i got a avator now i think

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 01:56 PM
arkredneck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got a avator now i think

i finally figured out how to use a computer better and got me a avator i hope
now if i can only figure out how to post pics!!!

Old 10-09-2011, 02:24 PM
JamesHajek
Postmaster
Ya you do but it is sideways. lol

Old 10-09-2011, 04:41 PM
BuckHammer
Cargo Master

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Haha, that's funny. You should leave it.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:50 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
If you upload the pics to an album on this website, here is what you do after the pics are in your album...

1. go to your profile

2. click on the appropriate album

3. click on the picture you want to post

4. Now it will come to a page with only that picture on it... Under that picture and under your caption are 2 links written out. One of them is "Picture URL" and the other is "BB code". You want the "BB code".Copy the text in the "BB code" box and then go to your post. In your reply box, paste the BB code text and submit. It will post that picture in your post.

5. For multiple pics in one post when the pics are on this site, I open up two pages of FTE. On one page, I load the album that I'm posting pics from. The other will be my reply box that I'm pasting to. So now you just click on whatever pic you want, copy the BB code, open other page with reply box, paste... Go back to pic window, press back button, click on the next picture, copy BB code, other window, paste, etc, etc, etc.

When posting from somewhere like a photobucket account... Upload your pictures to photobucket from your PC or mobile device. This part is easy.

1. Have 2 windows open. One will have Photobucket open, the other with FTE open.

2. In Photobucket, simply hover your mouse over the pic that you want to post and under the pic multiple text boxes will show up. In order from top to bottom- Email and IM, Direct Link, HTML code, IMG code. You want the IMG code to post pics to this thread.

3. click on the IMG code text and copy it. Now you simply paste it into the reply box here on FTE. When you post, the pic will show up.

The code that you want in order to post pics to a forum such as this will have [IMG] at the beginning and end of the link of the page.

To post videos I always upload them to youtube. Once the video is loaded and works on youtube, go to the video page and copy the web address at the top of the window... This is the part that says Ford Truck Enthusiasts, 1948-2011 Ford F150, Super Duty & SUV owners community and information source. Covers F100, F-150, F250, Bronco, Ranger, Explorer, Expedition, Lighting, Escape and More

Once you've copied that web address from youtube, paste it in your reply box here on FTE. It will automatically embed in the post and show the video on the thread.

Hope this helps, there are alot of different ways

Old 10-09-2011, 11:07 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
If you upload the pics to an album on this website, here is what you do after the pics are in your album...

1. go to your profile

2. click on the appropriate album

3. click on the picture you want to post

4. Now it will come to a page with only that picture on it... Under that picture and under your caption are 2 links written out. One of them is "Picture URL" and the other is "BB code". You want the "BB code".Copy the text in the "BB code" box and then go to your post. In your reply box, paste the BB code text and submit. It will post that picture in your post.

5. For multiple pics in one post when the pics are on this site, I open up two pages of FTE. On one page, I load the album that I'm posting pics from. The other will be my reply box that I'm pasting to. So now you just click on whatever pic you want, copy the BB code, open other page with reply box, paste... Go back to pic window, press back button, click on the next picture, copy BB code, other window, paste, etc, etc, etc.

When posting from somewhere like a photobucket account... Upload your pictures to photobucket from your PC or mobile device. This part is easy.

1. Have 2 windows open. One will have Photobucket open, the other with FTE open.

2. In Photobucket, simply hover your mouse over the pic that you want to post and under the pic multiple text boxes will show up. In order from top to bottom- Email and IM, Direct Link, HTML code, IMG code. You want the IMG code to post pics to this thread.

3. click on the IMG code text and copy it. Now you simply paste it into the reply box here on FTE. When you post, the pic will show up.

The code that you want in order to post pics to a forum such as this will have [IMG] at the beginning and end of the link of the page.

To post videos I always upload them to youtube. Once the video is loaded and works on youtube, go to the video page and copy the web address at the top of the window... This is the part that says Ford Truck Enthusiasts, 1948-2011 Ford F150, Super Duty & SUV owners community and information source. Covers F100, F-150, F250, Bronco, Ranger, Explorer, Expedition, Lighting, Escape and More

Once you've copied that web address from youtube, paste it in your reply box here on FTE. It will automatically embed in the post and show the video on the thread.

Hope this helps, there are alot of different ways

Old 10-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Iallwork
Elder User
Holy crap Glenn! Your finger has got to sore from that much typing. Excellent! Getting pics on the sight was so difficult for me. Took months before I asked my daughter for help. But I got it right away. After she showed me.
You may have to edit your pic down to 800x 600 pixels before you can upload to the sight. You just right click on the pic and stretch/ skew enough times till its small enough. Good luck. It's worth it to learn this.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Iallwork
Elder User
Like this

Does this look like a limited slip rear end?

Old 10-10-2011, 07:58 AM
arkredneck
Posting Guru
No looks like open to me

Old 10-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
laf.

The aviator thing cracks me up! hahah.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:43 AM
arkredneck
Posting Guru
Im gonna try and upload some soon I got some Dana 60 carnage pics to show

Old 10-10-2011, 10:05 AM
JamesHajek
Postmaster
Just sign up for a free photobucket account. Super easy to use. If you can get them on your computer and remember where they are saved, you can upload them onto photobucket and then copy and paste them over here...