NEW Peragon Bed Cover Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 PM
DJL66
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peragon
DJL & Tim -

Excellent feedback to hear and good ideas. This concern is now on our engineering docket for a good long term solution. We do recommend that customers save the foam sheets that ship between the panels so those sheets can be placed between the panels if you're traveling with the cover folded for any length of time. It isn't an elegant solution though. I agree we need something better and we'll put effort into making that happen!
Heath you should look into the weather stripping that I have used. It has a self adhesive backing, easy to apply and by being under the rail it is not exposed to the elements and remains out of view. Even when the panels are folded it is hard to see. Works excellent so far for me.
Don

Old 08-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DJL66
Heath you should look into the weather stripping that I have used. It has a self adhesive backing, easy to apply and by being under the rail it is not exposed to the elements and remains out of view. Even when the panels are folded it is hard to see. Works excellent so far for me.
Don
Hi Don -

That would be a great starting point. I'll PM you for details. Thank you!

Old 07-13-2014, 07:43 AM
Jstbcuz
New User
Don
Has there been any progress on the weather stripping Idea or any others to prevent scuffing?

I am in the market for a bedcover and am leaning toward a peragon

Old 07-13-2014, 04:54 PM
DJL66
Freshman User
Yes, I believe they have added rubber spacers to prevent the panels from touching. The weather stripping that I applied 2 years ago is still working great. After 2 years even with extreme winters the cover still works great, looks great and I get many compliments about how easy it is to use. The staff at Peragon are awesome to deal with too!

Old 07-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Jstbcuz
New User
thanks for the info and input. when and if I buy one I will be sure to share my experience on here

Old 07-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Jstbcuz
Has there been any progress on the weather stripping Idea or any others to prevent scuffing?
Yes, I believe they have added rubber spacers to prevent the panels from touching.
Yes, we have! We now use 1/4" high rubber bumpers between all the panels. The bumpers are on the edges so they are hidden by the guide rails when the cover is closed - keeping the look clean. Thank you for the thumbs up, DJL!

Old 07-14-2014, 06:00 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Originally Posted by Peragon
Yes, we have! We now use 1/4" high rubber bumpers between all the panels. The bumpers are on the edges so they are hidden by the guide rails when the cover is closed - keeping the look clean. Thank you for the thumbs up, DJL!
Send that helpful forward-thinking man a t-shirt dammit!

Old 07-21-2014, 05:56 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
I can't believe this...it's nearly 3 YEARS later and my beautiful Peragon bed cover is STILL working and looking as good as it did back in October 2011 when we installed it. Great job Heath!!! It's a GREAT product!

Old 07-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by BPofMD
I can't believe this...it's nearly 3 YEARS later and my beautiful Peragon bed cover is STILL working and looking as good as it did back in October 2011 when we installed it. Great job Heath!!! It's a GREAT product!
Thank you, Bud! I appreciate your positive long-term review! If you ever need anything, we'll be here!

Old 01-16-2017, 09:52 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Time for a bump of this install and update of the condition of the PERAGON BED COVER.

Things haven't changed too much. It's still on and still performing as advertised!! It's starting to get a little harder for me to open and close, but that may be due to my aging body!!! I think my spine has compressed as I ain't as tall (and I wasn't tall to start with) as I used to be. I really should get out there and clean the bearing channels too. I have to admit I'm not the best keeper-upper. I've NEVER done it and I know with 5 + years of sitting out in the weather they have be have some junk in there.

Can you believe it Heath....going on SIX years now!!!

Old 01-18-2017, 12:07 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Time for a bump of this install and update of the condition of the PERAGON BED COVER.

Things haven't changed too much. It's still on and still performing as advertised!! It's starting to get a little harder for me to open and close, but that may be due to my aging body!!! I think my spine has compressed as I ain't as tall (and I wasn't tall to start with) as I used to be. I really should get out there and clean the bearing channels too. I have to admit I'm not the best keeper-upper. I've NEVER done it and I know with 5 + years of sitting out in the weather they have be have some junk in there.

Can you believe it Heath....going on SIX years now!!!
Going on six years?? Not possible, Bud! Crazy how the years melt by. We must be getting close to your next Ford and my next trip east to help install a Peragon cover on it?

Old 01-18-2017, 07:32 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

You're outta luck Heath... this will be my last truck buy. The 6.0 is working just fine for me and as I only use it to pull the RV and sometimes in the winter plus my age = last truck. Same for the Arctic Fox....But I know that cover will last until my truckin' days are over! And I will still be selling the product..... best on the market!

Old 01-29-2017, 05:55 AM
Ussr94
New User
Does Peragon offer any kind of discounts? Just picked up a 16 crew cab XLT, loving this forum, wealth of amazing information. Have been reading up on the Truxedo and Peragon, will be going with Peragon because of threads like this.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:25 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Ussr94
Does Peragon offer any kind of discounts? Just picked up a 16 crew cab XLT, loving this forum, wealth of amazing information. Have been reading up on the Truxedo and Peragon, will be going with Peragon because of threads like this.
Thank you for choosing a Peragon truck bed cover! We do have a bonus offer for forum members. If you reach out to our team at 877-473-7246 (Mon-Fri 9A-5P Central) or email through our website, they'll be able to pass along the details.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:22 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 307 Likes on 282 Posts
Heath, I am considering a Peragon for my 2010 and it has a factory drop in plastic bedliner. How does this cover seal the top of the bed header panel behind the cab? I understand that no cover is 100% waterproof but I am a volunteer fireman and will be carrying my turn out gear in the bed and prefer to keep it as dry as possible. It is carried in a nylon gear bag so it is protected some.

Quick Reply: NEW Peragon Bed Cover Installation