Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Junior User

49fordF-1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I haven't looked that close at them, I thought they were all the same. I need the middle one though.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
The fronts are usually "beefier" than the middle and the rear. The middle and rear are the same. However, I believe that starting in 51, they were all the same.

I have what you need. Send me an email at modelking2000 at hotmail dot com.

Running boards from a Panel or cab only trucks are different than on a truck, in case you wanted to know. Running board brackets on a truck are shorter in length than on a Panel truck. See picture below. Easy way to remember is short bracket - long board (truck) and long bracket - short board (Panel truck and cab only trucks). Panel and cab only truck running boards are approximately 18" long, while regular truck are approximately 16.5" long.
Click the image to open in full size.
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Junior User

49fordF-1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks folks for all your info/input. I got the answer I needed and was able to locate 5 wheels and they are resting comfortable in my garage. They seem to be enjoying thier new home and I could have sworn I saw a tear on one of them that was facing the truck.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:15 PM
New User

BusNut is starting off with a positive reputation.
"Newbie" is an understatement. Not only do I not know too much about my truck, but I know NOTHING about forums. I'm not even sure I'm typing in the right box right now.

So, I have my granddaddy's '54 F100. I'm trying to go back stock with wheels/tires and cannot find any 16x4.5 inside nubs anywhere!

jmadsen : I sent you a message (I think) but got no reply. I'm sorry if my forum etiquette is off, I don't know the rules. I'm just a frustrated guy trying to find some dang wheels.

Furthermore, I know you guys want pictures. As soon as I figure out how to get them here from my phone, I'll do so.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Every day is Saturday...

Jolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusNut View Post
"Newbie" is an understatement. Not only do I not know too much about my truck, but I know NOTHING about forums. I'm not even sure I'm typing in the right box right now.

So, I have my granddaddy's '54 F100. I'm trying to go back stock with wheels/tires and cannot find any 16x4.5 inside nubs anywhere!

jmadsen : I sent you a message (I think) but got no reply. I'm sorry if my forum etiquette is off, I don't know the rules. I'm just a frustrated guy trying to find some dang wheels.

Furthermore, I know you guys want pictures. As soon as I figure out how to get them here from my phone, I'll do so.
First of all, BusNut, welcome to FTE. Personally, I think it's great that you're restoring your granddaddy's truck.

There aren't a lot of rules to limit you here, just some minor frustrations with posting pictures and things like that. That process is explained in the first post "Read First: 48/60 Forum Tips, Tricks, How To's! " And everyone here wants to see pics of your truck.

You'll probably want to start a new thread for your truck. From this page,

hit the New Thread button on the top left.

Can't wait to learn more about your truck.

You've come to the right place to ask your questions. There are plenty of folks on this site with worlds of knowledge about anything to do with your truck. I don't know about the wheels you want, but someone here does.

51 F4 "Betsy" http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...4-project.html "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford
Old 10-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan View Post
The fronts are usually "beefier" than the middle and the rear. The middle and rear are the same. However, I believe that starting in 51, they were all the same.

I have what you need. Send me an email at modelking2000 at hotmail dot com.

Running boards from a Panel or cab only trucks are different than on a truck, in case you wanted to know. Running board brackets on a truck are shorter in length than on a Panel truck. See picture below. Easy way to remember is short bracket - long board (truck) and long bracket - short board (Panel truck and cab only trucks). Panel and cab only truck running boards are approximately 18" long, while regular truck are approximately 16.5" long.
Hey Ilya, whatcha doin with that pocket rod? You a surveyor? Be careful with that thing, you might confuse someone! LOL
I have one of those on my belt whenever I am out surveying!
edit: actually that IS in inches, I just noticed, the ones we have are in tenths and hundredths of a foot.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle View Post
Hey Ilya, whatcha doin with that pocket rod? You a surveyor? Be careful with that thing, you might confuse someone! LOL
edit: actually that IS in inches, I just noticed, the ones we have are in tenths and hundredths of a foot.
Not a surveyor. I'm in the auto collision insurance business and we use it in our photos propped up against the damage on a vehicle to measure the height of the damage. It's really visible in photos due to the print.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.
oh yeah, i remember reading that at some point. I forget so much stuff...
well in land survey we use a very similar measuring tape for the same reason. It can be seen from a longer distance. Probably made by Keson ? the case looks exactly the same.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Post Fiend

Yes, it's a Keson and they're not cheap!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Postmaster

jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.
Lol, one more profession to add to the list who use inches, architects, hookers, and now auto insurance people! Jk
I have a pocket rod too (in tenths hundreths) but only use it on special occaisions, I have 2 grade rods in the truck, one of them is used only to measure down for sewer flowlines (we call it the ***** stick).

Busnut, I'm not sure if I got your message, my home computer is broken so unless I'm at work (and I got busy all of a sudden) I don't think I've seen it? Was it a pm? I've just been on here with my crappy phone.

Try to email me at jfmadsen at yahoo.com at =@
Old 10-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Posting Guru

Moe Craig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Moe Craig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Moe Craig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle View Post
LOL... I haven't seen a pocket rod in a long time... Since we went to robotic and stopped working with someone, since we don't have to use a site and rod... Arial heigth rod is the last time I had to measure but that's a one man job...

1949 Ford F1
"You don't know the power of the Darkside!"
Old 09-26-2013, 11:15 PM
New User

emptypockets garage is starting off with a positive reputation.
I need 4 of those 1949 ford truck f1 16 or 15 inch wheels
Old 09-27-2013, 12:14 AM
Postmaster

jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.
I've got some extra 16" wheels I'm in utah where are you located? Send me an email if you want. Its posted above.
Thanks
Old 09-27-2013, 05:10 AM
New User

emptypockets garage is starting off with a positive reputation.
16 inch wheels

I am in Georgia email me at kenhenson9@yahoo.com thanks
Old 09-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Postmaster

WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
emptypockets I have a set of 3 16'' rims with a 4th that is real rusty. I am in Ohio.
if you have empty pockets.....can you afford them? haha
Bill
Old 09-27-2013, 06:33 PM