Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Connecticut Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: StreamlineGT

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2011, 02:13 PM
New User

FireGT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking for a Good Diesel Mechanic

Hi everyone! I am located in Central CT and have not had very good results with the local dealer.

I currently have an oil leak on my 2003 7.3L and am looking for another source for repairs.

Can anyone recommend a mechanic, shop or dealer that they have had good service from?

(Dealer is getting another chance tomorrow to make it right, if it isn't fixed, I'm never going back there)

Thanks for any suggestions!

FireGT
Old 10-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Postmaster

gbroehl1 is a name known to allgbroehl1 is a name known to allgbroehl1 is a name known to allgbroehl1 is a name known to allgbroehl1 is a name known to allgbroehl1 is a name known to all
Which dealer are you working through now?

NorthEastSevenThrees <-- link to our homepage
Old 10-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Post Fiend

Zookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to behold
whats leaking?

MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS
Old 10-04-2011, 04:25 PM
New User

The leak is on top of the engine somewhere... it fills the valley with oil and it runs down the back of the engine.
I get about a 2" - 6" spot each day (after the dealer fixed it with a new HPOP gasket). Before that it was about the size of the quarter.
I am in Glastonbury and have used the dealer located here..... I will refrain from naming him until after tomorrow when he has an opportunity to make it right.

The short story is that the original diagnosis from the dealer was that the o rings on the HPOP were leaking - 8 hours and $850+. When I challenged him with the TSB in front of me, the story changed to the gasket was leaking - at 4 hours, $450.
However, the leak is worse now.
This is not the first time this kind of thing has happened at this particular dealer. It's hard to trust them any longer so I'd like to find someone who does good work.
FireGT
Old 10-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Postmaster

gbroehl1 is a name known to allgbroehl1 is a name known to allgbroehl1 is a name known to allgbroehl1 is a name known to allgbroehl1 is a name known to allgbroehl1 is a name known to all
The scary part is that you get get a new pump (possibly upgraded) for that kind of money with a couple of hours labor to swap it out.

NorthEastSevenThrees <-- link to our homepage
Old 10-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Postmaster

danorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputation
go to Deanes auto & truck repair. kingsbury ave tolland/vernon line 860-896-1152
used him for 10+ years never had an issue
Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Non-smoker

7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future
I've yet to have a bad experience with Interstate Ford in Hartford.

Haven't had them do any service on my truck but we've bought trucks there and I've bought parts there and had nothing but good experiences. Only complaint I've heard out of people who have had their trucks serviced there was price but that's every dealership.
-Pete, PAA member #84
Old 10-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Post Fiend

acf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputation
miles.degrandi
I live in manchester so i am going to guess you deal with Monaco Ford?
Thats where i bought my truck, but my uncle doesnt have very good things to say about them after his fun times with his 04 6.0 going in there for service.
Another +1 for interstate ford, had a friend go there with his truck and while it was an expensive job to get the oil pan replaced, he said he was happy with them
coming soon: BPD water pump, Dieselsite HPOP, running for more than a week

Old 10-04-2011, 08:32 PM
New User

Thanks guys! Interstate Ford was on my list to investigate... now it's at the top of my list!
FireGT
Old 10-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Postmaster

rocdril has a great reputation on FTE.rocdril has a great reputation on FTE.rocdril has a great reputation on FTE.rocdril has a great reputation on FTE.rocdril has a great reputation on FTE.
I have had a couple bad experiences at Interstate Ford, but I have had alot of good ones, My brother had a leak like yours on his 7.3, they took care of it quickly, and correctly.

RAY
Old 10-05-2011, 06:01 PM