Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Elder User

1oldtimer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano78 View Post
Glad to hear its running for ya now. Just need to chase out the little things. I hope you're wrong about the aftermarket shafts! I just bought 2 sets and am skeptical about them now! TIRED of this CHINA crap!

I like the hood pin Idea! Very cool!
I found another NOS shaft and it looks a little different then the other NOS one in the motor now, but it should work fine. The NOS one I just got also has a step on both sides so the plugs will stop. Sadly the aftermarkets (the stainless ones I haven't seen) are a joke, I was in the process to see how much it would be to hard chrome the old stock shafts....but now I don't need to.

Next step is a trailer hitch, speakers and interior lights.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
What keeps the hood pin from rattling out? I'd use a hairpin clip like racers use for their hoods, or a push button quick release pin (I don't know if they come 1/4" diameter check in the specialty hardware drawers at you local DIY store or a farm supply store for a selection of pins and clips)

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
2007 Solstice GXP racer, the "KRAZED KANARY"
Third place finish 2009 SCCA National Championships
Old 06-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracer View Post
What keeps the hood pin from rattling out? I'd use a hairpin clip like racers use for their hoods, or a push button quick release pin (I don't know if they come 1/4" diameter check in the specialty hardware drawers at you local DIY store or a farm supply store for a selection of pins and clips)
I was going to drill a hole in the bolt/pin I made for a hairpin clip, but I noticed that the latch has a lip downwards. You install the pin/bolt and turn the hood pin locking the washer into position. So the washer serves 2 purposes, 1 to hold the bolt/pin from slipping through the hood pin and 2 to hold it from slipping out.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
I'll get you that hitch measurement if it ever stops raining. Been raining every day for over a week now. My back yard weed patch aka lawn is 2' tall literally!

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
2007 Solstice GXP racer, the "KRAZED KANARY"
Third place finish 2009 SCCA National Championships
Old 06-18-2013, 01:17 AM
Elder User

More small stuff. I didn't want to pull up the lower column mount to put in the rubber floor mat, so I cut around it. Of course it wasn't clean and straight and the cut out for the brake pedal was off too. So I made a cover for it.......not 100% if I like it but it's in.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Elder User

Also put the interior lights in, I wanted small but big enough to cover the holes from the old lights.......... so I settled on 40-50 ford car interior lights.

Next step is to cover the speaker holes.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Senior User

hwyhogg is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice panel! How do you like the 2.47 gears? Mine is running a 2.75...not terribly fun in town but awesome for highway.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwyhogg View Post
Nice panel! How do you like the 2.47 gears? Mine is running a 2.75...not terribly fun in town but awesome for highway.
Getting ready to pull the out of the garage and see if I need to rebuild them. I'm still running the 3.00 now, I figure the 2.47 will be fine around town with the 390 and even better on the freeway.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Elder User

Dano78 has a good reputation on FTE.Dano78 has a good reputation on FTE.Dano78 has a good reputation on FTE.
Those interior lights really go good in there. Nice size and I'm sure gives just the right amount of light.

That column plate you made turned out pretty good! I like it and I know what you mean. A real PITA to tear into it as Henry intended.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Elder User

birdman1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great looking panel, far better than my '59 shorty. Thanks for all the info. and great pics, very informative.
Mike
Old 08-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Junior User

gerrymoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just found your build thread. You can tell it is a labor of love for ya. Nice work. Paid particular close attention to the side interior panel, the way it went straight across at the b pillar instead of dipping. A new way for me to look into. Question Is your headliner one pc made with metal bows?
Old 08-19-2014, 12:32 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrymoe View Post
Just found your build thread. You can tell it is a labor of love for ya. Nice work. Paid particular close attention to the side interior panel, the way it went straight across at the b pillar instead of dipping. A new way for me to look into. Question Is your headliner one pc made with metal bows?

The interior was in the panel when I got it, the PO said his friend that did the work was a boat interior builder. It is one piece and looks to be bows, but I'm not sure on how they attached them to the sides.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:32 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
304, 54, 54panel, bronco, e250, fender, filter, ford, grill, ih, kn, nos, panel, part, sale, van