Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Post Fiend

DIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to all
Bump.
Mods -- What are the chances of getting this made into a sticky?

1997 F-350 7.3 PSD, 4x4, CCLB SRW, 3.55's, ZF5
If it isn't under warranty, I'll fix it myself.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Post Fiend

strokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to behold
Nate, I will put this in the Tech sticky for you. At least that way it's somewhere.. LOL
Travis- Death Row Diesel Inmate #7
1995 F-250 RC PSD- because race truck
2000 F-250 SC LB 4x4 ZF6- 4" TB, 6637, TW and Gearhead tunes, 160/100s, Driven Diesel full fuel system, S365..
1994 F-150 4x4

Old 09-27-2011, 02:00 AM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic View Post
Bump.
Mods -- What are the chances of getting this made into a sticky?
Dave is MIA, and Cookie sticks mostly to the SD forum.

No Idea why TJC isn't listening to us, he's posted in other posts while this is going on.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Post Fiend

DIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to allDIYMechanic is a name known to all
It really makes no difference to me whether it gets made into a sticky or not, I'm not looking to have my name made into something. That's just not me. I just thought it would simplify things a bit given the number of times it seems this issue comes up.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:47 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
Dave is MIA, and Cookie sticks mostly to the SD forum.

No Idea why TJC isn't listening to us, he's posted in other posts while this is going on.

because i have been working 25 hour days and just scanning the threads when i got a few spare minutes, cause you guys are good about not causing me any grief..

i took tonight off because i am getting burned out.
consider it stuck.
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc transport View Post
because i have been working 25 hour days and just scanning the threads when i got a few spare minutes, cause you guys are good about not causing me any grief..

i took tonight off because i am getting burned out.
consider it stuck.
Thanks Tom.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Post Fiend

Yessir, Thanks Tom. I have to admit, I like the somewhat hands-off approach to moderation on this site. We all (for the most part) mind our manners and you guys are fairly well content to let us run. Some of those other sites have some of the most oppressive mods around. Seems like they're on some kind of power trip or something. Glad this place isn't like that. That is the reason I'm here and not there (among other reasons).

Old 09-28-2011, 10:19 AM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
i wish my other forum was 1/2 as good as this one is.

i really think those guys purposely try to bait me with the things they do
Old 09-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc transport View Post
i wish my other forum was 1/2 as good as this one is.

i really think those guys purposely try to bait me with the things they do
They watch me like a hawk, cause i'm such a "bad egg."
heh.

I sent you a message about that though so you knew what was up.

We just kinda got our own rules in here and everyone follows them.

most of us are older guys, so our give a damn has long been busted, so we just have fun.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Posting Guru

Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.
Agreed, no useless banter. My bad

Old 09-29-2011, 12:27 AM
Posting Guru

jkidd_39 has a great reputation on FTE.jkidd_39 has a great reputation on FTE.jkidd_39 has a great reputation on FTE.jkidd_39 has a great reputation on FTE.jkidd_39 has a great reputation on FTE.jkidd_39 has a great reputation on FTE.
If this thread is gonna be a sticky why don't we rip out the useless banter and keep it informative??
Old 09-29-2011, 09:01 AM
i ain't rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
They watch me like a hawk, cause i'm such a "bad egg."
heh.

I sent you a message about that though so you knew what was up..
oh don't worry yourself about that, i was warned about you way in advance to getting your PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Posting Guru

LeoJr is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm thinking of saving my lunch money for an Edge SCT for the multi-gauge functionality but wouldn't mind some of the performance enhancements as well.

Am I confusing two different products or should I just enjoy the gauge functions and not use the 'chip' part of this product?

Thanks!
Leo
Old 02-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Senior User

cornbinder is starting off with a positive reputation.
anybody on here had their truck "custom tuned? on a dyno? if so where and who and results???
allis chalmers 185-d w/cab
86 ford mustang 5.0 coupe
Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Post Fiend

There are plenty of guys here with "custom" tunes, but not as many that have actually had their rigs "live" tuned by the tuners.

Neal has though and here is a really good read with the results:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...-page-3-a.html

I think Travis (strokin'_tatsch) is running TW live tunes as well, and hit truck runs really well. The problem for us here in the Midwest is that there aren't any of the heavy hitters in 7.3 tuning around here. BTW, I see you're right down the road from me in Jeromesville.

Last edited by DIYMechanic; 02-14-2012 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Corrected Travis' tuner
Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 AM