal", 7.3L Powerstroke, ZF S5-42 transmission with Valair clutch and flywheel, Supercab, 8' bed, Riffraff 6637, HPX, Dieselsite 203 degree thermostat, 3" Downpipe to 4" straight pipe exhaust.
"you are not a troll. a pain in the --- sometimes, but not a troll." - tjc transport
Old 10-17-2011, 06:28 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by plgebbia View Post
The above statement is incorrect.... for example, a 96 F-350 SRW has a GVW of 9,200 lbs, a 96 F-350 DRW has a 10,000 lb GVW (chassis cab 350s have 11,000 lb GVW)

Don"t want to come across as a jerk, just wanted to clarify that.
No worries. I must have been thinking of another "1-ton" that's like that. Maybe the Dodge. Or I'm just crazy.

1996 F250 7.3 L PSD - 6637 intake, 3" downpipe, Valair organic clutch, 150K miles
1993 Ranger 3.0 4WD 5spd
Old 10-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
The people who start HOA's are also the liberal morons who think "communities have rights" which is an abstract concept that isn't possible by law.

Individuals have rights, if it just so happens to be that a few of them agree on the same thing, then... but they are still not a community.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
The people who start HOA's are also the liberal morons who think "communities have rights" which is an abstract concept that isn't possible by law.

Individuals have rights, if it just so happens to be that a few of them agree on the same thing, then... but they are still not a community.
The funny part is that HOA often seem to infringe upon individual rights.

BTW, what would your HOA say about an interstate truck driver who parked his tractor at his house, Ian? I was wondering about that as I was headed to work today.

1993 Ranger 3.0 4WD 5spd
Old 10-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copedawg View Post
Thanks for all the input!

richdawg, thanks for your OPINION..everyone has one like YOU. You are very uniformed...meaning IGNORANT to how this (and other )HOA's work. I am glad you don't live in MD too!

Dizzy, I agree...a very gray line but there has to be one never the less. Thanks for chiming in!

Ian, That is how I thought/think it was/is too.

Badjr!..BADjr!....I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!

richdawg, I am sorry for coming across in a bitter way. I just took what you said as a insult. I am sorry for answering in such a rude way.
I meant to quote, not edit.

richdawg, I am sorry for coming across in a bitter way. I just took what you said as a insult. I am sorry for snswering in such a rude way.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
1ton, 34, boxes, commercial, determine, dump, f250, house, nh, park, plates, ton, tool, truck, trucks