Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2011, 08:25 PM
New User

bassetlover is starting off with a positive reputation.
Which type of tonneau cover is best?

I'm new here and seeking advice from seasoned Ford owners. My husband and I will soon take delivery of an F-150 Lariat EcoBoost which we'll use to pull our travel trailer. We want to have a tonneau cover installed to store extra camping gear as our 3 basset hounds will be taking over the crew cab! Which is best in terms of ease of use, watertightness, durability, etc - - - a retractable or rolling cover or one of those with the flip-up panels?? Your expert advice is appreciated - - - thanks!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
It's all gonna depend on your personal choice! I would look through this forum and the one down below titled "BED COVERS, TONNEAU etc. and then visit the manufacturers web sites and decide.

I am getting ready to install a new aluminum sliding cover that will replace the exact one I installed 6 years ago.... I will be posting my experiences with it after it gets here and I get it installed. Follow along if you wish......

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 09-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Elder User

TruckDaddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
As far as a retractable cover, the best two covers are TruckCoversUSA and RetraxPro. Slightly below those two is Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit.

The TCUSA cover has significantly smaller canister than RetraxPro which will give you a bit more room. The aluminum slats are interconnected (unlike RetraxPro or PE which are connected by rubber).

TCUSA is moderately difficult to install, RetraxPro is a very easy install.

TCUSA
Click the image to open in full size.

RetraxPro
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Senior User

doublenot7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.doublenot7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I like hard tonneau better for looks but you cannot haul larger loads with it installed. Like the OP though, I tow a TT and like to have lockable storage that is raccoon proof! My buddy learned the hard way his roll up cover was not 'coon proof (his fault for thinking he locked it). My F150 had an ARE on it, I was pleased with that and had the Ford logo on it also.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:19 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
This cover Peragon is weather resistant, lockable and only uses 5 inches of bed space when folded in an Scab bed. $599 delivered anywhere in the country.
Attached Images

2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 10-08-2011, 12:22 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Peragon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetlover View Post
I'm new here and seeking advice from seasoned Ford owners. My husband and I will soon take delivery of an F-150 Lariat EcoBoost which we'll use to pull our travel trailer. We want to have a tonneau cover installed to store extra camping gear as our 3 basset hounds will be taking over the crew cab! Which is best in terms of ease of use, watertightness, durability, etc - - - a retractable or rolling cover or one of those with the flip-up panels?? Your expert advice is appreciated - - - thanks!
Bassetlover -

There are a number of good cover options on the market and each one offers slightly different pros and cons. Here at Peragon we provide a compelling combination of:

- Solid aluminum with a powder coat finish.
- Quick release design without a canister so you can enjoy full use of your truck bed when needed.
- Robust security.
- Amazing customer support
- A very competitive price
- Made in the USA (northern Minnesota to be exact)

The video on our web site is about three minutes long and provides a great overview of our Peragon truck bed cover and our company. If I can help by answering any questions, please let me know!

Old 10-08-2011, 12:22 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products

Tags
2010, 2011, bed, cover, edwards, f150, folding, ford, full, hard, jackrabbit, metal, pace, raptor, retractable, tonneau, type