Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Elder User

VONxRUBENxLA is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
VON RUBEN
GF chips??

Anyone ever heard of these guys or use one of these??

http://www.gfchips.com/fordf250.aspx
Old 10-05-2011, 09:25 PM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
I dont trust them. The moment I clicked the link I said nope. I have very good experience with this kind of thing..

1) Very template like. Looks like it was thrown together quickly. What does this mean? They havnt been in business long.
2) No actual product images.
3) Too many models offered. Even if the product you end up getting "works" it will be an off the shelf tuner.
4) Price. No good tuner costs $70
5) MSRP vs Actual price. $400 to $70. I doubt that they ever sold for $400, so thats false advertising.

My advice; Use that money on something smarter.
- Trey PAA Member #110
2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
My How-To Video Library
SoCal Chapter Member (Join us HERE)
Old 10-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Posting Guru

Hybris is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Hybris is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
These guys aren't new to the FTE boards.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...l#post10189896

Specifically this was my response to the same question you asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyt123n View Post
I have th 6.8 V10. Any other options that could give me more hp and fuel economy that are not potentially scams?
Well I know that SCT is a popular brand here on the forums and they are what I would consider reputable.
As for the GForce I hate to say this but...
ITS A TRAP! - YouTube
Old 10-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Senior User

Sparky2531 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sparky2531 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Good one Hybris.
Sometime you guy crack me up!!

1999 F350 CC SD 7.3, mods in progress
"Those who the gods wish to destroy they first make angry"
Old 10-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Elder User

VON RUBEN
Wow dude was getting 17-18MPG. Insane.

What chips/tuners other than 5 star are good? Im tight on funds that's the only reason i was lookig at that
Old 10-05-2011, 10:13 PM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
If you want a good chip youre going to spend money. Also, very few increase MPG. They increase EFFICIENCY. The difference is this:

For example, lets say your stock power is represented by 1.0 unit, and your MPG is represented by 1.0 unit.

After installing a tuner, your power may be 1.5 or 2.0 units, and your MPG will still be 1.0 units. Your power has increased without lowering MPG, this is an increase in motor efficiency.
- Trey PAA Member #110
2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
My How-To Video Library
SoCal Chapter Member (Join us HERE)
Old 10-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Elder User

VON RUBEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by A/Ox4 View Post
If you want a good chip youre going to spend money. Also, very few increase MPG. They increase EFFICIENCY. The difference is this:

For example, lets say your stock power is represented by 1.0 unit, and your MPG is represented by 1.0 unit.

After installing a tuner, your power may be 1.5 or 2.0 units, and your MPG will still be 1.0 units. Your power has increased without lowering MPG, this is an increase in motor efficiency.
Yeah I wouldn't mind getting more MPG but I understand that I have a monster lol and I love it.

I was getting the tuner at first for increase in performance and now since I'm looking to get a trailer it will be for towing shifting help. Thanks alot
Old 10-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Senior User

Pili is starting off with a positive reputation.
With any custom tune remember your not getting just peak hp and tq. It will pick with up through the whole power band. An example, when i put my HD on the dyno i picked up 11hp & tq @ 20% throttle, 40% 10hp & 4tq, 60% 6hp & 3tq, 80% 4hp & 2tq, 100% 4hp & 2tq. As you can see my biggest gains were @ 20% and 40% throttle. Ive only spent maybe 20 hours on a dyno. Guys like mike spend all day every day and know these trucks like the back of there hand. Also if you can keep your foot out of the gas then you might see some small improvements in mpg.
Oxford White 1999 Ford Lightning #3326
Old 10-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Elder User

VON RUBEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pili View Post
With any custom tune remember your not getting just peak hp and tq. It will pick with up through the whole power band. An example, when i put my HD on the dyno i picked up 11hp & tq @ 20% throttle, 40% 10hp & 4tq, 60% 6hp & 3tq, 80% 4hp & 2tq, 100% 4hp & 2tq. As you can see my biggest gains were @ 20% and 40% throttle. Ive only spent maybe 20 on a dyno guys like mike spend all day every day and know these trucks like the back of there hand. Also if you can keep your foot out of the gas then you might see some small improvements in mpg.
I can't wait to get together with mike and get my tuner!!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Elder User

barthel has a good reputation on FTE.barthel has a good reputation on FTE.
JayBarthel
Quote:
Originally Posted by VONxRUBENxLA View Post
I can't wait to get together with mike and get my tuner!!!!
WELL worth the money in my humble opinion. I had a chance to use my "tow" tune a couple of weeks ago, it ROCKED!!!

I'm pretty sure my mileage took a serious hit, but won't know for sure 'til I fill up.

"0-60 takes 5 and a half seconds...and about 17 gallons of fuel...."
Old 10-06-2011, 12:01 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2008, 46, chip, chips, ecoboost, expedition, ford, gf, gfcchips, gfchips, gforceexpeditiongfchip, high, performance, review, youtube