Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2011, 04:00 PM
New User

velocity tom is starting off with a positive reputation.
Best cold air intake

I have a 2000 f350 7.3. I'm looking for the best cold air intake. I'm leaning towards the banks ram air.

Im looking for the best fuel econ.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Moved to the 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel forum.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Post Fiend

BigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud of
Welcome. Your truck already has a Cold air intake. Although most of Banks stuff is good stuff, you are paying for advertising, so it's a little more pricey. Here are some options, the S&B or AFE are really nice setups, I personally have the DIY Tymar aka 6637.

Riffraff Diesel Performance Parts: - Intake Kits / Filters

Alan 2000 F-350 CC SRW 4WD, DIY FRx, DIY CCK, Tyrant Tuning, BTS Trans, SpringerPop's Disabler, 6637 Filter, OCR, DIY Hutch Mod, Van Turbo w/RR 6/6 billet wheel, Foil Delete, 50Cent Mod, 4" Turbo back, other stuff...297,000 Miles and counting.Towing 2005 32' Sandpiper 5'er 2007 CC SRW 4WD 6.0 mostly stock
Member Arkansas Chapter
Old 10-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Posting Guru

PwerStroke99 has a good reputation on FTE.PwerStroke99 has a good reputation on FTE.PwerStroke99 has a good reputation on FTE.
AFE and S&B are nice products. I recommend the ACTUAL TYMAR Intake. great product and Dale stands behind his product. good guy to deal with
Old 10-16-2011, 01:06 AM
Hit it!

Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
ChrisMPorras
Don't forget the Ford AIS setup.
2002 F350 XLT, 7.3L CC 4x4, SRW, Autometer Ultralites, DP TUNER, BTS Trans, 6.0 tranny cooler, F650 dash, AIS w/zoodad, Warn Hubs, 4" MBRP exhaust, '08 rear end cover, Foil Delete, Heated Tow Mirrors, AIH Delete, Homemade CCV mod., Bilsteins.
The Silver Bullitt PAA# 24
Old 10-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Elder User

rufushusky has a good reputation on FTE.rufushusky has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity tom View Post
I have a 2000 f350 7.3. I'm looking for the best cold air intake. I'm leaning towards the banks ram air.

Best is a tough word to define...it really depends on what you want to do to your truck. If you goal is fuel economy really any of them will help but don't expect miracles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD View Post
Welcome. Your truck already has a Cold air intake. Although most of Banks stuff is good stuff, you are paying for advertising, so it's a little more pricey. Here are some options, the S&B or AFE are really nice setups, I personally have the DIY Tymar aka 6637.

Riffraff Diesel Performance Parts: - Intake Kits / Filters
I am running the Riff Raff 6637 kit....I could have saved like 10 bucks by sourcing everything myself but Clay's stuff is much better than whatever I would have been able to find so I am glad I went with his kit. 6637 IMHO offers a great bang for the buck, MUCH better flow than stock and even better filtration. For anyone under 450rwhp it is a tough bargain to beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboychris View Post
Another great intake, unbelievable filtration...expensive filters but they are awesome.

Sold:2002 F-350 ECLB SRW 4WD 7.3 4R100, 08 diff cover, RiffRaff 6637, HPX, 203* T-Stat, Stancor Relay, Mile Marker Hubs, 6.0 trans cooler
Old 10-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Posting Guru

cj45lc has a very good reputation on FTE.cj45lc has a very good reputation on FTE.cj45lc has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboychris View Post
I'm with you Chris, hard to beat & the filter last a long time
Old 10-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Posting Guru

BadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Welcome Well I have yet to get the intake system I want so that has given me alot of time to take into consideration everyone's input. I myself want to get the Ford AIS but it is a little costly. But still cheaper than the Banks. But the best bang for the buck is the RiffRaff #6637 kit.
And the RiffRaff #6637 kit is only a few bucks more than the K&N drop in but way better in keeping the dirt out and better air flow. Everyone says the K&N is bad for our engines (turbo dusting) Well it isn't the filter itself, it is that the stock air box is junk !! Since I don't have the cash to get the AIS and I had already had the K&N I just modded my stock air box. Drilled and wired the top of air box to get a nice tight fit, Added another fresh air intake in the bottom of box (front).
Ed PAA#121 "It's a sick world but I am a happy guy"
E99 F350 Lariat CC DRW 215k: 4" MBRP,up&down pipes coated/wrapped, bellows, T500, Kuzz4R100, TruCool, CCV with catch can, 50cent, E99 turbo/1.0 w.g.turbine, T.M. wastegate, EBPV delete,470-ohm, hutch/harpoon, A/C shim, K&N, Smoked lights

'76 E350 DRW/26' Holiday Ramber 460 4bl C6 : Autometer gauges
Old 10-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Senior User

blue1ton is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the AIS with the Sleeve option on my 2002 F350. My 7.3 has been happier since switching to the AIS 4 years ago. No regrets. Sorry I didn't do it sooner.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:38 PM
New User

I think im going to go with the AFE kit with the stage 2 air intake and the 4 in turbo back sys.

I hope that 190k isn't to late for mod's.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Posting Guru

cj45lc has a very good reputation on FTE.cj45lc has a very good reputation on FTE.cj45lc has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
I think im going to go with the AFE kit with the stage 2 air intake and the 4 in turbo back sys.

I hope that 190k isn't to late for mod's.
not too late
if your exhaust system is still in good shape you might want to think about just replacing the muffler with a straight thru type muffler
Old 10-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Senior User

RainStroked is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yea 190k isn't old for these trucks at all, they are very stout. How much power are you looking to make? If you're not going to be pushing the 400hp envelope I'd suggest the AIS as well. It looks stock, it's quiet, filters second-to-none, and is sealed from rain and snow getting in. I am happy with mine, I have a 6637 in my garage I used to run, but I've been much happier with the AIS knowing no water is going to get in.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:00 PM
New User

I want the turbo back 4in exhaust and I like the sound. I have the superchips power programer now set on performance tow. I would like to upgrade to the TS performance switchable set up.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:02 PM
New User

Im realy after more mpg. But power is great to. I live in Fl. and run up to NC. every time I get a chance.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Im realy after more mpg. But power is great to. I live in Fl. and run up to NC. every time I get a chance.
you can get the TS style chip from PHP $295
Old 10-16-2011, 03:06 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2000, 2002, 60, 73, 73l, air, cold, diesel, f350, intake, mpg, performance, powerstroke, truck, tymar