Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Craig View Post
Don't forget to get that broken bolt out of the tailgate pivot mount while you have it off there.
Thanks Moe! It's already out though! a little heat, a little penetrating oil, a little more heat....you get the picture!....I got to do the same on the other side too. Nice observation buddy!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Posting Guru

rhopper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Jeff, it looks like the crossmember at the back of the bed may need some help, too. I didn't buy the repop crossmember, I bought 2x4 steel tubing and made my own. I welded it to the bedside with some reinforcements and no one has noticed that it's not stock. Bought enough tubing for the crossmember and a rear bumper for less than the price of a new repop crossmember.
AFA the the stake pockets being different on the f2 bed, I think I saw where someone took f1 pockets and split them to both widen and lengthen them. Might be easier to fix what you have and reinstall them.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhopper View Post
Jeff, it looks like the crossmember at the back of the bed may need some help, too. I didn't buy the repop crossmember, I bought 2x4 steel tubing and made my own. I welded it to the bedside with some reinforcements and no one has noticed that it's not stock. Bought enough tubing for the crossmember and a rear bumper for less than the price of a new repop crossmember.
AFA the the stake pockets being different on the f2 bed, I think I saw where someone took f1 pockets and split them to both widen and lengthen them. Might be easier to fix what you have and reinstall them.
Yes you are correct, the section across the back needs work, I haven't looked at it real hard yet but I know it. I have thought the same thing, buying tube if I need to. And the F1 stake pockets are also shorter than the original ones. I don't think they will too bad to repair, they are solid as a rock. It will just take some patience. The one I show in the pics is the worst one, the other rear one is better by far and the front ones are near perfect. yeah I got some work ahead of me! No hill for a climber!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:57 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1948, 1949, 2010, 38, 49, channel, f1, f150, fenders, ford, pickup, pics, pocket, pockets, stake