Source for STC fittings

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 02:29 AM
kawcrasher
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Source for STC fittings

Anyone know where to pick some up?

I'm building a pressure tester for my HPO oil system and thought it would be nice just to "snap" into the fittings on the head with a 90* male STC. I have found the STC to ORB on dieselorings.com but no male ends or adapters.
I've tried Grainger, Parker, Summers and Murdock's sites. Lots of disconnect tools, but no fittings.

Also here is a little info I found on these today. No threads? No problem.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:59 AM
DavidE
Mountain Pass
STC supplier

The article references "Eaton Aeroquip" as the supplier. You might try them for info on getting the connectors.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:33 AM
kawcrasher
Elder User
Originally Posted by DavidE
The article references "Eaton Aeroquip" as the supplier. You might try them for info on getting the connectors.
First place I tried not much info on their site for STC fittings. All I really found there where some tech bulletins. Summit racing and Murdock are both Aeroquip dealers, but no STC fittings. I am thinking maybe they are only available to OEM's still.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:25 PM
John7894
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Call your local hydraulic shops. One of the nationwide distributors off the top of my head is Sunsource. I have a Parker distributor down the street from where I work that I deal with. I can see if they have the STC fittings. Biggest problem I've found is actually finding what you need on the Parker, Aeroquip or Eaton websites. Those companies are so large it's hard to find the exact division that deals with what you need. Usually you need a good hydraulic shop guy who knows his stuff so he can hook you up with the right stuff.

Here's a link I found online. Does this have the hose ends you need?

http://www.hydraulicseaton.com.cn/gb...-MC-0001-E.pdf

Old 09-27-2011, 01:11 AM
kawcrasher
Elder User
Originally Posted by John7894
Call your local hydraulic shops. One of the nationwide distributors off the top of my head is Sunsource. I have a Parker distributor down the street from where I work that I deal with. I can see if they have the STC fittings. Biggest problem I've found is actually finding what you need on the Parker, Aeroquip or Eaton websites. Those companies are so large it's hard to find the exact division that deals with what you need. Usually you need a good hydraulic shop guy who knows his stuff so he can hook you up with the right stuff.

Here's a link I found online. Does this have the hose ends you need?

http://www.hydraulicseaton.com.cn/gb...-MC-0001-E.pdf
I found that today, also. The problem is I don't know enough about the hoses to know what is compatible. I do know that hose and fittings are brand specific and shouldn't be mismatched. (Or so all the shops around here say when they only have one of the ends you need) I think Parkerstores only carry their own brands of hose and fittings.

I was hoping to find a Male #6 STC to female 3/8 NPT adapter and not have to have a hose I will probably only use once made up. I didn't notice the adapter section in the product sheet the first time I looked at it, but it now looks as if there are no Male STC adapters made.

I am going to call some local shops this week and see what they can do. It looks like I may just have to get a #5 ORB to 3/8 NPT and use an elbow to hook it up. OH well, I should probably change the o-rings on the adapters in the heads anyway.

Thanks for the help. At least now I know the cheap, easy way don't exist.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:46 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I may be way off base here because I don't know what kind of adapting you might need to do but why can't you just get a couple of new oil rail fittings for the heads. Install the new ones and use the old ones to connect to the stock HPO hoses and adapt them to whatever you need to. When done with pressure testing disconnect them from the HPO hose and then just reconnect the HPO hose back to where ever you disconnected it. Just throwing out an idea.

The oil rail to hose fittings under 15 bucks each from Dieselorings.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:05 AM
kawcrasher
Elder User
Originally Posted by PaysonPSD
I may be way off base here because I don't know what kind of adapting you might need to do but why can't you just get a couple of new oil rail fittings for the heads. Install the new ones and use the old ones to connect to the stock HPO hoses and adapt them to whatever you need to. When done with pressure testing disconnect them from the HPO hose and then just reconnect the HPO hose back to where ever you disconnected it. Just throwing out an idea.

The oil rail to hose fittings under 15 bucks each from Dieselorings.
I need to go the other way, pressurize the head with a hydraulic pump. But, you may be on to something, if I can find or make a female ORB adapter. I have a 7.3 laying around and could pull a fitting and HPO line from it and find a 3/8 Npt to #5 orb fitting, put the STC fitting in it and use the HPO line to connect the 2 stc fittings. It wouldn't be pretty but it should work.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:22 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kawcrasher
I need to go the other way, pressurize the head with a hydraulic pump. But, you may be on to something, if I can find or make a female ORB adapter. I have a 7.3 laying around and could pull a fitting and HPO line from it and find a 3/8 Npt to #5 orb fitting, put the STC fitting in it and use the HPO line to connect the 2 stc fittings. It wouldn't be pretty but it should work.
Sounds like you got pretty much all you need. If you can adapt the -5 orb fitting for the head fitting to your hydraulic pump you got it made. Pop off the hose you need to remove and pop in the hose you adapted for pressure testing. The male ends of the hose fit either the HPOP or head fittings.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:56 PM
kawcrasher
Elder User
Ok, I got all adapters to just thread into the head, but then I didn't have the room to do it. I was looking through my fittings trying to come up with some thing when I realized I had threaded the orb fitting into a 1/4 npt pipe reducer. It turns out male #5 ORB is close enough to 1/4 npt female to thread right in and hold 3000 PSI. So my setup ended up being 3/8 hose from the porta power, 3/8 to 1/4 female/female adapter, STC connector from a head, HPOP hose to the head. Worked great.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:21 PM
mark3885
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kawcrasher
Ok, I got all adapters to just thread into the head, but then I didn't have the room to do it. I was looking through my fittings trying to come up with some thing when I realized I had threaded the orb fitting into a 1/4 npt pipe reducer. It turns out male #5 ORB is close enough to 1/4 npt female to thread right in and hold 3000 PSI. So my setup ended up being 3/8 hose from the porta power, 3/8 to 1/4 female/female adapter, STC connector from a head, HPOP hose to the head. Worked great.
What was you reason to make up the hydraulic pressure adapter? Did you have a leaking injector? I have a leaking injector that looses HP oil when hot , shutting down the motor . I can't pinpoint which injector and don't want to pull all 4 out, they only have 30k on them.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 PM
bigb56
Cargo Master

Received 218 Likes on 148 Posts
I got mine at Hose Power

Old 02-12-2013, 09:45 PM
kawcrasher
Elder User
Originally Posted by mark3885
What was you reason to make up the hydraulic pressure adapter? Did you have a leaking injector? I have a leaking injector that looses HP oil when hot , shutting down the motor . I can't pinpoint which injector and don't want to pull all 4 out, they only have 30k on them.
I couldn't hold more than about 2000 psi of HPO. I was making the tester to pinpoint the leak.