2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Cab Lights have been finsihed FINALLY!!!!

Old 09-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LED Cab Lights have been finsihed FINALLY!!!!

OK a few of you know I purchased LED Cab Lights last summer in August. Well 4 weeks ago I finally got around to installing them. They didn't work that day but I didn't have time right then to check why. A week or so later I pulled it apart and redid the wiring as I had done a ****ty job the first go round and still not working. Well today at the suggestion of another forum I reversed the wiring (hot to ground and ground to hot) and presto the lights are working. So I am finally sharing the pictures with you. I love these things they look awesome.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
I have Smoked LED tail and 3rd Brake lights currently in route and hope to have them before I leave on Friday for the weekend. Then comes Smoked headlights but that will be a month or so I think.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Gundown64
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Those look awesome! You definitely don't see too many F150s around with cab lights which im sure would be a head turner to those who know. Also, maybe it's just the lighting, but are those smoked?

Old 09-27-2011, 03:54 PM
TallEddie-1981
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They look great. I had an 85 F-150 and I put cab lights on that. I now have an 08 and want to put cab lights on.

From the pics, it doesn't look like you have a sat ratio receiver on the roof. I have one on my roof and I am concerned it will interfere with the light on the pass side because the receiver looks like it is really close to where the light would be.

Can you tell me what the measurement is from the center of the passenger side light to the edge of the roof.

Thanks.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
The lights I put on are Smoked and the Dodge design. I wasn't a big fan of the Ford tear drop shape and a few others around here did this mod using these lights so i followed suit.

Thanks guys it was actually fun doing this project just a bit of a pain.

From the center light to the edge of the cab roof is about 27". Do a search on here there is a guy (Tylus) who did an amazing write up on how to do these a few years ago. That is what i used including how to wire it into the parking light switch.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:24 PM
danorules
Postmaster
Looks good drew. glad you got them working finally.make sure you post the smoked taillights when you get them. thats what i want next.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Originally Posted by danorules
Looks good drew. glad you got them working finally.make sure you post the smoked taillights when you get them. thats what i want next.

Oh you can count on it and thanks for the grounding tip it helped I just had to reverse the wiring to get it the rest of the way.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Jake_f16
Junior User
Drew the lights look nice but something about me likes them a lot and then something about me don't like them. Maybe if I look at your picture enough it will grow on me hahaha....but hey they look good.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
The cab lights are not for everyone. They are cool looking but serve no real purpose other then looks. But with the rest of the mods I have coming these lights will fit in nicely with the total scheme of my truck.

Also what you may not like is that they are made for a Dodge and not a Ford but they fit very nice.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:46 AM
mitch150
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nice job Coskid, they look good. This might be a future mod for me, though I might go with the tear drop Ford lights and smoke them myself, which is what I did with my heads and tails. Actually had to take the tails back off and sand and buff the Nightshades off the lenses as they didn't pass inspection, so I plan on finding another set of tails to have on hand for inspection purposes and re-smoking the set that's on the truck now.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Coskid
Postmaster
If you are going to use Ford ones you can get them already smoked. No sense in doing it yourself if you have to buy them already.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:08 AM
mitch150
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Coskid
If you are going to use Ford ones you can get them already smoked. No sense in doing it yourself if you have to buy them already.
That's cool, I did not know that you could get them smoked as well, although I actually enjoy doing things like that myself rather than purchasing them ready made, hence the reason I did my own headlights and tail lights not to mention the money I saved for the headlights, a $12 can of Nightshades vs. the cost of smoked headlights. Plus you can do a little customization to the work. Is there a price difference between the smoked cab lights and non smoked ones? If so I wonder how big a difference there is, if it's not much than I would get them ready made. I won't be doing this mod for quite some time, but I think I am definitely going to do it, it does look pretty good on your truck and you don't see many 150s with those lights on them.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Coskid
Postmaster
When I was looking for my lights I found that the only cost difference was between brands not the color of the lens. Recon Cab lights are about $70-80 bucks for the set. I went with a different brand that don't appear to be as bright as Recon lights but hey these are on the roof and don't light anything other then the truck so I was fine with it. You can still see them well it just doesn't seem to come down onto the glass like I believe Tylus said his did a little bit. Mine only cost about $35 for the set got them off Ebay brand new.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:32 PM
4x4 Black dog
Freshman User
just got my 3rd taillight in the mail,im lost

the light on my 04 has three plugs two for the bed light and one for the brake light but the smoked led tailight only has one plug and zomk wont send me instructions to make the crossover any ideas ?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Coskid
Postmaster
New lights have been installed!

Plus one of Cab Lights at night. Doesn't come out great but good enough for the picture.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED Cab Lights have been finsihed FINALLY!!!!