Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2011, 08:25 PM
FTE fan

underthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud of
HOW MANY STARTER BOLTS 0N 68 302?

Im so embarassed asking such a stupid question, but I checked old threads, and 3 different books and no dice, its such a easy ? that the books just say pull bolts, and then replace bolts LOL. Well i pulled 2 bolts and the cabel and My stock starter wont budge, is there a 3rd bolt? Im tryin to replace the stock starter on My 68 302, with a mini starter for header clearence. Thanks guys (only 4 days till our 20th aniversery cruise to Hawai)
Old 09-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to all
Only 2 Jimmy...try tapping it with a hammer, it may just be "bonded" on the flange and need a little persuasion.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Posting Guru

arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.
Charlieled is right only 2. Had to take a hammer to more then one.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:14 PM
FTE fan

underthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud ofunderthebridgejim has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLed View Post
Only 2 Jimmy...try tapping it with a hammer, it may just be "bonded" on the flange and need a little persuasion.
Thank you Charlie , this is the second help you gave me tonight. While I was surfin old threads looking for this answer, I ran across a post where you helped another member out with what to do with the redundant solinoid that ill be getting on My new mini starter so thank you again in advance for that bit of information. Thanks for always being ready to lend a hand to those in need, or those inept, like Me. LOL
Old 09-27-2011, 09:14 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1968, 2003, 2007, 2009, 302, bolt, bolts, diesel, expedition, explorer, f250, ford, size, starter, truck, v8