Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2011, 07:04 PM
New User

BBBSS is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hood won't open 03 F250 5.4

Went to do some work on the truck today and the freaking hood is locked up like a bank vault! Normally I could pull the hood pop and release it gently and walk over and yank the hood up. Wasn't working today so had someone help and hold it while I tried to pull it up but nothing. Even got some pliers and reached under the dash to pull on the wire some more thinking maybe it had too much slack but still nothing.

Not sure where to start with this one at this point?
Old 10-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Have you tried pushing down on the hood while someone pulled the lever?

I have to pull the lever, pick up on the hood and then release the latch under the hood.
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
2001, F-350, DRW. CC. LWB, 4X4, LARIAT,
MODS: 6637 W/Pete's cover, BTS-TRANS, DP-TUNER LIVE, MBRP 4" SS, Isspro 3 gauge kit, TN-BB turbo, Bellowed up pipes, HPX, TRU-COOL cooler, SS Stage II injectors, and the Chris-fifty.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Senior User

northwindone has a good reputation on FTE.northwindone has a good reputation on FTE.northwindone has a good reputation on FTE.
I had the same thing happen 2 days after I bought my truck. I thought the release cable had broke since the hood opened fine when I looked it before I bought it. I finally tried giving the hood a good shove downward and it popped up as usual when I let go. Hasn't done it since. Good luck, that can be very frustrating not being able to get your own hood open.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Senior User

SDTriton250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SDTriton250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Been that long since the hood's been up? Gotta love that 5.4L Triton! I haven't raised my hood since the last oil change. Now you've got me scared! Other than that I ain't no help at all.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Senior User

ItsMREMT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
https://www.facebook.com/ItsMrEMT ItsMrEMT hype6477
is the hood sitting level in the front? ( meaning is it resting on the hood stops in the front equally?)

kicking the reapers **** one call at a time !!!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
1996, 2004, 2009, duty, escape, f150, f250, f350, ford, hood, hpw, open, super, truck, wont