Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Senior User

cmdevildog16 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Coming To Cali

I will be moving to cali in Jan 2012 and figured id drop by and start snoopin around on the threads here, also to what the diesel scene is like in SoCal.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Welcome to the Sunny Southland!

Our chapter's Fearless Leader has a six-oh! Lots of them out here, and we have a VERY-competent shop that fixes them right the first time, too.

Where will you be living when you get out here?

Where are you coming from? NOVA isn't a place I recognize.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 10-11-2011, 09:36 AM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Northern Virginia?

So, what's bringing you to So Cal? Seems more people are leaving that coming these days.

FYI, we have diesel smog checks.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 10-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Senior User

Yes nother Virginia, and i will be getting stationed at Camp Pendleton. Also my truck will be registered in myt home of residence wich is washington state so hopefully i should get away from those smog checks.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:52 AM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Excellent. Allow me to welcome you in advance. I think you will enjoy your time here.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 10-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Senior User

Thank you and i believe i will enjoy the time as well i have been waiting for oders back to the West Coast for a while.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Senior User

Also what shop are you talking about over there.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
According to hearsay, you won't be smog exempt, no matter the state of registry.

I don't know how that really works, but it's what I SEEM to remember someone telling us about the base policy on compliance.

However, I've been known to get things wrong, too.

Have a chat with Danny, (Mongo75) here. He is also stationed at Pendleton. I sent him a PM to chime in on this.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 10-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Senior User

Fishing_Uncle has a good reputation on FTE.Fishing_Uncle has a good reputation on FTE.Fishing_Uncle has a good reputation on FTE.
Thank you for your service CM and welcome in advance.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Senior User

thank you and wow that sucks i have almost 200k on the beast and have never had it smog tested so im not sure if it will pass.... but i still have my EGR cooler and all that EPA stuff to include CAT so hopefully it will.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:55 AM
2 bit Californian

bill.pounds.1
If the engine is stock, and it doesn't smoke (much), you shouldn't have any problem passing. There is no tailpipe sniffer on the diesel test, so how much it is actually emitting is not an issue. Unless it visibly smokes.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Senior User

ok good to go, mine does not smoke at all.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:00 AM
2 bit Californian

bill.pounds.1
Oh, and I love hearing about 200k 6 leakers. Gives me hope.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Senior User

yeah and now i love hearing about 300k 6.0's...lol...i got it when it had 173k on it and am the 2nd owner, first person seemed to take extremely good care of the vehicle and i am keeping that up with maintenance etc...
Old 10-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation

Lots of diesel trucks out here, and plenty of room for another one.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 10-11-2011, 12:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter

Tags
9th, bn, called, comm, crime