Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2014, 02:54 AM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
i saw a cool one this weekend, it was about half the size of that bus with a flat bed and ATV's on it with what looked to be an RV conversion on the front half. it was cut about 50/50 though.
2011 F-150 Limited #3679 6.2 V8 4x4, Retrax bed cover, Husky mud flaps and wheel liners, HIDs, 35% tint
2002 Excursion Limited V10 4x4, 2.5/2" lift, HIDs,LEDs,20" DC wheels
1998 Expedition XLT 5.4 4x4,HIDs,16x8 ultra wheels,LEDs, HIDs
1991 F-250 lairat 4x4 5.0, 7'6" BOSS snow plow, Back Rack, Strobes, Work lights
Old 08-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Elder User

OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A/Ox4 View Post
I wonder if you still need a passenger endorsement...
less than 10 people than nope not needed.... you do need one for a econoline van if all the seats are filled! think you can sit 12 to 15 in the largest one.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Senior User

Monster Moovers is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Monster Moovers is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdevildog16 View Post
and one more for now....

Click the image to open in full size.
I know this is a couple of years old, sorry, I just found it but call me a bit thick.... how do you turn corners?
Old 08-27-2014, 01:46 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Moovers View Post
I know this is a couple of years old, sorry, I just found it but call me a bit thick.... how do you turn corners?
Very carefully.

Jim
Old 08-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thronsonskip
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlackCat View Post
less than 10 people than nope not needed.... you do need one for a econoline van if all the seats are filled! think you can sit 12 to 15 in the largest one.
i had a 15 passanger 4x4 ford van, that thing was great! never had a passanger endorement, but didnt know i needed one, also dont have any friends so it would have been pointless to get that endorsment.
00EX7.3 powerstop rotors, coated calipers, pads, 6637 filter, FRX, HPX, cobalt gauges, riff raff boots/plenum inserts. alternator 1/30/2012 199226 miles. oil filter, pre&fuel filter 9/2014 226221 Miles. If you ever put a obituary to me on your car window i hope you die in a accident.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Elder User

OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post
i had a 15 passanger 4x4 ford van, that thing was great! never had a passanger endorement, but didnt know i needed one, also dont have any friends so it would have been pointless to get that endorsment.
in my state you need it.... your state may vary....
Old 08-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
Quote:
in my state you need it.... your state may vary....
You only need it if you are driving for work or commercially. If you have 15 kids you can drive them all without the endorsement I do believe.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:22 AM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
Quote:

I'm confused... It drive a 15 passenger Econoline van (at least commercially) you do need a passenger endorsement regardless of the number of passengers you have. Even if its 0. That's what they told me at my passenger endorsement test.

As far as needing it for non commercial uses, idk... They have noncommercial class b and a and commercial class c, so I would imagine you do need it just as an endorsement on your noncommercial class c. But then again most dmvs don't know about non commercial class a anyhow. Its a separate test than commercial class a.

Heck when I went to do my ambulance driving test the lady said she has never done it (same response I get every time I go there for these) and she goes back to the lady and says "I need an ambulance" and the lady freaks out until its explained that she actually needs an ambulance TEST.
- Trey PAA Member #110
2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
My How-To Video Library
SoCal Chapter Member (Join us HERE)
Old 08-28-2014, 08:54 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by A/Ox4 View Post
I'm confused... It drive a 15 passenger Econoline van (at least commercially) you do need a passenger endorsement regardless of the number of passengers you have. Even if its 0. That's what they told me at my passenger endorsement test.

As far as needing it for non commercial uses, idk... They have noncommercial class b and a and commercial class c, so I would imagine you do need it just as an endorsement on your noncommercial class c. But then again most dmvs don't know about non commercial class a anyhow. Its a separate test than commercial class a.

Heck when I went to do my ambulance driving test the lady said she has never done it (same response I get every time I go there for these) and she goes back to the lady and says "I need an ambulance" and the lady freaks out until its explained that she actually needs an ambulance TEST.

My brother in law has the same issue with the fire truck tests. The LA fire department gives out the name of the one person at the one dmv that knows what's going on and they all go to her.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:04 AM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
I think the laws vary state to state widely on that matter. I do know here you can tow and drive any private entity truck non commercial of almost any length and tow about the same as long as it stays under a certain weight rating. Have not paid attention all that much, but i should since i've driven some stuff in some very scary conditions that i had no license for(air brakes, over 26,001 GVWR)..oopsies?
2011 F-150 Limited #3679 6.2 V8 4x4, Retrax bed cover, Husky mud flaps and wheel liners, HIDs, 35% tint
2002 Excursion Limited V10 4x4, 2.5/2" lift, HIDs,LEDs,20" DC wheels
1998 Expedition XLT 5.4 4x4,HIDs,16x8 ultra wheels,LEDs, HIDs
1991 F-250 lairat 4x4 5.0, 7'6" BOSS snow plow, Back Rack, Strobes, Work lights
Old 09-14-2014, 10:10 AM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
stagecoach

Interesting suspension made from leather. From the Lone Pine museum.
Attached Images

Join the So Cal chapter here
Be Like Steve
Old 09-14-2014, 10:13 AM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Hmm, holes in my Hummer

Wonder how those got there?
Attached Images

Be Like Steve
Old 09-14-2014, 11:38 AM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Best Hummer mod I've seen!

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 09-14-2014, 01:54 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

How is it that none of the glass was hit?

Be Like Steve
Old 09-15-2014, 01:34 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
How is it that none of the glass was hit?
i wondered that too...
Old 09-15-2014, 01:34 AM