Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Senior User

Airzima is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Royal Purple Ice?

I have looked at past posts on Royal Purple Ice coolant additive (Watter Wetter also came up during this search) and have not really verified if there is a benifit to adding this to my 6.0. When I did an internet search on this product, there were alot of posts (on other sites)that testify to lower coolant temps in their vehicles. The posts did not specify our 6.0 diesels. My question to this forum is: Has any one used one of these products? If so, for how long and have you seen a difference in measured coolant temps before and after the additive was added to your coolant system. Is it compatable with the Gold coolant that we run in our 6.0? I pull a 14.5k toy hauler at high altitudes (9000 to 11000 ft) and I am looking for every advantage that I can get on keeping my 6.0 cool, while still utilizing the power that it produces.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Posting Guru

High Binder has a good reputation on FTE.High Binder has a good reputation on FTE.High Binder has a good reputation on FTE.
Lowering the percentage of coolant:water would be much more effective and safer. Water Wetter uses a polymer so I would assume that this Purple Ice uses the same, look for anything that says siloxane (i.e. Silicone) or something to that effect on the ingredients. It will hopelessly clog your oil cooler/EGR cooler/etc.. when it polymerizes which is instantly on any polar surface and/or in ionized or low pH water, think bubble gum and in high doses complete engine replacement, not just components.. I could go on but I'm sure you see where this is going...

Post back if you don't see a 'siloxane' or something like that on the ingredients.

2004 F350 6.0. Lariat FX4. Other assorted cars/bikes.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Senior User

Airzima is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thank you for your feed back. I will do some more research and see if Siloxane is in the ingredients
Old 10-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Posting Guru

High Binder has a good reputation on FTE.High Binder has a good reputation on FTE.High Binder has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airzima View Post
Thank you for your feed back. I will do some more research and see if Siloxane is in the ingredients
Airzima, I looked and couldn't find anything on it. I found the MSDS for it but it didn't say anything... in fact it was probably the worst, or best depending on how you look at it, MSDS I've ever seen. I also looked at Autozone & Walmart and they didn't have it so no luck there.

If you find it at a store let me know and I'll go pick some up and see what's in it and how easy/hard it is to react.

2004 F350 6.0. Lariat FX4. Other assorted cars/bikes.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:13 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2008, 60, big, cool, diamond, diesel, engine, exhaust, eye, f250, ford, ice, purple, reviews, royal, truck, trucks